Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 56028 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

This game is soooooooo fun!
It totally is. I wiped out a bunch of people as an archer (like 20 kills just by fast firing), so much that the other team became a whole bunch of archers, as did my team.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried it, played through the first challenge, sequence-broke the second one, then went back through it to somewhere around 2/3ds through, I think, before realizing why I was hating it so much: I hate platformers.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

Even with the archers slower charge time, There still Op. They can just rapid spam arrows and murder your entire team. and getting another heart and can climb trees? just makes it worse.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Even with the archers slower charge time, There still Op. They can just rapid spam arrows and murder your entire team. and getting another heart and can climb trees? just makes it worse.
Yes. It took the other team 10 deaths to figure that out.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile

Having a blast with it. I have an overwhelming urge to buy everything that has ever been posted on TigSource, so I just grabbed a registered copy.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new update is awesome. the 2 things that stand out:
knights can't destroy spikes and stone, so no more knights just tunnelen through your spike pits.
and you now have to purchase bombs from a bomb shop, so there is no more bomb spam.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I really like the limited lives per team rules they've got right now. The only issue is that the games can drag right at the end.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

limited lives reminds me of Star Wars Battlefront II. Might need to go grab this again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:04:42 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow this is just so well timed, just got done watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail and decided to browse the forums finding this! Today has been a good day!

There's actually quotes from that in the game now! I've had Premium for it since Geti made it available. Been playing since RPS posted about it. Love this game so much.

Also, check out where they're going with it;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, with the full version. The regular version, KAG "Classic", is going to be as it is now (except with an improved engine). And if you're on the edge about it, check out the fan made manual. It's better quality than most AAA games ones!

This is basically all I want from an online game. DF satisfies my urge for deep, involving games, KAG satisfies my urge for quick and dirty murderfests.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile

Launching knights on catapults is awesome. Ridiculous suicide bombers... not so much. I'm still learning techniques on how to keep people from doing that. As a builder, after the grace period ends, I'm having trouble finding ways to get enough stone to rebuild defenses. Perhaps sloped roofs could be suggested?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

This game... I finally got into a proper match, and I look up six hours later wondering what happened.

Had one beautiful moment where I had set up a good spikepit as builder, switched to archer, and got close to a dozen bait kills on knights.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

Launching knights on catapults is awesome. Ridiculous suicide bombers... not so much. I'm still learning techniques on how to keep people from doing that. As a builder, after the grace period ends, I'm having trouble finding ways to get enough stone to rebuild defenses. Perhaps sloped roofs could be suggested?
And if you use the new glide thing you can easily make it halfway across the map.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

unholy christ, just spent 3 damn hours turning an hill into an fort and holding it from those pesky cavern attacking blues, it the end the towers were death traps and the enemys were tunneled trough

WHY HAVE I NOT PLAYED THIS BEFORE?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile

Hmm. It keeps booting me, saying "MAP RESETTING". No one else seems to have the problem, or at least they're not very vocal about it. I think it's due to my wireless internet occasionally having bad ping. Is there a good way to... focus (?) my wireless internet, so that I don't run in to this as often?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26