Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!  (Read 44080 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Now in Version 1!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 08:46:28 pm »

Necro im having the same problem there heres a way around that create two human named like earth human or some thing it will help thats just my two cents through
I think there's no EarthGov at all. If EarthGov had been actually in, we'd see two "Humans" at the start screen, at the very least.
There is an EarthGov. I just made the raws for them near-identical. I should have suspected it'd act like it was raw duped.

Fixing right away!

EDIT: Done.
Necromorphs, now with 95% less fail!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Now in Version 1!
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2011, 08:53:15 pm »

Necro im having the same problem there heres a way around that create two human named like earth human or some thing it will help thats just my two cents through
I think there's no EarthGov at all. If EarthGov had been actually in, we'd see two "Humans" at the start screen, at the very least.
It is also possible that no EarthGov civ was added, or that they don't have access to your site, or that they are the default civ (maybe; I haven't downloaded this mod and don't know much about Dead Space).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Version 1.1!
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 09:28:58 pm »

You can only play as the miners. The Earthers are like the humans to the dwarves.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »

Umm...I am about on my 7th-8th try now to embark, and about 7-8 worlds, and everytime I hit embark, DF crashes, and the errorlog is so long, it would take several hours to read, basically, everything new, and several non-new things are "not recognized" or some variation thereof, I'm no modder, so I have no clue what is wrong, welp, I will keep trying, maybe re-copy-paste the raws a few more times...or just redownload the raws altogether, maybe I just got a bad download...

EDIT: Turns out it was a corrupt version of DF that I was trying to use, also, goat hair clothes everywhere, and Thornberry Nothing, as booze, IMPORTANT: Complete lack of digging tools, kind of ironic for miners, but also makes it nigh impossible to do anything, due to complete lack of wood as well...Entity file messup? eh, not hard to fix myself, Unless the error lies in a deeper issue...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:26:13 pm by Keltiknight »
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »

Umm...I am about on my 7th-8th try now to embark, and about 7-8 worlds, and everytime I hit embark, DF crashes, and the errorlog is so long, it would take several hours to read, basically, everything new, and several non-new things are "not recognized" or some variation thereof, I'm no modder, so I have no clue what is wrong, welp, I will keep trying, maybe re-copy-paste the raws a few more times...or just redownload the raws altogether, maybe I just got a bad download...

EDIT: Turns out it was a corrupt version of DF that I was trying to use, also, goat hair clothes everywhere, and Thornberry Nothing, as booze, IMPORTANT: Complete lack of digging tools, kind of ironic for miners, but also makes it nigh impossible to do anything, due to complete lack of wood as well...Entity file messup? eh, not hard to fix myself, Unless the error lies in a deeper issue...
I'm fixing it right now. I accidentally wrote "ROCK_SAW" in the entity instead of "ROCKSAW". I'm trying to fix all the other problems as well.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Version 1.2!
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »

Fixed!

The game should be playable now. I'm going to bed, so I'll check up on the thread in the morning.  :)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 11:46:02 pm »

This is pretty interesting. I haven't played much, but it should definitely be fun to explore more fully.

Just so you know, I crashed whenever I tried to embark here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hope that helps.

And you may want to include somewhere to replace the raws with the new ones, not just unpack over. Embarking as beak dogs in a Dead Space mod confused me greatly.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 03:06:47 am »

As for now, the errorlog has tons of errors, like typos and stuff. I'm gonna list them here. (Spoilers ahead!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will post more, after I get my copy fixed and understand the errors.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 05:04:53 am »

Does this mod need a ripper saw? I could supply one  8)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:52 am »

I'm fixing all that right away. The Hive Mind can talk, so that is for him. I should put it in his caste, huh?

Also, why is the Hive Mind a slasher? I wrote him up his own body in his caste  :-\

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 12:14:47 pm »

weapon data?

necromorph data?

are they easy to kill?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 12:18:28 pm »

weapon data?

necromorph data?

are they easy to kill?
Weapons: Will cause massive wounds. Force gun can cause enemies to explode against walls.

Necromorphs: Cannot bleed, and have no organs. You need to cut them into mush to kill them.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 12:29:51 pm »

weapon data?

necromorph data?

are they easy to kill?
Weapons: Will cause massive wounds. Force gun can cause enemies to explode against walls.

Necromorphs: Cannot bleed, and have no organs. You need to cut them into mush to kill them.

>: )
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:31:43 pm by kerlc »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »

weapon data?

necromorph data?

are they easy to kill?

>:)
Hey, I said I was making Necromorphs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 03:50:08 pm »

Necro, do you plan to add unitologists? Would be nice to see those bastards trying to attack us.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13