Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Rusty (Livestream)  (Read 33 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Let's Play Rusty (Livestream)
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:18:09 pm »

In a medieval European village, the evil vampire Count Dracula Monte Carlo has been kidnapping women and terrorizing the countryside.  Wearing leather and armed with a whip, the vampire hunter Richter Belmont Rusty fights through various undead monsters and confronts the Count.

Rusty is an obscure, commercially released game for the PC-98 computer system in Japan in 1993.  It has a lot of uncanny similarities with Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.  What's especially interesting is that Rusty was released a few months before Rondo, so it may have been a game that Konami was working on, and then scrapped and sold to the developers, a company called C-Lab.

I plan on doing a livestream of Rusty on October 25 at 2pm, at my Twitch channel here.  It's going to be my first stream, so there may be technical problems early on and I might need to move the time around for personal reasons.  Also I don't currently have a working microphone.  I haven't played beyond the first level, so there should be a lot of hilarious deaths.  The game also has a great soundtrack so be sure to stop on by.