Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best forgotten beast yet.  (Read 1229 times)

SulSeeker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Best forgotten beast yet.
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

So I punched through to the first cavern 3 years ago, and 2 years after that a snake FB came to play. Unfortunately with no arms and legs and the dwarves already walled up the hole they had punched through... he really couldn't do anything aside from sitting there. A minute ago, his friend shows up and.. well... I'll just let you read the description yourself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now... I don't have any military setup, aside from a front door LINED with cage traps. so it's going to be a bit before I can get any dwarves properly trained up on the goblin... er, training dummies. Just wanted to share this guy with you... seen anything weirder? Post them up.

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best forgotten beast yet.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »

I had a Marsh Titan that took a while to kill once. The list of grievances went on for a few more pages.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »

This evening I had a humanoid made of coral with boiling dust. It encountered a group of cavemen of something, spit on them, propelled itself (and the others) against the walls and died. Arms, legs, upper and lower body and head sailing off in an arc. Beautiful.

I'd love to see anything more awesome than a vomit quadruped though xD

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:08:39 pm »

I recently got a giant blob made of snow. A giant, evil snowball.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

Didn't someone brag about a vomit beast like just yesterday?

No offense to anyone, but I hardly find these interesting since the game just cobbles the beasts together from random whatevers, one made of completely normal flesh and bone and looks like a normal person would be just as "rare"

Edit: yep found it, it's even on the front page.....only like 10 threads down.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84394.msg2261522#msg2261522
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:15:50 pm by Acperience »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:14:15 pm »

My Sig.

Elone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:48:09 am »

Fully agreed. The material is just picked randomly. My first title reaction was "Oh, this must be an adamantine FB, we've had a vomit one yesterday."
I would find an adamantine one more interesting because challenging this creature would be epic.
Speaking of which, has anyone battled a FB of high materials, even adamantine?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:49:42 am by Elone »
▼ It's all their fault. ▼

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 03:07:41 am »

Fully agreed. The material is just picked randomly. My first title reaction was "Oh, this must be an adamantine FB, we've had a vomit one yesterday."
I would find an adamantine one more interesting because challenging this creature would be epic.
Speaking of which, has anyone battled a FB of high materials, even adamantine?
There's a thread about a steel cockroach on the first page of General Discussion.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:48 am »

I once got a fire breathing dimetrodon.
It was a mini-dragon, which is why I liked it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 03:56:00 am »

Note on the OP, you probably don't need to train them up. One punch to the vomit and he's dead. Watch out for the poisonous spit though... :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 07:13:28 am »

I miss unidentified liquids.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?