Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - Now on Steam!  (Read 55609 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Launching knights on catapults is awesome. Ridiculous suicide bombers... not so much. I'm still learning techniques on how to keep people from doing that. As a builder, after the grace period ends, I'm having trouble finding ways to get enough stone to rebuild defenses. Perhaps sloped roofs could be suggested?
Can you fire archers? if so DEATH FROM ABOVE!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Launching knights on catapults is awesome. Ridiculous suicide bombers... not so much. I'm still learning techniques on how to keep people from doing that. As a builder, after the grace period ends, I'm having trouble finding ways to get enough stone to rebuild defenses. Perhaps sloped roofs could be suggested?
Archers can climb arrows.

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS EARLIER?!?

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile

Archers can shoot arrows in to walls and climb that, they can climb trees and yes, you can fire archers. I like being launched on to towers and firing arrows from there, but it rarely lasts long. Being launched from a catapult does not exempt you from fall damage!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur's Gold - Like Terraria, with CTF, no physics, and set in fantasy.
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2011, 08:42:58 am »

you mean the fact they climb trees?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King Arthur's Gold - Like Terraria, with CTF, no physics, and set in fantasy.
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:20 am »

you mean the fact they climb trees?
I knew that. I didn't know you could make a ladder of arrows up a tower and climb it.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2011, 12:17:25 am »

Probably time to update the game description. race-to-the-gold isn't really how it's played anymore.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:50:19 pm by TerryDactyl »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:36 am »

Heh. Blues just spent most of the match building a fucking massive tower (16 blocks thick, reaching close to the top of the sky, with a fairly substantial bridge), but didn't bother repairing it much. Ten seconds was all I needed to bring the whole thing down and kill half the players on each team.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »

New premium (paid) content should be out within the week. A lot of the issues raised in previous posts have been addressed in various ways, ie. collapsible buildings, fall damage, capture the flag...

I've gotten a lot of satisfaction out of this game. There's still griefers, but even then, it's not so bad as it was in the early days.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Oh great, now I'm going to start playing this again and get CTS.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2012, 01:35:50 am »

-snip-

Fancy seeing you here, Terry.

I'm sure there's more of us scattered about in here as well.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I really should have put this up a few days ago, but I've been fairly obsessing over the new release.

Build 315 is a big-features release, and marks the arrival of long anticipated zombies, dynamic lighting, and day/night cycles. There's also new workshops, items and improved game physics. Seems like many of the more severe glitches have been fixed, too, though I haven't done any tests to find out.

Spoiler: screencaps (click to show/hide)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Welp, looks like it's time to give this game a try once again after quiting so long ago after they added jumpable arrows and horrible archer controls.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

So, nukes were added, buyable with 1k coins. ya, 1000 coins. I bought one. I used tunnels to get to the other teams castle. the people gaurding me while I was transporting the nuke wre killed. Fortuanetely, I managed to stay hidden, and worked my way into a room right under there base. Now get this, nukes take 120 seconds to explode, And I defended it until then. The aftermath was Complete lol, I managed to make it so the other team just fell to their deaths when they spawned, and we easily won. Best match EVER.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The players that most annoy me are not the enemy, but my own friendly builders. Every round there is someone building structures that block only our team, or a tower that we all have to climb over and that is only 3 titles thick and doesn't delay the enemy either...

Nothing like those guys who make "tunnels" without any security protecting it and starting in our base.

>.>

Should I buy the full version?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I play this too much. The auto-bans are getting a bit silly, though. I wonder if I'm sharing my IP with someone else who plays.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26