Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sieges and megabeasts too often?  (Read 1136 times)

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sieges and megabeasts too often?
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:24:40 am »

So this is my second major fort i have been working on and i have had to deal with a giant siege or megabeast every season since I had 80 dwarves.
I could barley manage the first siege i had just enough traps and my first mega beast happened to be a faceless blob of snow with wings that got kicked in the face by my Yak, but now every season since then its been getting harder and more difficult to deal with them.
If I was to turn invaders off, can I get sieges later if i turn it back on?
Or could I make it so I do not get invaders till about 150-200 dwarves?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges and megabeasts too often?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:40:03 am »

-yes
-I think so, but it doesn't really matter because the answer to your first question is yes :)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges and megabeasts too often?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:36 pm »

So this is my second major fort i have been working on and i have had to deal with a giant siege or megabeast every season since I had 80 dwarves.
I could barley manage the first siege i had just enough traps and my first mega beast happened to be a faceless blob of snow with wings that got kicked in the face by my Yak, but now every season since then its been getting harder and more difficult to deal with them.
If I was to turn invaders off, can I get sieges later if i turn it back on?
Or could I make it so I do not get invaders till about 150-200 dwarves?

you can always hole up and wait for the sieges to leave.  little harder to get rid of the MBs, but still doable.

just wondering, did your fortress worth suddenly spike, say, by mining adamantium or crafting gold, etc?

mining a single tile of bluemetal spiked my value so much that i was under constant attack (and constant migration) for damn near ten years.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time