Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HALP: making old rulesets work in the new Openxcom  (Read 966 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
HALP: making old rulesets work in the new Openxcom
« on: May 27, 2015, 10:54:53 am »

Openxcom is an open source engine for the famed game X-Com: Ufo defense, which involves grand strategy and tactics in an unique format.

As you might or might not know, they rearranged the file system for the game, so that now rulesets are notably absent, and you're supposed to use a mod folder directly

And therein lies the problem: I used to mod some stuff directly at ruleset level (it took only a few copypastes and I don't switch versions that often, so it did not concern me overmuch.

What I did is add the modifications I wanted to an already existing ruleset affecting the parts I wanted to change.

However, for some reason, Openxcom fails to read my custom ruleset as a mod. It also fails to load alternate weapon tech, another one of my fav. mods.

Any input please?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: HALP: making old rulesets work in the new Openxcom
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:37 am »

You may have more luck on the OpenXCOM forums.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.