Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Possible to get a Tank?  (Read 15809 times)

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible to get a Tank?
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:10:27 pm »

I was looking at the Liberal Crime Squad Wikia, and I saw this
Armored Tank  - not human, how a Tank appears if recruited
How would you recruit a tank?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to get a Tank?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 12:15:24 pm »

For the moment, I don't think you can. I sent out a squad of fighters to raid the Millitary Base recently, and they ended up getting caught early on enough that the four or so surviving members encountered an M1 Abrams Tank just before reaching the Armory. Their shots registered as hitting the treads and such, but I don't think it did anything. The tank fired 120MM shells each turn, which always hit a squad member and always killed them instantly. You used to be able to use psych attacks on the tanks to turn them into allies, but I don't think that works anymore, nor do swords.

So run screaming for your life if you see one. (That said, a way to take over a tank would be a nice addition to the game.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:25:44 pm »

You used to be able to recruit tanks by first converting them with guitars. I don't think it works anymore.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:51 pm »

Even if you can convert tanks with a guitar, you can't recruit them because the game won't let you talk to them:

:) "Do you want to hear something disturbing?
*The tank rumbles disinterestedly.*
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »

Even if you can convert tanks with a guitar, you can't recruit them because the game won't let you talk to them:

:) "Do you want to hear something disturbing?
*The tank rumbles disinterestedly.*
But you get a simmilar message for animals. Perhaps if you had an absurd level of Heart...
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »

I checked the source, here's the results for recruiting tanks...

* You can talk to them about issues, but they always rumble disinterestedly
* If you drop a pickup line, the tank'll shake its turret to deny (funny fact: in some cultures shaking one's turret means 'yes'!)

Seems like you can't recruit tanks. However, as I said, heart at 20 allows you to have dogs.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 01:08:30 am »

So... in this game, an Abrams tank has an AI an is autonomously controlled? And the AI is smart enough to be politically inclined? Coolios!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 01:13:09 am »

I remember, in a previous version, taking a tank out on a date once. It was kind of weird.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 01:23:32 am »

So... in this game, an Abrams tank has an AI an is autonomously controlled? And the AI is smart enough to be politically inclined? Coolios!
I remember, in a previous version, taking a tank out on a date once. It was kind of weird.
Conclusion:

AI Rights
C+: AIs are enslaved to organic sapiants, and are routinely abused and deleted without consequence.
C: AIs have little to no legal protection, and are restrained to prevent growth.
M: AIs are equal under law, but still occasionally face restraining programs and organic-only facilites.
L: AIs have equal rights in both name and process, but a measure of stigma and disrespect still exists.
L+: AIs have equal rights to organics, and the use of restraint programs against them is prohibited in all cases.

priority one suggestion quick jonathan drop everything and code it naow gogogogogo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:26:33 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 01:27:53 am »

Well, from a technical viewpoint, the tank is a single creature, not a vehicle or other such container. So yes, it is autonomous, in a way.

High intelligence + computer skill Liberals could do some EBIN HAX and get those tanks to participate in the revolution, if they weren't horribly overpowered.

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 02:21:48 pm »

So, as of now, it is not possible to recruit a tank; thanks for the help.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:30 pm »

Unless you can kidnap it somehow, but I'm fairly sure you can't.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 02:31:11 pm »

Unless you can kidnap it somehow, but I'm fairly sure you can't.
As far as I can tell they cannot be hurt at all, but I only ever have a maximum of six turns to test that in.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 03:10:37 pm »

Has anyone tried Molotovs? They worked IRL on some tanks.

Goldsaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 03:17:18 pm »

Has anyone tried Molotovs? They worked IRL on some tanks.
I'll try Molotovs and flamethrowers. Will post again with success or failure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8