Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED  (Read 314062 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED
« Reply #705 on: February 14, 2015, 12:44:35 pm »

Hooray!
Soooooo are you gonna do Black2 now? :P
I notice the :P but I'm still +1ing that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 14, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »

And there it is. The dick move I was talking about. Suddenly, *wham*, a Reshiram (or Zekrom) in your party! Since you (unlike every other trainer in the game) probably had a six-mon party before even tackling the first gym, (like a sensible person) you''re highly unlikely to have showed up to that match with an empty slot.

So the game tosses one of your pokemon back into storage to make room for the dragon, and sticks said dragon right in your first slot with no warning. There's a lot of ways that can screw a player over (IIRC, it ejected my main way of taking down Hydreigon, and I wasn't lucky enough to have it miss with Focus Blast like yours did...) and is generally in bad taste anyway, considering the whole "and here's the team that you raised to take you all the way to the top, recorded for posterity" thing the Hall of Fame is all about.

That said, congratulations on pulling off a spectacular comeback! Pulling together the dregs of a Nuzlocke run at the last minute and taking out the N/Ghetsis double team (which I recall being surprisingly brutal when I wasn't Nuzlockeing) is impressive as heck!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 14, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »

It's not without warning. I remember it asking you if you want to use it, and to choose which pokemon to replace.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:53 pm »

It's Back! and its over!. awesome.

Now you have to do a new one.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 16, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »

Urkel for MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon)!
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 17, 2015, 01:40:17 am »

My favorite Let's Play by far. It was a good read. Didn't think you would make it after the dragon disaster.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 17, 2015, 09:50:06 am »

Hurray.

Onward to the next game?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 17, 2015, 06:42:42 pm »

Urkel for MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon)!

No joke. Urkel turned out to be my best mon by far, especially for what the Elite Four turned out to use. Dark/Fighting is a really efficient type combination. If I didn't have him, it's quite likely I'd have lost some mons even with the level advantage.

It's not without warning. I remember it asking you if you want to use it, and to choose which pokemon to replace.

It does indeed. I wound up benching Minipete since I didn't really need the electricity and Himmler had the Flying covered.

My favorite Let's Play by far. It was a good read. Didn't think you would make it after the dragon disaster.

Heck, I didn't think I'd make it past Lenora. I'm no Nuzlocke expert, I really did not expect to wind up doing a full run! I regret overgrinding at the end though, I cheated myself a bit.

Hooray!

This was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work, so I wouldn't hold your breath :P

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #713 on: February 18, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »

Better late than never, thanks for the good read Monk! :)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 19, 2015, 03:59:17 pm »

oooh wow. Holy shit, this finished?

Applause to you, m8. If we had a PWYB hall of fame, there'd be you and the guys who finished those X-COM games way back when. Congrats, it's been a hell of a ride.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:41 pm »

This is amazing and I'm glad to have read all this.
Beautiful work, monk! :))

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2015, 07:21:27 pm »

I'm crazy late on mentioning this, but I just noticed that N's dialogue, the way you wrote it with randomly italicized words, is reminiscent of how the guy who made Timecube underlines completely random words everywhere.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »

It's finished! And awesome!
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 19, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »

Hooray!

This was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work, so I wouldn't hold your breath :P

Just finished rereading this for the 3rd time, and I'd like to Nth the suggestion of doing Black2.   It was a lot of work, but we really appreciated it!
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:05 pm »

Hooray!

Just finished rereading this for the 3rd time, and I'd like to Nth the suggestion of doing Black2.   It was a lot of work, but we really appreciated it!
+1!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]