Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Kobold Appreciation Conference  (Read 84781 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Appreciate Conference
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2011, 07:35:19 pm »

I think you might be looking for a less brutal game, like Dead Space or God of War. If murdering parents infront of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress.

You should be drowning babies by now, human.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:59 pm »

If murdering parents infront of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress.

Sigd.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lost_Deep

• Bay Watcher
  • Do deep things think the sun is a large lemon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2011, 07:58:49 pm »

Chances are, giving kobolds a omnivorous diet would help their population immensely. That and more boldlings.
Mark up another thing I want to change in the mod that I want to make...

...being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Can I sig this?
...being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
...but what does [LAYER_LINKED] actually do?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2011, 08:33:20 pm »

I always encourage a good sigging.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 08:44:43 pm »

I think you might be looking for a less brutal game, like Dead Space or God of War. If murdering parents infront of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress.

I think you misunderstood me - I only mean novelized stuff usually. In this game I can slaughter over 9000 kittens without batting an eyelash.
Like most of us. :P
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:45 pm »

I think you misunderstood me - I only mean novelized stuff usually. In this game I can slaughter over 9000 kittens without batting an eyelash.
Like most of us. :P
So you can watch all this happen and laugh in their faces, but you cannot hear it? That doesn't make any sense.

Congratulations, you passed the dorf test.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2011, 09:13:05 pm »

images make cutekobold look like they reproduce though nasal secrections or have noses wired to genitals like ferengi ears are.
Don't see any goblins unless you mean this http://gi341.photobucket.com/groups/o378/REKXMANLNW/124640499164jpg10001405.jpg?t=1307097158
the short/no snout female versions remind be of cutedaemonettes I saw someplace.

Personally still think http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrealms/images/5/5c/4e_kobolds.jpg is more accurate version of proper Kobalds.

Even if Kobalds are as weak as cutebolds are be nice to see them last longer than 4 years.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »

Spoiler: Kobold and Goblin (click to show/hide)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »

Spoiler: Kobold and Goblin (click to show/hide)

cutegoblin?
Someone else create a cutegoblin thread, I have a flooded volcano to deal with
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2011, 10:13:32 pm »

cutegoblin?
The term is "Dawwblin".
Soaplent green is goblins!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »

If you want your tame kobolds and mermaids to breed just remove their egglaying tag. Requires regen?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »

cutegoblin?
The term is "Dawwblin".
I don't think "dawwblin" fits the established cutebold/goblin relatioship. "Molestblin" is more like it.
If you want your tame kobolds and mermaids to breed just remove their egglaying tag. Requires regen?
I don't think changing creature raws requires a regen, though some people say it does. Try it.

By the way, anybody remember Deekin from Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2? Could very well be the first cutebold known to more than 20 people.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:01:35 am by kotekzot »
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »

I liked most this picture where player allowed kobold to steal...
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2011, 02:43:53 pm »

But this one is my favorite :

It pretty much explains where are kobolds situated on the scale of respect, aka between "unwanted trash remover" and "no better than vermin". And the elf's and dwarf's "oh god why must trash sit at our table ?" expression is priceless.
The Kobold is the only one wearing a tie.

It cracks me up every time.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:58 pm »

I don't get it.
I can depict kobolds as cutebolds.
But why do people depict goblins as those weird looking things?
To me they were always hunchbacked green elves.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23