Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Possible to get a Tank?  (Read 15837 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to get a Tank?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 06:26:17 am »

Strife, would you get into trouble if you told us how to steal a M1 Abrams? :p
Anyway, I think we all agree the way to get a tank would be to find an empty one in the army base. But the problem is that no one got anti-tank weapons. Should we had RPGs into the game? (Very powerful, but high chance of FF?)

Maybe. Probably not, but I've been trying to work on not revealing all the plans I have for wildly irresponsible and illegal stuff. Bad habit I've got.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 06:36:42 am »

Kay12, we got the flamer already. The idea is to have powerful weapons, but that you wouldn't want to use except if you really need them. Like if you're facing a tank.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 06:41:47 am »

I don't have the flamer. The firemen do. And the flamer is redeemable in that it causes friendly damage only slowly. But in any case, the bomb stuff is real. They will cause serious damage (to non-targets) if made of bad materials and no skill, though.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:47:12 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 02:12:52 pm »

I think the flamer and molotov weapons should be fixed anyway, by not causing damage until the tile is REALLY on fire, instead of immediately risking damage at the lowest level of fire, as I believe they currently do. Risking damage almost immediately is just too impractical.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 02:22:51 pm »

Agreed.

Suggestion: Flamethrowers and molotov cocktails could hit several Conservatives (or Liberals) at once. The damage would range from minor burns to rather serious, but a single sample of inferno wouldn't usually even disable the enemies. The fire itself shouldn't start damaging people in the tile immediately, but it should count as immense damage to the site and Conservatives should try putting it out somehow (unless it's your safehouse). Bunker gear could be buffed to be even slightly unrealistic, like blocking all damage from being in a burning room and greatly reducing the damage from flamethrower and molotov sprays. Finally, the flamethrower should be available somewhere apart from just the firemen.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:47:33 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 03:15:58 am »

I like all those suggestions.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 03:24:23 am »

I'll put them to my queue then :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »

I should state that the heat produced by the Flamethrower is instantly dangerous... It isn't a fire gun so to speak :P

Plus it is rather difficult to impossible to still function properly while on fire.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2011, 05:53:20 pm »

The flamethrower and molotov both directly attack enemies, inflicting immediate damage. The molotov is guaranteed to set the tile on fire, the flamethrower has a chance of it. The secondary effect of setting the tile on fire is what makes them so impractical, since they immediately begin damaging you as well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

Which make sense as Flamethrower arent desing for use in building's corridor.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »

It makes sense that they torch the building, but if you have to evacuate the tile one turn after firing or get caught in the inferno, that's too disruptive for gameplay, and isn't realistic either -- after all, you're not firing the flamethrower at yourself! Giving you a few rounds of combat before the fire overtakes the tile completely and forces you to get out would be a tangible improvement to the fire mechanics.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:56 am »

LCS "rooms" (a single tile) are fairly large, I suppose. Large enough to sneak past enemies without getting seen, yet small enough for melee Liberals to have a swing at enemies without getting shot while at it. In any case, they aren't cramped spaces made out of cardboard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 01:30:13 am »

The flamethrower and molotov both directly attack enemies, inflicting immediate damage. The molotov is guaranteed to set the tile on fire, the flamethrower has a chance of it. The secondary effect of setting the tile on fire is what makes them so impractical, since they immediately begin damaging you as well.

Ohh, I thought you were complaining that the flame weapons shouldn't be capable of doing immediate damage from their dirrect fire because "They hurt with fire" or something along those lines.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 02:47:08 am »

Ohh, I thought you were complaining that the flame weapons shouldn't be capable of doing immediate damage from their dirrect fire because "They hurt with fire" or something along those lines.

Looking back at what I wrote, I imagine I would have thought the same thing if I didn't already know what I meant. :P

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 03:06:17 am »

Flamethrowers are, by the way, possibly the most gruesome way to die in LCS. Almost on par with the C+ executions (being forced to be a CEO's pleasure toy doesn't sound too pleasing). The stench of charred flesh and the screams of the dying should perhaps attract more "shock value" than regular homicides?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8