Ladies and gentlemen, it is time once again to host the Bay12 Halfway Haus of Madness. With the sudden surge of interest in Sims LPs, I've been told numerous times that I should revive mine. So, I am. There's a catch, though: it won't be updated super-frequently, as I don't have a lot of time to myself. I'll do my best to keep up with it, but I make no promises.
Since I want the Haus to be relatable, I've invited a few very well known B12ers to be my first invitees. The crew so far is:
2: Possibly reserved
6: Barbarossa TSG
So, I have one open spot, and I'm willing to make a waitlist and/or a be-a-background-character list. Certain things will get you priority in the list. If you're a prominent Bay12er, it will help your cause. Also, if you increase the Haus' diversity. (Having a scrawny white dude only sausagefest is no fun.) If you want to join, here's what I need: (Note: I have all of the expansion packs, so you can pick pretty much anything.)
- A picture or physical description. (The photo share counts, just link me.)
- Five traits. If you pick one or more that leans toward insanity, that will increase your priority for entry into the Haus.
- A Lifetime Wish. Please note that some of these are extremely difficult to finish, and may require mitigating circumstances to do so. I may have to employ the mercy rule, like in kids' baseball. Example: The Cat Herder requires you to befriend 15 cats. That will take forever, so I may have to call it after just knowing 15 cats. Furthermore, some will be impossible1. Please don't pick them.
- Favorites: Color, Food, and Music. These aren't terribly important, but eating your favorite food always nets you a good moodlet and hearing your favorite music does the same. I haven't found color to be useful.
- Your Zodiac sign. It's actually a little bit useful.
- Pick a "default action". This is for when I get to update and you haven't told me what you want to do. I'll just have you do this.
- Finally, pick one Skill[/skill] to start higher than zero. Mine is Martial Arts, but you can pick any of the non-hidden skills. For example: I have a feeling that Vector and Japa would choose Logic, where Barbarossa TSG would choose athletic.
FAQ:So, how does this work?
I'll be playing one sim day at a time, trying to keep the inhabitants of the Halfway Haus from killing themselves, me, and the other residents. Each player gets one action per Sim day, and the rest is up to their virtual counterpart. Other than their one action, I will not be controlling them directly.Will you keep track of our individual money?
I'll do my best, but no promises.Can you win?
Absolutely, and here's how. A) You fulfill your lifetime wish. B) You make the top of any Career path. C) You master your starting skill and any two others, or hit any three skill challenges. D) You have a long history of good behaviour and show mental stability on all fronts. Fulfill any of those goals, and you win the game, move out, and let the next poor slob take your spot. You're ready to be out on your own.What restrictions are on us?
A) You cannot leave the Haus alone. I have to be with you, and I can't leave the rest of the Haus residents alone, either. That means you all have to agree to go somewhere, or we don't go. No international travel at all.
B) You cannot be employed full time. You're in a
halfway haus, after all. You may take a part time job if you desire.
C) No pets or overly dangerous things.How do we lift those restrictions?
Restrictions a and b are pretty simple to lift. To lift restriction a, you need a Writ of Good Behaviour from me. It can be revoked at any time, so if you really want to go shopping or to the club, you need to be on your best behaviour all the time. To lift b and work full time, get a part time job and get promoted twice. That will show me that you can handle working without incident. It will also probably get you your own room. Restriction C cannot be lifted. Sorry, pet lovers.Why a Halfway Haus of Madness?
Have you seen
Bay12 lately? We're a bunch of whackjobs. Face it, we all need to be in an asylum.What happens if I die or something?
Next person up. Your tombstone goes in the back yard (we're licensed for that), and someone else takes your spot. Tragic, but it happens sometimes.What happens if I'm a background character?
I don't control you at all, you get no actions, and you don't live at the Halfway Haus. That said, the players can still interact with you if you show up, and I'll remove someone from the world for you to take their spot. That said, if you don't want to be in a waitlist and don't mind cameo roles, this is for you.What neighborhood are we in?
Aurora Skies.I'm not sure if I want to sign up, and I need more information.Take a peek here.Is this a Vanilla game of the Sims?
Oh, hell no. I have well over two dozen mods and hundreds of extra items and clothing pieces that I play with.Which Lifetime Wishes are unobtainable and why?1Need to add people/Pets to the Haus
: Mosnter Maker, More than a Machine, Surrounded by Family, The Animal Rescuer, The Ark Builder, The Fairy Tale Finder, The Jockey, The ZoologistRequire travel
: Great Explorer, High Tech Collector, Made the Most of My Time, Major Master, Martial Arts Master(?), Perfect Student, Seasoned TravelerRequire you to be Supernatural
: Greener Gardens, Leader of the Pack, Magic Makeover, Mystic Healer, Turn the Town, Zombie MasterBuggy in general
: Fashion Phenomenon, Firefighter Super Hero, Home Design Hotshot, Paranormal Profiteer, Pervasive Private Eye Wrong neighborhood
(Needs to be Isla Paradisio, we're not there):Deep Sea Diver, Grand Explorer, Resort Empire, Seaside Savior
I know that's a lot, but the way we're going to be playing is somewhat restricted.