Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48

Author Topic: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED  (Read 314056 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part XII: Pants on the Ground
« Reply #285 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »

Are you sure it's not V for peace sign?

The V sign

An insult – largely restricted to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland, and the United Kingdom,[1] it means "Fuck off".
........wut

@Furturka, I was just joking....but thanks for telling me what it was actually based on. :D
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 08, 2011, 05:28:37 pm »

But only if you point the palm towards yourself. Often used by Frenchmen afaik.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2011, 10:32:24 pm »

Does Victini even count as being one you receive in Castelia?  It comes from its own special island, not within the city itself.  The city is just the only access point to the island, since you have to take a boat there.

But you can only make that boat available if you got the wi-fi event for Victini, which gave you the Liberty Pass.  That event's been over for a while, so I don't think Victini will be available for this run anyway.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »

Yep.
It's FEF, not FEOF

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:24 am »

This is an awesome lets play, anything involving the pokemon *speaking* has been hilarious. I LOVE pokemon, these games being my second favourite series ever. And I loved pokemon Black. 

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2011, 10:40:06 am »

Really fun LP to watch, although some of the dialogue you're plucking from the game, heck, most of the premise of this game, makes my soul hurt. What happened to the days where things made... okay, still didn't make sense, but were at least almost reasonable? And do Team Plasma really alternate between going "PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASMA!!" and quoting Sun Tzu? Really? >.>

I'm disillusioned with pokemon for the most part these days, though I liked Red back in the day. My favorite is still probably Colosseum, just because you WERE'NT a 10-year-old kid destined to save the world. You were an ex-criminal. It was kind of "edgy" in its own way. Besides, Miror B. was hilarious. xD

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2011, 12:49:44 pm »

Really fun LP to watch, although some of the dialogue you're plucking from the game, heck, most of the premise of this game, makes my soul hurt. What happened to the days where things made... okay, still didn't make sense, but were at least almost reasonable? And do Team Plasma really alternate between going "PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASMA!!" and quoting Sun Tzu? Really? >.>

You might wish to notice that the people screaming are the generic mooks, while the intelligent ones with the quotes are the people higher up on the chain of command. And what exactly do you mean by reasonable?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:47:43 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2011, 01:46:55 pm »

Miror B. was awesome, indeed.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 12, 2011, 04:09:33 pm »

You might wish to notice that the people screaming are the generic mooks, while the intelligent ones with the quotes are the people higher up on the chain of command. And what exactly do you mean by reasonable?

I guess by reasonable I mean the enemy faction's goals. Team Rocket actually made sense, even if they were dumb as bricks. They were evil in the greedy sort of way. I missed out on Second Gen but by Gen 3, you had Team Aqua wanting to flood the entire world for... some reason that I forget. And Team Magma, I dunno since I didn't have Ruby, I imagine they wanted to throw the world into a drought. And now you have Team Plasma... wanting to liberate pokemon? That are actually perfectly happy where they are, mostly? I guess it's a step up from destroying the world without realizing it would make your life suck too, but seriously. Things are kinda ridiculous now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2011, 04:11:06 pm »

Gen 2 still had Team Rocket. They were much more intelligent, but still incompetent at Pokemon.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »

I guess by reasonable I mean the enemy faction's goals. Team Rocket actually made sense, even if they were dumb as bricks. They were evil in the greedy sort of way. I missed out on Second Gen but by Gen 3, you had Team Aqua wanting to flood the entire world for... some reason that I forget. And Team Magma, I dunno since I didn't have Ruby, I imagine they wanted to throw the world into a drought. And now you have Team Plasma... wanting to liberate pokemon? That are actually perfectly happy where they are, mostly? I guess it's a step up from destroying the world without realizing it would make your life suck too, but seriously. Things are kinda ridiculous now.

Stick around till the end.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:21:20 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:10 pm »

Miror B. was awesome, indeed.

Affirmative.

Also: Aqua wanted to flood the world because something to do with life being dependent on the sea. Magma wanted to have a drought to reduce the sea to create more living space, which makes no sense as 80%+ of the landmass in Gen III was uninhabited.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2011, 07:12:54 pm »

Stick around till the end.
So I got kind of overhyped with people telling me to stick around until the end and wasn't terribly impressed. Well, that's a lie I was thoroughly impressed, but not really how I thought I would be.

So... that was supposed to dehype you but I think I just made it worse instead.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2011, 07:13:45 pm »

8)

Though I don't really understand the concept of overhyped. That's probably because it's never happened to me for some reason. I have no idea why. It's like I'm like incapable of getting ticked off at a game like a lot of people do. I guess it's cause my first real exposure to the online fandom was transformers, and so I was really affected by all the complaining people do over there. Also I'm just really cheerful and have some idealistic views when it comes to topics like these.

And that is why I have a deep seated hatred for nostalgia  :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:20:52 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 12, 2011, 10:40:21 pm »

And that is why I have a deep seated hatred for nostalgia
Haters aren't what they used to be....
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 48