Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 55612 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2015, 02:04:42 am »

Please, continue the classic circlejerk, it most definitely helps the devs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 08, 2015, 02:33:01 am »

It's hardly a circlejerk; the attitudes ITT have been split fairly evenly from what I've seen.

And, frankly, it's a damned shame that a game with this much promise has been turned into something so boring. Maybe the dev'll have their shit sorted by the time beta ends, if we're lucky.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2015, 02:35:15 am »

It's hardly a circlejerk[...]
Note here, Reudh. :/
We're just noting the vast differences in Beta from Classic--noting that some features which work, and are efficient in how they are being utilized, do not exist in Beta but exist in Classic.
It would help if you added constructive criticism here (and called us out on if we're missing that area) instead of that label ._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 08, 2015, 02:42:18 am »

Yeah, I'll note that some of what beta has is nice. The grappling hook is fun, and the special arrows are useful, though the latter would almost certainly need to go away if they brought back half-decent arrow ballistics, since it wouldn't be fun or balanced to be able to launch bomb arrows at the old ranges. Stone doors are good. Water is laughably deadly in a way akin to the old massive platform-spike pits and makes for an interesting addition to some maps.

But I honestly think there's a divide in philosophy here. From what I can tell, there are devs and probably players who really like the rapid, knight-only, over-in-five-minutes gameplay. I get that. However that's not what I started playing KAG for, that's not what I paid to support, and that's not what I want to play, and I'm not going to support it just because it's what the current state of the game is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 08, 2015, 05:48:06 am »

It would make sense for special arrows to be restricted to the current ranges regardless of changes to normal arrows, what with bombs being heavy etc.

I don't really play archer much anyway, so I'm not sure how valid that is, but in classic the game really is a battlefield towards the end. There's bomb craters everywhere, dozens of walled-off passages and broken foundations, jury-rigged towers about to collapse, etc. I can feel very useful just staying behind our frontmost tower and doing repairs, building shops or expansions, building some forward outposts, etc.

There isn't much creativity in tower design anymore, either. Just a generic tower with stone doors at the bottom and maybe some backwall. There's no point to building more stuff.

There's lots of neat stuff like the water, but to me the game has lost its charm.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2015, 09:38:55 am »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2015, 01:17:57 am »

Update, mostly bug fixes and mod support;

http://www.thd.vg/post/114485271355/kag-build-1435-community-fixes-and-modding

The rebalance mod is looking very interesting too! (i am helping with testing it, as well as that latest build)

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2015, 05:38:39 pm »

You know, I always enjoyed KAG, but I've pretty much stopped playing. Not for the aforementioned reasons (I really believe they've got a pretty good sense of the game's balance at this point) but rather due to technical limitations: my computer lags towards mid-late game, as more and more tiles are dug and/or placed.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2015, 05:43:08 pm »

ptw
Black lives matter.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2015, 11:08:43 pm »

You know, I always enjoyed KAG, but I've pretty much stopped playing. Not for the aforementioned reasons (I really believe they've got a pretty good sense of the game's balance at this point) but rather due to technical limitations: my computer lags towards mid-late game, as more and more tiles are dug and/or placed.

Same here, for whatever reason my CPU gets very cranky when more than 10 or 15 players are online. I generally only do testing these days.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]