Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Magic/Blacksmith/Train in Adventure mode, Embark as Goblin/Human in Fortress, et  (Read 24467 times)

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BattleCraft 4.8

UPDATE: 4.8 fixes the error that causes the user to create crossbows made of materials based on their string instead of wooden ones.

UPDATE: 4.7 fixes the error with metal arrow creation.

UPDATE: Version 4.6 fixes create whip/scourge command.

UPDATE: Version 4.5 now includes magic (use a wooden wand to conjure magic missiles that can be thrown at enemies or groups of enemies for an area of attack that melts foes).  Also includes some Genesis equipment (horned/winged helmets, tower shield) and some more original equipment (rapier, katana, excalibur/masamune).  Added command to light arrows on fire before shooting them. Adjusted gun stats.

UPDATE: version 4.0 now includes a few error fixes as well as a TON of new coat of arms commands. Now you can create a tabard (a cloth that goes over your armor). Then, you can sew your own sigil or family crest and attach it to your tabard. Adds some other small items like eye-patch, blindfold, and headband.

This mod allows adventurers to do a lot of wanderer-esque things like forage, skin kills, decorate items, and sew pieces of equipment.  However, it also permits a form of field blacksmithing by adventurers.  With BattleCraft, players can break and re-forge pieces of equipment in adventure mode.

BattleCraft also adds training commands for the player to improve his/her skills more easily.

BattleCraft includes a few objects ie. weapons/armor that I felt like using.  Some (like the rifle, pistols, and bullets) are taken from Corrosion if I remember correctly.  Some, come from Genesis (helmets/shield).  Others, like the plate armor, chain hood, and various swords etc. are original to this mod.  Most of the commands have only been tested in arena so please let me know if you find any errors or problems.

Finally, 4.5 also includes a mini-mod I call DarkTower/Colony.  This enables the player to embark as goblins or humans in fortress mode.  (It also enables several adventurer races and I think I added some tags to keep kobolds alive if I remember correctly).

instructions: copy enclosed files into raw/objects folder.  Generate new world.  Sally forth.

a la cart instructions:

If you only want the BattleCraft Adventure mod, then copy only the files with BattleCraft in the name (reaction_battlecraft, inorganic_battlecraft, and item_battlecraft.)

If you want to enable goblin/human embarks with DarkTower/Colony or want to add more controllable races to adventure mode, then copy the other ones too (creature_standard and entity_default too)

Note, to determine which race you are embarking as, just TAB key while on the embark map screen until you see the list of neighbors.  The top race = what you are.

download

Press x to use the following commands.  DO NOT LOSE YOUR LARGE COPPER DAGGER.  YOU NEED IT FOR THESE REACTIONS.

BATTLECRAFT FEATURES
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Credits:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:57:27 pm by Agon MD »
Love,

Dr. Agon

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BattleCraft 1.0 -Adventure Mode Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

Updated 1st post.  If you have any questions, comments, criticisms, or see any errors please let me know! Thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:46:59 pm by Agon MD »
Love,

Dr. Agon

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
Re: BattleCraft 1.0 -Adventure Mode Mod- (172 NEW ACTIONS!)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:06:53 am »

Can't try out any of the reactions seeing as my adventurer didn't come with a large dagger.  Will change reactions to use craftable carving knife from wanderer mod.

This looks interesting though.  I always like to have more things to craft in adv. mode.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51:56 am »

Hey bravo. Looks pretty cool. I think I'll go with the same fix that Chromesphere's using though.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 02:06:21 pm »

reaction for making a GUARD actually will make a POMMEL instead.  Simple fix.  Otherwise, I'm having fun with this mod.

I don't find any point to the pinhead doll, especially because it isn't made of any matterial thus can't do damage by throwing it at anything.  Unless there's a reference there that I don't get... maybe to Hellraiser?

The guns aren't for me, but that's just because I like pre-gunpowder period.

I like making the different parts to a weapon.  I look forward to when Toady someday adds the ability to have multiple parts to a weapon etc. and I can have my "Diamond pommelled, Basilisk scale handled, Elephant Ivory hilted, Sungold sword".  hehe.

Over-all, this is a fine mod, I like it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:23:16 pm by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blacksmith/Train in Adventure Mode (172 NEW ACTIONS!)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »

Thanks for checking it out guys and for telling me about the pommel/guard error! I'll upload a corrected file.

The pinhead doll was just something fun I did to humor myself.  I think of hellraiser every time I see a puzzlebox.  The summoner-type commands were just kind of an experiment.  I'm still thinking about making some sort of kobold puppy launcher with those commands.  I deleted a lot of the goofy stuff though like meat helmets but I have been seriously considering shields made out of meat.  I just don't know anymore.

I think the next version will be a little more vanilla with less lightsaber and weirdness.  done! current version is a little more true to the original df.

ps. sorry about the large daggers.  I thought everyone started with one  :o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:09:32 pm by Agon MD »
Love,

Dr. Agon

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

updated 1st post.  version 3.0 is now available.  It fixes some errors, adds a LOT of family crest commands, and some minor pieces of equipment like eye patches and headbands.
Love,

Dr. Agon

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

man scrolling through all of that might be a pain.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm, good point.  Spoilered!
Love,

Dr. Agon

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very nice.  I'll have to start an adventurer and see how the crests look and feel.  Excellent idea!!!

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

added some new stuff to the version I was using so I decided to share!
Love,

Dr. Agon

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

The "Make Whip" and "Smith Scourge" commands seem to make a random weapon.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Do the Goblin/humans now have nobles and other such FMC requirements?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know about the errors! I fixed the whip command.  The scourge command looked ok but I rewrote it just in case.  Both should work now.  The goblin/human embarks should work same as dwarf, have nobles, etc. unless I made a mistake somewhere.
Love,

Dr. Agon

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know about the errors! I fixed the whip command.  The scourge command looked ok but I rewrote it just in case.  Both should work now.  The goblin/human embarks should work same as dwarf, have nobles, etc. unless I made a mistake somewhere.
Derp! The problem seems to have been mod incompatibility not a problem on your end. Your coding was fine but , Genesis removes the Whip, Scourge, and Large Dagger from the game so when I said "Make Whip" Dwarf Fortress looked at me like I was an idiot and gave me a shiny new weapon so I would go away.

Pages: [1] 2 3