Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 44775 times)

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #525 on: July 17, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »

I forgo everything but the chest, in which I store my share of the gold, and dried brainstems from the fallen.

EDIT: and of course my share of the gold from the raid.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2011, 03:12:30 am »

Mostly mining equipment, unfortunately. They had a buttload of pickaxes, shovels, and wood planks.

Yes!  That's exactly the sort of thing we need.  If we trundle that back to the tower, we'll have tools for further construction work and digging out a dungeon.

Take my share of gold, suggest any unused equipment be kept in reserve for minions to use.  We also pulled some five live prisoners out of that debacle in the end?  We'd better decide how many we keep alive as slaves and how many you want me to turn into wight guards for the tower.

On the assumption that raiding an ancient temple would be a good idea somehow, would we prefer to raid this mining site or the nearby village first?  Raiding the village first might alert the people at the mining camp or the archaeologists, whereas if we snuck into the camp first we could stand a chance of killing or enslaving any remaining miners and getting hold of the archaeologists' notes on the temple.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2011, 09:30:27 am »

Temple? I'm good with raiding any civilization. Mining camps, villages, you name it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 18, 2011, 02:12:55 pm »

Araph, just wondering, can I ceremorphose one of the prisoners into an illithid cohort?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 18, 2011, 02:52:58 pm »

"Ceremorphose"? I assume that means turning one of them into a mind-flayer?

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the prisoners. You have 5 prisoners from the caravan: a cleric, a fighter, a rogue, and 2 commoners, all of which are level 1.

On the assumption that raiding an ancient temple would be a good idea somehow...

Good, at least one person smelled a plot. Also, the villages are far from the mining camp, and as such don't often have contact with it. Caravans supply the camp with food and other supplies.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 18, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »

I say we send in the caravan as planned, but with us driving. we ambush the shit out of them.
and yes, ceremorphosis is the flayer reproduction cycle. takes about 3 days to fully turn, but they think like a flayer after a few hours.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 18, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »

I say we send in the caravan as planned, but with us driving. we ambush the shit out of them.
Oh hell yes. Choker at the wheel, perhaps? Or is that too obvious?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »

Choker hiding in the supplies maybe?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 21, 2011, 11:55:05 am »

Just to remind everyone, there's a game today in about 2 hours.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 21, 2011, 12:30:54 pm »

I will try to be there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 21, 2011, 01:04:14 pm »

Since people keep asking, I've got to clarify something here: While I would like to play in this campaign, I am unable to connect to the server through hamachi, for whatever reason. As such, I'm not able to play. Sorry.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 21, 2011, 01:17:12 pm »

Will be there, may be there a bit late.  Dinner is about the same time and I need to go over some lines.  Shouldn't be very late, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:27 pm »

Ok, server is going up. And sorry Grek; I didn't realize that Hamachi wasn't working for you.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »

Journal of Va Kinspar:

Week 2: We have encountered a seemingly friendly undead, named Snowflake Jack. He handled himself well in our attack on a caravan, even managing to remain standing after the battle. I am beginning to see why the chokers are tolerated in the underdark, this, Sesthorono, is a rather effective combatant, and has served well to bring me back our foes alive. Ego is nothing but banter, but I trust him nonetheless. If only he would stop tripping up during his attempts to sneak past our antagonists. The others I tend to avoid in the tower, they....Unnerve me. I shall write more soon.

Excerpt: We attacked the dig site. we did not do so well. I remained unharmed yet again, but after a few idiotic mistakes by my newly acquired thralls, their overly suspicious guards attacked us, and nearly killed us all.After subduing all but one of them under my control, we fled the scene. once again an admirable effort, but I'm beginning to see how outmatched we may become. I am losing confidence in my own abilities, and I feel we need to use our only advantage thus far. We must use surprise, or I fear my compatriots may fall to our enemies, and that even an Illithid may not be able to face down these threats. I cannot seem to contact the elder brain for guidance and it surely shows. The others must be watched. My two thralls are to be named thusly:

Primus: An enthralled fighter, who caused us much trouble, and is weak willed, easy to control. he should be kept close to me, to guard my form from those who would harm it.

Secundus: A cleric who nearly killed Jack, and caused us all much strife, his Fire domain makes him...Unpredictable. IO shall watch him closely.

I shall write soon, Elder Brain willing.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:47 pm »

Sorry, I wasn't able to play, didn't go to bed til like 7 am, and even after I woke up I microslept every time I put my head down.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38