Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GlowPoint  (Read 1391 times)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
GlowPoint
« on: May 28, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »

Well I don't know if this belongs here or not, but this and the RP section are close to the same. Anyways, this is a little something that I wrote within the first little while of my new fort(or Compound as I call it) using IT 000's Corrosion mod. If you haven't checked it out, you should! Move from said board above to here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lights of Symmetry have embarked on their quest to build anew. Descendants of the Furs of Legend, it's a given that they must succeed.
They arrived at their decided destination that would sooner be known as "GlowPoint".

Ember: "Hold up everyone!"
Flicker: "What is it?"
Ember: "Haven't you noticed a pattern yet?"
Flicker: "Pattern..?"
Ember: "Yes! I've noticed a few Star Spider Colonies, as well with Bee hives in the last little while. Not only that but there seems to be a fair
amount of trees around, as well as shrubs, sand, a river, and what appears to be some clay deposits. I think this is what we've been looking for!"
Flicker: "Hmm... Maybe you're right, Ember... Okay everyone! We need to get the ball rolling! Ember, I want you to take a quick scout around and
see if there is any immediate danger and if possible figure out how long it will be before those infected catch up with us."
Ember: "Sir, yes, sir!"
Flicker shakes her head, "Sir..?"
   ~Flickers Diary~

They all set about their tasks. Piras was ordered to dig out an area for farming so that Luminous and I could get working on the crops.
Aura was to cut down some of the surrounding trees so they could later be used to build the fortifications. Candle scurried to set up the Bee Hive
and populate it, Blaze not being able to cook at the moment was forced to haul the wood along with the rest of the idlers.
With direct orders and careful watch, Aura was able to help the others construct the walls in no time and after awhile they did not need supervision
to complete the rest of what was required, allowing Aura to continue his lumbering.

Spring passed and Summer Rolled in. We had finish a large portion of the walls, and were scavenging what we could from the
surrounding area. Lo' and behold some survivors rolled by. Saying they had escaped a crumbling utopia a year back. They were a bit skeptical about
whether or not this hamlet would meet the same fate, but a bit of coaxing and assuring, they decided to stay. Of course. They were not of the same,
not pure as we are. The new comers would be further known as "The Numbered".

The Horde was on us. Luminous had. . . dissapeared. But other than that everyone was okay, a bit damp in their spirits, but okay. Aura took
up the challenge of making some old rudimentary weapons. Crossbows. They'd have to do something. Ember and one of the new comers, who went by the
name of Cantus, headed up onto the walls. It took them a good long while, many bolts, and a whole lot of cursing before one of them had been cut down.
Bone bolts aren't as much good as we all hoped. . . They'll be up there another good long while clearing the infected. Elsewhere we need to get that
windmill to grind our wheats, and the screw press to squeeze our honey, that shouldn't take long. Things aren't looking bad at this moment, I don't
see why other places have had such trouble staying alive. . .

Great! Aura got the windmill built after Piras finally got the foundations and the plans laid out. Chicken shit. . . Scared of a few scrawny
infected that can't even reach her. . . Alas the lack of bolts laying about is making it difficult to dispatch the ones milling about outside the walls.
There is a group of them on the other side of the river which seemed to be killing each other. It was a strange event to watch, but that's a few more
that we don't have to deal with. I'm all for friendly fire if it's happening on the enemy's side. Other than the basics not much is going on, we still
need to finish the bridge, but that'll have to wait until we can clear these bastards out of here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now, I will be adding more if you like it or not xD
I wasn't thinking, and didn't take pictures along those developments. I'll take one of what has currently been done, and if you'd all like to see how it progresses I'd be more than happy to keep taking shots.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:10:06 am by Lolzwheejars »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GlowPoint
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:46:13 pm »

cool. a good start., but needs screens.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's some photos of what is at the moment.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:00 am »

~Step Two~

It was late winter. A Caravan of traders arrived on scene bringing a whole new slew of infected with them. I've never seen any hold weapons
or even spit for that matter! Never the less, Ember and Cantus were quickly off the walls. I wish we had the power to go and get some more resources,
we could set up some basics defenses to keep those spitters from hitting us.

