Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Kobold Appreciation Conference  (Read 84792 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Kobold Appreciation Conference
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:58:46 pm »

We all love Kobolds.  None of us know why.  It may be their adorable shape, or their adorable little bark noises, maybe the adorable eggs.  Either way, Kobolds are rather adorable.

I'll start:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your turn!  Share a story, picture, screenshot, or other love for the little cavelings.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:03:31 pm by Girlinhat »

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Appreciate Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:03:09 pm »

[PREFSTRING: large daggers]
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:06:07 pm »

I can't think of anything that would make a good picture at the moment. Hmm....

Necro likes Kobolds for their heads.

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »

Holy shit, they look so cute.
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

I love how they always all starve out within the first 4 years of a world!
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:21 pm »

I currently have a world where I started a fortress at year 50.  I was quite pleased to learn that this world still has living kobold civilizations.  It's nice to see the little guys not starve to death all the time.

Admittedly, the only way I knew this was by finding a mangled kobold corpse in at the bottom of a drop trap.  Poor guy must have been standing next to a goblin ambush.  But still, it's nice to know some of the little guys survived.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:40 pm »

Oh, gosh, kobolds. I love them to bits (no, not literally). Whenever they ambush my adventurer I take away their toys and run away. I also gave them [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] to make sure they'd survive worldgen. I'll probably have to build a watch tower above the entrance to make sure they don't accidentally go into the fortress and get killed.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

ExdeathV

• Bay Watcher
  • God damn boogeymen. Can't you just let me sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 09:19:37 pm »

I like kobolds because they make my job a little bit easier. They take out those useless sacks of crap nobles so I don't have to waste time making a bunch of unfortunate accidents. Oh Jeelmis. I will forever be grateful for your service until you triggered the disc trap hallway. Your flesh made my animals happy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:06 pm »

I like them because they come take away my trash.  Want to get rid of a dozen troll leather loincloths from a recent ambush?  Toss them outside, the kobolds will take them away!  They're happy for the little flaps of leather!

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:39:36 pm »

I like them because they come take away my trash.  Want to get rid of a dozen troll leather loincloths from a recent ambush?  Toss them outside, the kobolds will take them away!  They're happy for the little flaps of leather!
Wait really? Because I have tons of goblinite outside the walls and they keep running into the guards at the gates. I haven't seen "Thief has taken Troll leather jacket" either.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 01:05:22 am »

Yeah I get my trash cleaned but its the macaques, they also keep swiping masterwork bolts.  I think kobolds go for things in stockpiles. 

The little buggers are ever so cute though.  I do miss them in my current world :(  Unfortunately they never made it past about year 40 when the last camp met a dragon.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 01:10:22 am »

I like them because this:

Kobold 1 [2][3]
Koblod 2 [2][3]
Illuminated Kobold Test Piece [2]
"Big Things" [2][3]

All pieces are entirely ceramic (except, of course, for LED parts for IKTP), with iron oxide stains. The color is a little off in these photos, Kobold 2 should be more ruddy.
Big Things' shell is colored with Cobalt and patterned off my assumption that Kobold eggs are at least partially leathery.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:12:47 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 01:15:14 am »

Yay, cutebolds!

I love how determined they are to grow beyond their dismal lives.  Not even full standing armies can stop them from trying to steal from my forts!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 01:19:18 am »

Everywhere seems to have reptilian Kobolds. Bah, to me Kobolds will always be bipedal horned dogs, as encountered in Baldur's Gate...

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 01:21:21 am »

My favourite thing about Cutebolds is how fun it is to tear out their guts!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23