Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Orchestral version of the Dwarf Fortress Theme!  (Read 1868 times)

Yacc

• Bay Watcher
  • BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULLTHRONE!
    • View Profile
Re: Orchestral version of the Dwarf Fortress Theme!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:27 am »

Downloadlink coming soon! before i am doing some minor improvements :D
Blood For The Bloodgood! Skulls For The Skullthrone!

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:38 am »

I'm not an expert, but to me it sounds like it would be excellent with some adjustment, some parts felt a bit messy.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Yacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 02:52:29 pm »

I'm not an expert, but to me it sounds like it would be excellent with some adjustment, some parts felt a bit messy.

can you say exactly which seconds? that would be nice :D

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

I'd like to port it into Sibelius Six
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Yacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »

I'd like to port it into Sibelius Six

which file format do you need?

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »

Is there any chance of you uploading the sheets for this? Guitar Pro can make them AFAIK...
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »

Awesome! Must have download link!
Universal "Download Link":

file2hd.com

just copy the youtube URL in there, select "movies" and hit go, then right click on the title link to download. Hmm my directions may not be very good, just follow the instructions :)

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 01:09:46 am »

Hold on, I must consume alcohol before I can listen to this! 'Glug glug glug'

The bass needs to be lowered a wee bit (You Geddy Lee, you). Your notes need to end quicker, especially when he's rolling over the guitar at which point he isn't plucking all of the strings with full strength requiring the notes to rise and fall with this. Also, between 3:18 and 3:37 it's just a horrible mess, a lot of the notes are skipped or replaced by blatantly off notes. You're off pitch on a lot of notes, and I mean a lot, but such is to be expected when relying on computers to do a man's job.

Outside of that, bravo! I did enjoy listening to it and appreciate your appreciation in taking someones artwork to new mediums. A few kinks here and there, but it's the best first try I've ever seen.

Encore! :)
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Yacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 02:26:52 am »

Hold on, I must consume alcohol before I can listen to this! 'Glug glug glug'

The bass needs to be lowered a wee bit (You Geddy Lee, you). Your notes need to end quicker, especially when he's rolling over the guitar at which point he isn't plucking all of the strings with full strength requiring the notes to rise and fall with this. Also, between 3:18 and 3:37 it's just a horrible mess, a lot of the notes are skipped or replaced by blatantly off notes. You're off pitch on a lot of notes, and I mean a lot, but such is to be expected when relying on computers to do a man's job.

Outside of that, bravo! I did enjoy listening to it and appreciate your appreciation in taking someones artwork to new mediums. A few kinks here and there, but it's the best first try I've ever seen.

Encore! :)

thanks for you detailed analysis, i am a e-bass player, and my brother who is e-guitarrist  says im often equalize the bass much too high :D. i will adjust it.  Cause iam just added some  instruments, did octaving, and some chord holds here an there , i am dont wonder that there many points to improve, but i thought before doing too much work, i will post it an look if there ist interest in it.
Pages: 1 [2]