Due to a little accident, the previous spring, we had nothing to plant for the winter. Not that it was much of an issue, we had plenty left
over from the previous seasons. Turnips all around this spring! Hmm... No... By the light! Why didn't I think of it sooner?! If we simply just start
building a little watch tower in the middle we could, in theory, set up a little post there with the proper protection to fire at the infected! All
this clay will be useful after all! Just to turn it into2 some3 bricks4 that5 will6 use7 our8 limited9 charcoal10. . .

Hmm... It seems The Light is shining upon us. Bucca, one of the numbered, seems to know a bit about pottery and clay. It was as simple as
leaving the clay i brick shaped molds and letting them sit in the Light to harden. Of course this way they aren't as strong, but they'll be able to
be used for building. This is good. I wouldn't trust brittle, crumbly earth to stop the advances of the Hordes.

The tower wasn't going to work. Our weapons are too inferior to be good at any range. On a brighter note, there seems to be some more traders
waiting outside. They seem.. A rather hot-head type. They're armed to the teeth with some exotic weapons. Hopefully some that they'll cough up. More
development has gone on with the roof and the fortifications. I'm guessing they should be done by next Autumn, I hope.

Curse of the Unholy! Things are more grave than I have feared. . . It appears that the infected weren't the only ones to have thier eyes on
the compound. We had chained some puppies up by the bridge to keep them out of the way for the time being, Piras finished building and linking the bridge
it was only about a minute total that the bridge was down. Some sneak thieves got in, but were caught by the dogs. Savages, started butchering th poor
things on the spot. Ember and Cantus were there before anyone even knew it. The dogs being enough of a distraction to let Ember get a few shots off and
I can not for love of anything understand why Cantus would have charged them with that silly bone crossbow. Needless to say, she was outmatched. The bastard
had gutted her before she was even able to do anything. Some of the other dogs took care of the other one while Ember was busy bashing in the skull
of that one Swordsman. Afterwards Ember sulked off to somewhere looking demolished. I told her not to get too attached to The Numbered people. Never
the less, we have some spare coffins around. They'll have to be buried inside the compound though, can't take anymore risks.

Ember wasn't sulking. She had attained a rather nasty cut on her arm and was looking quite pale and faint when we found her. It wasn't anything
Aura could patch up though, bless his heart. Ember is looking quite better now, although I can still see in her eyes that she's still being haunted
by what had occurred a few days earlier. We should all treat her to something, maybe a sip of here first strong brew. . . Elsewhere! Piras dug out us
a underground water reservoir. It's been awhile since I've last soaked, and it bound to do me some good. Hopefully no one comes knocking on the flood
gate, but the river is moving quite rapidly here so I don't see much to worry about.

We all gathered around in what would now be our community Crypt. Ember was at my side and as we laid Cantus's body into her coffin, Ember's
face remained hard stricken and unreadable. After the ceremony she went back to practicing her aim and has been relatively quiet since. It seems that
the spirits are restless in these parts... Everyone has been seeing some ghastly figures floating around recently, unfortunately we don't have the means
to take care of that at this moment. We barely had enough supplies to stitch up Ember. At any rate, things must go on and winter is drawing near. We
have plenty in store to last us through it, and we should be able to have something to trade if the need arises again.

That's another! More later! :3

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 12:40:21 pm »

coooooooool
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:25 pm »

coooooooool

Yes. Yes it is. The mod is even better though o.o

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 06:42:36 am »

neat, you can make the tower on the edge of the wall. like so

---0===0
++()+++|              +...floor
---|+X+|              0, =, |..... fortifications
---|+++|              X...up/down stair
---0===0              ()....door
                          -...empty space

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:05 pm »

Well guys... I got a virus the other night, and unfortunately had to take some steps to fix that. Least to say is this wont be continued as I have lost my save file. . . I might return to it some other time. Sorry guys. >.>