Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!  (Read 43866 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Dorf Space: Version 2.1.1! Now open for suggestions!
« on: May 22, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »

Yeah, you heard me. Dorf Space.

Welcome, miners! This is Aegis VII. The Marker, which many of you worship, is creating Necromorphs. Necromorphs are the reanimated and repurposed corpses of your fellow man, and don’t be surprised if it was a loved one. These things are fast, strong, and organized. EarthGov is present as well, so watch out for them too. You can only kill necromorphs by cutting them apart. Headshots don’t mean shit here, so good luck! You’ll need it.

You can now live out your Dead Space fantasies!
Remember the glorious days of mauling necromorphs? Now combine that with Dwarf Fortress. This is the bastard child you get!

Happy hunting  ;D

DOWNLOAD HERE!
Replace your original RAWs with these ones. Throw the old ones away. If you have both of them at once, you'll have some really fucked up things.

This game is supposed to be played with demons, FB, titan, and night creatures set to zero. Otherwise you'll have flying necromorph cephalopods that shoot fire.

LATEST UPDATE:
I fixed a few bugs, such as being unable to bleach wheat. I also added a secret creature that doesn't spawn normally, if you feel like cheating  ;D

Fixed necromorphs so they will be hostile much more often.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Dorf Space: Coming soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:41:55 am »

Would the entity tag [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] work for preventing the Unitarians from attacking the Necromorphs? Elves have it, it stops animals from attacking them, but i dunno if it'll work for a Megabeast.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:43:37 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 02:15:23 am »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:59:05 pm by BoomClap »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:30:24 am »

Wait.. Dwarf Fortres and dead Spacae.. I'm scared..

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:21 am »

well i am not, based on the game there will be:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

and CRAPPED PANTS FOR THE HORROR GOD!

and CUTTING SPACE-ELVES INTO BITS! WITH STOMPING THEM!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:32 am »

You might want to wait for the necromancy stuff to come out before diving into the meat of this mod. I'd say stick with the guns and the human side of it at first.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:31:49 am »

You might want to wait for the necromancy stuff to come out before diving into the meat of this mod. I'd say stick with the guns and the human side of it at first.
Why wait when you could just use Dfusion to convert the bodies of the dead into necromorphs by make them be a race and I'll code up a command that turns the dead into them.
though the only good use of doing this is for the adventure mode set up of the game where you play a engineer trap on a floating station over run with zombies and living crew members and you have one life to escape the place.(or more if you properly copy and save the file some where) this is a gigaProject and doing so would be sweet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:51 am »

heh, heh. MEAT.

if you played the game, then you KNOW what i am talking about.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:41:46 am »

heh, heh. MEAT.

if you played the game, then you KNOW what i am talking about.
throw in a whiny noble on your back talking about "making us a hole" and I get what what you're saying.
"body swapping and YOU!"

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 08:42:52 am »

I somehow read the title as Space Dorfs. >.>

It's dorfs... BUT IN SPACE

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:45:31 am »

well once we crack the black box that prevents us from building then we could have SPACE FORTRESS 13
"body swapping and YOU!"

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:08:53 am »

The Necromorphs will be their own entity. Necromorphs, believe it or not, are intelligent eusocial (Ant-level loyalty. As in, fight until you tear their limbs off for the leader. Ants do it too.) creatures.

You may see them blindly charging and all, with no regard to safety, but think about it. They come in groups, play dead, and use airvents. If you see a Necromorph that hasn't seen you yet, you may be lucky and see it dragging a corpse to stockpile them.

Anyways, Necromorphs get their own civilization. So [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] won't do anything for the Uni's. All it will do is stop them from killing wildlife, not a hostile Civ.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:08 pm »

The Necromorphs will be their own entity. Necromorphs, believe it or not, are intelligent eusocial (Ant-level loyalty. As in, fight until you tear their limbs off for the leader. Ants do it too.) creatures.

You may see them blindly charging and all, with no regard to safety, but think about it. They come in groups, play dead, and use airvents. If you see a Necromorph that hasn't seen you yet, you may be lucky and see it dragging a corpse to stockpile them.

Anyways, Necromorphs get their own civilization. So [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] won't do anything for the Uni's. All it will do is stop them from killing wildlife, not a hostile Civ.
so they going to produce a civ number and everything okay.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:46 pm »

I'm going to start without corpse conversion. They'll be breeding normally, but instantly growing to maturity.

On a related note, when is the Curse update supposed to come in? I'm quite eager.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »

I imagine how awesome (and fps killer) it may be to have atmosphere the way the fluids work now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13