Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's wrong?  (Read 2541 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
What's wrong?
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:00:08 pm »

Something is wrong with the Necromorphs.
Spoiler: ERRORLOG (click to show/hide)
It's saying that the tissues cannot be found (That I listed in the raw), and that the hive mind has a slasher body.

EDIT: Here is the file for the Necromorph.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the Body_default stuff:
Here's the tissue_template_default stuff

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:28:38 pm »

EDIT: Here is the b_detail_plan_default stuff. I ran outta room in the OP  ::)

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:38:12 pm »

It's a bit hard to tell what the issue is without seeing your files. The errorlog tells us there are two main problems:

1) You used LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT somewhere it shouldn't be as a Material Template.

The tag should look something like this: [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]

You probably did something like [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:NAIL] but that's just a guess without seeing the file.

2) Lots of tissue problems. Hard to diagnose without the file but it's not even recognizing BLADE etc at all. Did you add these tissues to the creature in a body detail plan?

Also, I'd use muscle tissue as meat. Seems to make the most sense.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:53:02 pm »

It's a bit hard to tell what the issue is without seeing your files. The errorlog tells us there are two main problems:

1) You used LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT somewhere it shouldn't be as a Material Template.

The tag should look something like this: [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]

You probably did something like [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:NAIL] but that's just a guess without seeing the file.

2) Lots of tissue problems. Hard to diagnose without the file but it's not even recognizing BLADE etc at all. Did you add these tissues to the creature in a body detail plan?

Also, I'd use muscle tissue as meat. Seems to make the most sense.
I'll add the file to the OP.

Also, what would the exact tokens be for meat?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »

I don't understand what you're asking.

The muscle material has the tokens [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:MEAT:NONE] and [MEAT_NAME:NONE:meat:meat] - this means when a tissue made of muscle material is butchered it gives a meat item/items, and that meat is called "meat".

"Meat" is an item type, not a material type.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »

I don't understand what you're asking.

The muscle material has the tokens [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:MEAT:NONE] and [MEAT_NAME:NONE:meat:meat] - this means when a tissue made of muscle material is butchered it gives a meat item/items, and that meat is called "meat".

"Meat" is an item type, not a material type.
I tried MUSCLE_TEMPLATE and it didn't work.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:17:24 pm »

The first error is due to this line:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLADEBONE]
You're saying "I want a material called claw, and the material template file for it is.... LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLADEBONE" Unfortunately that isn't a material template file so the game is getting confused. Change it to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:BLADEBONE_TEMPLATE] or whatever the material template file is for your bladebone material.

Looking into the second issue now.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:19:37 pm »

I tried MUSCLE_TEMPLATE and it didn't work.

I think it would help if you explain what you're trying to do, because right now I'm confused! Are you trying to get them to be butchered into meat or are you trying to do something else entirely?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 06:20:18 pm »

The first error is due to this line:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLADEBONE]
You're saying "I want a material called claw, and the material template file for it is.... LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLADEBONE" Unfortunately that isn't a material template file so the game is getting confused. Change it to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:BLADEBONE_TEMPLATE] or whatever the material template file is for your bladebone material.

Looking into the second issue now.
BLADEBONE is locally defined. The slasher blades are made from it, so I don't know why the Hive Mind is throwing a tantrum...

EDIT: The meat thing is for Meat Blocks. Necromorphs get Meat Blocks  :P

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:33:36 pm »

BLADEBONE is locally defined. The slasher blades are made from it, so I don't know why the Hive Mind is throwing a tantrum...

It's throwing a tantrum because [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] takes a material TEMPLATE, not just a material, as an argument. You can't just put in a material, you need to put in a material template. You'll either need to make a BLADEBONE material template or call the tissue up some other way.

Since MEAT is an itemtype and not a material type, I think the best solution would be for you to create a meat material yourself. You have a few options -
1) An inorganic meat. You'd then call it with the material type INORGANIC:CUSTOM_MEAT or whatever you want to call it.

2) A creature meat. Add your CUSTOM_MEAT item to a creature - could be any creature, even one that doesn't show up in the world. Let's say you create a dummy creature named GROCERY. You'd then
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CUSTOM_MEAT:CUSTOM_MEAT_TEMPLATE]
  [PREFIX:NONE] - this way it would just be called "meat" not "grocery meat"
And then your block would be BLOCK:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GROCERY:CUSTOM_MEAT

3) A plant meat. Works the same as creature meat.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:17 pm »

It's throwing a tantrum because [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] takes a material TEMPLATE, not just a material, as an argument. You can't just put in a material, you need to put in a material template. You'll either need to make a BLADEBONE material template or call the tissue up some other way.

Since MEAT is an itemtype and not a material type, I think the best solution would be for you to create a meat material yourself. You have a few options -
1) An inorganic meat. You'd then call it with the material type INORGANIC:CUSTOM_MEAT or whatever you want to call it.

2) A creature meat. Add your CUSTOM_MEAT item to a creature - could be any creature, even one that doesn't show up in the world. Let's say you create a dummy creature named GROCERY. You'd then
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CUSTOM_MEAT:CUSTOM_MEAT_TEMPLATE]
  [PREFIX:NONE] - this way it would just be called "meat" not "grocery meat"
And then your block would be BLOCK:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GROCERY:CUSTOM_MEAT

3) A plant meat. Works the same as creature meat.
I'll use muscle_template then. I thought I didn't have to use INORGANIC:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE....

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »

You can't call a material template as a material.

You're making these blocks in a workshop, right?

The product can't be BLOCK:NONE:INORGANIC:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE

INORGANIC means it looks in the files that start with inorganic_* to find the material - MUSCLE_TEMPLATE is not in the inorganic files. You will need to create a new inorganic (though you can copy the properties of MUSCLE_TEMPLATE) for that to work.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

I am now using the Necromorph's tissues because I'm tired of glitch after bug after error. So when you meatblock a human's corpse, you get necromorph meatblocks. Meh.

Now onto the main issue, what the hell is happening with the necromorph tissues?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 07:01:02 pm »

If you want to attach the other files that your creature relies on, I'll load them up and try fiddling with them. Without seeing the new body parts and tissue definitions I'm drawing a blank. Looks like that would be the body file containing the extra stuff in:
[BODY:DEFORMED:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:HUMANOID_JOINTS:NECK:SKULL:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:BLADES]

The body detail plan with:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ALTERED_TISSUES]

The material templates for any new materials.

The tissue templates for any new tissues.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 07:02:27 pm »

If you want to attach the other files that your creature relies on, I'll load them up and try fiddling with them. Without seeing the new body parts and tissue definitions I'm drawing a blank. Looks like that would be the body file containing the extra stuff in:
[BODY:DEFORMED:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:HUMANOID_JOINTS:NECK:SKULL:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:BLADES]

The body detail plan with:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ALTERED_TISSUES]

The material templates for any new materials.

The tissue templates for any new tissues.
Ok. I'll put them in the OP as well.
Pages: [1] 2