Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urist McNorris doesn't really care about anything anymore.  (Read 34730 times)

Legless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McNorris doesn't really care about anything anymore.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 10:41:50 pm »

Oh my god. Another hypothesis.
Erm...
>Her right eye is fractured
>Her left eye is fractured

>She doens't care about anything anymore
Hm...

No vision = no cry?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:00:33 pm by Legless »

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:08 pm »

I don't know.

She was able to continue doing her mason work until she died of an infection.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 02:27:11 pm »

Oh my god. Another hypothesis.
Erm...
>Her right eye is fractured
>Her left eye is fractured

>She doens't care about anything anymore
Hm...

No vision = no cry?
More than likely after being used by a troll for, ehhhh, punching and gouging practice, as severly as she was "practiced" upon... she doesn't care about anything anymore.

I'm not sure I'd care about anything anymore after going through that.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:39 pm »

Maybe there's a trauma counter, with several ways it is raised. 3 of which are (probably) witnessing death, getting hurt, and hurting others. Now I just wonder which raises it faster, hurting others or being hurt?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 12:47:31 am »

The first time I noticed this was with my 60+ kills militia commander. And he is eternally ecstatic because he likes chalk and tables and my fort is bleeding chalk, tables, nice statues, and sublime floor hatches. Some other militia also dont care but they also rarely get below happy.
The only militia members that Ive had tantrums with or had them on fine or lower was with my marksdwarfs, but they are a bunch of assholes so I wouldnt look too much into it.

Killing sentient creatures like goblins, humans, and elves helps but seeing squadmates die at the hands of hostiles helps even more.

Thats another use for useless inmigrants.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2022, 06:47:58 am »

Do you think characters with lowest level of stress vulnerability ("is impervious to the effects of stress") as a personality trait, not caring anymore and with superior willpower can suffer from mental breakdowns and insanity?

I ask about Fortress Mode.

Player controlled adventurers are immune to any stress regardless of personality, willpower or trauma.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2022, 06:00:41 pm »

11 years. That's got to be pretty close to a record on necroing.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 02:18:25 pm »

Do you think characters with lowest level of stress vulnerability ("is impervious to the effects of stress") as a personality trait, not caring anymore and with superior willpower can suffer from mental breakdowns and insanity?

I ask about Fortress Mode.

Player controlled adventurers are immune to any stress regardless of personality, willpower or trauma.

Yes, but only technically; practically speaking you can absolutely get unbreakable psyches. There's other personality traits that will amplify happy thoughts and mitigate unhappy ones even better, but no dwarf is completely immune to unhappy thoughts. However, given that mass-murder of sentients is one of the only good ways to drive a dwarf insane, it'd take a lot of deliberate effort on your part to make said dwarf break down. If we're assuming that the dwarf's stress immunity doesn't come from personality change, then you could get them to reverse good personality traits from things like the sun, rain, nakedness, and the likes, which are what you'd be exposing them to a lot if you wanted them to die of insanity anyways. Forcing them to drink pond water in a high-walled open roof prison (maybe no food if you can ensure reliable vermin catching somehow), perhaps also with occasional underground trips into a miasma and smoke chamber could induce a lot of unhappy thoughts, and barring any long term memories, there shouldn't be any happy thoughts generated as long as you have no zones like taverns or temples in there.

I will also applaud your 11 year necro, very impressive.
Pages: 1 [2]