Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Fifteen: More NationGen [Game Ended]  (Read 26438 times)

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round Fifteen: More NationGen [Game Ended]
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2015, 07:51:44 pm »

Lissikos survived to the end of the game because I'm bad at ponymans. I stormed your capital something like 3 times and was repulsed with heavy losses each time, even when the AI was down to basically one mage and some worthless chaff. It was embarrassing. For what it's worth, I couldn't figure out how the AI could beat me with a bunch of X1Y1Z1 mages either (outside the one battle where it murdered its own gem reserves to spam water elementals, which was both astonishingly effective and hilariously spiteful and short-sighted; it seemed like exactly something a player would do).

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2015, 07:54:40 pm »

A brief timeline of the futile sieges of Lissikos:

Turn 24: Elvish scouts probe defenses for the first time.
Turn 25: The defenders of Lissikos repulse the first elvish attack. 48 elvish troops die.
Turn 27: The defenders kill a cloud-trapezing invader, only to be overrun by the follow-up invasion. 10 elvish troops die and the first siege commences.
Turn 28: The god of Lissikos is widely held to have abandoned the faithful, but the walls still hold.
Turn 32: The walls are breached for the first time.
Turn 33: Overcome by hubris, Not Actually A Vanjarl seeks to storm the Invincible Castle alone. He kills a mere 12 defenders before being cut down.
Turn 34: Overcome by rage, the remainder of the sieging army seeks to avenge their fallen comrade. 111 of their troops pay for their folly. The first siege is lifted.
Turn 35: The defenders kill a cloud-trapezing invader, only to be bested by two returning commanders from the first siege. The second siege commences.
Turn 36: The skittish and superstitious armies laying siege to Lissikos flee at the first sign of a sortie from within the Castle. The second siege is lifted.
Turn 37: The commanders return and cut down the meager garrison outside the gates. The third siege commences.
Turn 38: The commanders pay for their folly. Of the four setting up a siege camp, only one survives. The third siege is lifted.
Turn 39: Not An Oiorpata, being made of bolder stuff, cuts down the re-populated garrison. The fourth siege commences.
Turn 40: Not An Oiorpata pays for his folly. Of the four commanders setting up a siege camp, only the survivor of the third siege, Hjalmgunnar, survives. The fourth siege is lifted.
Turn 41: Gere, wondering what the big deal about this place, cuts down the meager garrison outside the gates. The fifth siege commences, even as the proclamation of a new prophet within the walls shows that Lissikos has not wavered in their faith.
Turn 42: In order to lure in more elvish troops, the defenders feign a losing sortie, though they can't entirely restrain themselves and kill 38 troops.
Turn 43: Another vain sortie further bouys the elves' gradually-returning self-confidence. Showing more restraint, no elvish troops perish. The walls are breached for a second time.
Turn 44: Not An Ettin goes to his grim, lonely fate within the walls of the Invincible Castle.
Turn 45: Fools rush in where elves fear to tread. The 9 commanders escape, but all 170 of their troops perish. The fifth siege is lifted.
Turn 47: Hulvid defeats a modest garrison. The sixth siege commences.
Turn 49: Elvish morale is bolstered when they lose a mere half of their sieging commanders to a playful Lissikosian sortie.
Turn 51: History ends, but trends showed a gradual enlightenment on the part of the elves, as they appeared to be shifting to a policy of containment in lieu of incursion. Still, there is little doubt that once the Lissikosians realized they could no longer lure elves into the walls, they'd cease playing with their food and drown the world in endless waves of green scales marching beneath the terrible parme banner.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2015, 08:08:41 pm »

That was an awesome read - thank you so much.

I have tears in my eyes, both from laughter, and the fact that I know, deep in my heart, that I probably wouldn't have done as well defending my own capital.  :o :P
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]