Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!  (Read 44086 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Version 1.2!
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »

Necro, do you plan to add unitologists? Would be nice to see those bastards trying to attack us.
I asked that in the OP when this started, and no one commented on it. So I didn't add that civ.

There are Unitologists technically in the game, as some people will worship the marker and necromorphs.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

My game seems to crash on embark...... :'(
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »

I can now embark but it apears my civ is a group of beakdogs.......
I went into legends...Only Beakdogs and MagmaCrabs aperar to be sentiant...did i do something wrong

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 05:20:21 pm »

I went into legends...Only Beakdogs and MagmaCrabs aperar to be sentiant...did i do something wrong
Maybe there's a duplicate critter?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

Maybe there's a duplicate critter?

I've completly changed raws i know have humans and necromorphs(are necros supposed to form civs?) but now my game crashes on embark >:(

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:59 pm »

Necromorphs are supposed to form civs. I'm trying to fix all the bugs, but not many people are answering my questions.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Taking a look at the entity raws, I guess I know why earthgov doesn't show up: you assigned both CEC and EarthGov to the same creature, wich I think might be what's causing the whole mess. You might want to create a new creature (identical to standard humans) so EarthGov shows up properly.

Necromorphs seem to be working fine for me
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »

Taking a look at the entity raws, I guess I know why earthgov doesn't show up: you assigned both CEC and EarthGov to the same creature, wich I think might be what's causing the whole mess. You might want to create a new creature (identical to standard humans) so EarthGov shows up properly.

Necromorphs seem to be working fine for me
OOPS!
I did make a separate creature, but I forgot to put it in EarthGov *Facedesk*

I'm trying to get to the bottom of all the error log shit, but it's slow. I don't know what the fuck is going on with the necromorphs...

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »

When I made logs at the lab, one reaction made a massive number (99 or more), it took severan seconds of scrolling down the  building contents menu with '/' and instantly raised my alchemist's skill to legendary.

Edit:  Also, it seems to be randomly crashing a few minutes later.  Everything seems fine, but then DF stops responding.  In the errorlog it has a bunch of stuff, mostly about necromorph bodies, and also some errors about skills, reactions, and materials.  It is very long - 29714 words -, so I don't really want to put it up here unless it is necessary.

Another edit:  I just noticed that I have 1.2, and 1.3 was posted recently, so that might be the problem with the necromorphs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:35:01 pm by Draxis »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »

When I made logs at the lab, one reaction made a massive number (99 or more), it took severan seconds of scrolling down the  building contents menu with '/' and instantly raised my alchemist's skill to legendary.
What the fuck? I'll look into it.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorf Space: Version 1.3!
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:07 pm »

Hmm...If its the complete and utter lack of trees causing all the crashing, maybe make a special "tree" called "Rock outcropping" that gives nothing, and is basically useless, but counts as a tree, maybe that will stop the crashing, just a suggestion or if trees always have to give stuff, just make it unleash harmless "gas" Or some such, maybe that will help the insane amount of crashing. I'm no modder, but I imagine the lack of trees maybe causing some of the crashing.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2011, 11:05:52 pm »

Hmm...If its the complete and utter lack of trees causing all the crashing, maybe make a special "tree" called "Rock outcropping" that gives nothing, and is basically useless, but counts as a tree, maybe that will stop the crashing, just a suggestion or if trees always have to give stuff, just make it unleash harmless "gas" Or some such, maybe that will help the insane amount of crashing. I'm no modder, but I imagine the lack of trees maybe causing some of the crashing.
That's what I was suspecting. I added a "Pseudo-tree" to the latest version to help. It's basically just a fern.

I'll add rock stuff if that doesn't work.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 02:03:26 am »

Maybe some trees could be random electronic clusters. Stuff like broken robotics or doors. Sounds kinda Deadspacey to me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:06:33 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 09:50:10 am »

Maybe some trees could be random electronic clusters. Stuff like broken robotics or doors. Sounds kinda Deadspacey to me.
Copper and iron would work. But then people would build "Scrap Heap Copper Log Beds"  :-\

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:40 am »

Since I'm on an ultra-crappy computer I'm going to pick through the raws to see what necromorphs you added. (am I the only one that hopes he added The Tormentor?)

EDIT: Well, not only was that incredibly easy, I didn't find any special necromorphs :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:00:43 am by Jacob/Lee »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13