Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where did he get all that stuff?  (Read 718 times)

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
Where did he get all that stuff?
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:23 am »

So I decide to pack up my minotaur adventurer and leave my starting region for greener, more bandit-infested pastures. The random direction I chose happened to include a fortress, so I decided to bring a few soldiers with me. Enter Lokum Kobemthob, hammerer. He gets a few minor injuries between wild boar, raptor, and kobold attacks, but nothing too serious until I decide to cross a mountain range. Lokum took a nasty tumble off a slope and got his hoof ripped off by a raptor, and loses his grip on his hammer.

I pretty much wrote him off at that point, but he stubbornly continued to follow me. That is, until he spotted a passing cat. After waving a fond farewell, I continued on my way across the mountain range. I retired in an abandoned dark fortress for a while. Afterwards I continued my trek, passing over two more mountain ranges and fighting off dozens of murderous dinosaurs and giant boars. Several weeks later I FINALLY find another settlement. No quests there. So I cross ANOTHER mountain range, and find a human civ that actually has a few jobs for me. After spending the night there, I notice a familiar blinking  '@' sign around the corner. There stood good old Lokum, as beat up as I left him, but decked out in a whole bunch of kobold bone/nail/tooth jewelry. I assume he made them from kobolds that ambushed us during our travels.

Does this sort of thing happen often?

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where did he get all that stuff?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:20:55 am »

retire for a wee bit and check what happened in legends. I MUST KNOW.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:43:33 am »

The only oddity in his Legend is that he has two homes listed. 

Unfortunately my time with him was cut short. Before I even got to the quest location I got from his town, a random dragon raptor managed to get a lucky bite on my arm and I bled to death. Literally the first non-bruise wound I ever received and I bled to death. Nearly 250 kills. Legendary armor user and dodger. That's just plain embarrassing.

EDIT: Actually, on second glance, another weird thing is that he is both respected by and an enemy of a kobold organization. Mostly odd because two thirds of his kills are kobolds.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:46:59 am by Garbles »

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:40:32 am »

Makes sense. Respect/Fear is a thin line. Your game is modded right though? No way this could be a side-affect of a mod? I suppose he could've stolen it from a fortress you had in the area... or maybe general stores.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:58 am »

I never made a fort in this world, and there is a frustrating lack of markets. My civilization is allowed to make trophies of sentients, so technically the jewelry is normal, but I've never heard of people making trophies during game time.