Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to become a Wizard: Year 1-Day 0-Turn 7: Our Dorm Manager is a Brownie  (Read 11157 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

Oh, god... Giant ladybugs? Because that would be awesome.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, god... Giant ladybugs? Because that would be awesome.

Hmmm ... Not yet that would involve a serious meltdown in the diplomatic process. The Ladybugs would have the status ' Destroy at all cost ' instead of at war for that to happen.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

And now we wait. 
I am planning some quite soon regarding an invasion, and some specific bugs that got angry earlier.

So.  The reptilians will be invading.  I am unsurprised.  I always knew they were com...wait, bugs?  Oh.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran does not speak, only stare confused at the female who just recently hugged him awkwardly, and gently pushes her away.
[1] As you go to push her away she slaps you, and calls you a pervert. ( Bruised - 1 to any actions involving hand eye cordination for one turn ( Sarah now Dislikes you ))

Leo sat at his desk and looked around. Gee, there's a lot of girls in this class, he thought, noticing one fall into Adrian's lap. Another one was hugging a boy a row in front of him, although he didn't seem too happy about it. I wonder what's wrong? Leonard wanted to ask! ...but class was about to start and the both of them would get into trouble from the teacher if they were talking when it did. That was no way to make friends with somebody.
[Auto success] You wait until the teacher arrives, and he does after one of the other kids gets slapped that is.

Ochita just looks around, and decides to take a seat that is kinda close to the front, and which also leaves him with space.
[3] You go to find a seat, but the only one left is all the way back beside Adrian, and Leo atleast it still has quite a bit of space.

Raistlin happily ignores everyone else and just waits for the teacher
[Auto Success] You wait for the teacher to arrive, and he does.

Um...you missed my action.

"My name is Adrian." He smiles slightly. "Nice to meet you." He follows everyone else to the classroom. "So. Just a few quick questions: What's your favourite color? Your Birthday? Sorry, I like to know a bit about the people I meet. You don't have to answer if you don't want..."
"You want too much information from me.  You're with THEM, aren't you?"

Assuming Gregory is actually in the classroom, he waits for the teacher.
[Auto Success] You wait for the teacher to arrive, and he does.

"Are you okay?" Adrian smiles slightly at the girl who fell into his lap, and helps her stand up if she needs it.
[4] She says " Yay i'm fine well it looks like the teachers here talk later. " and walks back to her desk sitting down.

Quote from: Cindy
et to class " Oh crap I am going to be late ! '
[3] You make it just in time, and take a seat with the rest of the girls.

Quote from: Sarah
Smack Tarran, adn go sit down
[4] You smack Tarran, and go sit down just as the teacher walks in.

Quote from: Clark
Wait.
[Auto Success] You wait.

Quote from: Kate
Wait, and hold your foot in pain.
[2] You try to hold your foot, and relieve the pain, but end up knocking your desk over, and almost tripping the teacher.

Quote from: Primm
get up, adn sit down at your desk.
[4] You get up, and tell Adrian you are fine then return to your desk.

Quote from: Adam
Sit down, adn wait for the teacher to sit on the thumbtack
[4] Return to your seat, adn wait for the teacher to sit on the thumbtack, but he notices it, adn throws it away,

Quote from: Mr. Salamander
Walk in to the class, call roll, and hand out their first assignment.
[Auto Success] You Call roll then hand each student a piece of paper. You then walk to the board, and write some stuff on it.

Code: [Select]
Hello, class I am Mr. Salamander, adn I will be teaching you the basics of elemental magic. Since I can not talk this blackbaord will be used
for me to write out what I wish to say.

Now, our first lesson will be a test I want to see if you can cast any of the Five spells listed on that sheet of paper. You may begin now.

But refrain from casting the last spell for now that is part of a ceremony we will be taking part in tommorow.

The paper reads -
(Fire)Flare - Focus your energy on the tip of your wand, and say ignite. This is used to ligh dark places.
(Air)Shield - Imagine a shield in your mind the clearer it is the more powerful form it will take on around you. Used to protect yourself from unfriendly spells
(Earth)Ball - Focus all you energy at the tip of your wand, adn will the earth to form a ball within that sphere of mana. Used to attack an enemy.
(Water)Rinse - Just point at something, adn will it to become clean. Used to clean clothes, adn other items such as cars.

Do not Cast yet.
Summon - Imagine a portal appearing before you, and ask it to bring you a friend, and an ally in your own words. Used to summon a creature to be by your side, and protect you.

Spoiler: Raistlin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leonard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gregory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Adrian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:49:59 pm by adwarf »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

-1 to ALL ROLLS FOR TWO TURNS? :|

Tarran stares at the girl who slapped him with a face that says "what's her problem?" before picking up his wand and aiming it into the air, boredly saying "Ignite".
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Realize that salamanders are amphibians (not reptiles) while casting Ball.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep tarran she bruised your brain with that smack.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously? Seriously? A girl the same age as me who is likely as weak as me or even weaker bruises my brain so bad even the simplest action like walking a few inches harder?

::)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To harsh ?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Lol, posting to watch. If you ever need someone to play a Villain adwarf, I'd be more than willing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, posting to watch. If you ever need someone to play a Villain adwarf, I'd be more than willing.

Once we reach that point I will let you have the villian role.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Ochita focused on the spell rinse, and his robes. He gently speaks out a small incantation.
"Spirit of water that I call, purify this object, and cleanse it of the filth, show the purity of water!"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To harsh ?
Yes. For a number of reasons:

This is the second turn.
You use a 1d6 die with what seems to be no bonuses. And you give me a -1 penalty for 2 turns. It's a severe penalty since my chance to fail went from 1/3 to 1/2 and my chance for a critical fail went from 1/6 to 1/3 for two turns. Use penalties sparingly in an RTD with no stat bonuses!
It's just silly to bruise my brain with a freaking slap UNLESS you actually rolled some combat rolls or something like that and she rolled really good while I rolled really horrible. I see no combat rolls of any kind.
And a -1 penalty to EVERY ACTION makes very little sense. I could understand if you gave me -1 to interacting, and a -1 to mentally intensive actions, but a -1 to everything is just stupid.

I was expecting this to be a semi-serious RTD where a player character will last. Not one where the lifespan of an average player is measured in a few turns. :-\
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:42:16 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

*nods in agreement*

Leo read the paper a few times, then picked up his wand. "Um... Aero!" he said, trying to cast Shield.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8