Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED  (Read 316882 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part IX Nacrene City
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

What exactly is this vs seeker?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2011, 10:40:45 pm »

In gens 3 and 4, there was a Key Item called the Vs. Seeker which you had to run around in circles for a bit to charge, and when it was charged and you used it, any trainers you had already beaten in sight will have a ! pop above their heads, and you can talk to them to challenge them again.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:57 am »

In gens 3 and 4, there was a Key Item called the Vs. Seeker which you had to run around in circles for a bit to charge, and when it was charged and you used it, any trainers you had already beaten in sight will have a ! pop above their heads, and you can talk to them to challenge them again.

Really? I've never seen a Vs. Seeker in Emerald, nor has it been mentioned in the ruby/saphire guide book I sometimes leaf through.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2011, 12:30:04 am »

It's definitely in fire red (and whichever version of Touhoumon I've been playing off and on), if that counts for anything. Faq thing suggests fire red and leaf green as what th'thing's in. Terribly useful for getting cash, if you need it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2011, 11:38:42 am »

It's definitely in fire red (and whichever version of Touhoumon I've been playing off and on), if that counts for anything. Faq thing suggests fire red and leaf green as what th'thing's in. Terribly useful for getting cash, if you need it.

Oddly enough, insufficient cash has never been a serious problem for me in Pokemon, past the first town anyway. Well, up 'till this coming update, anyway.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2011, 01:43:43 pm »

Oh yeah, I was rolling in cash in Black/White. Had enough to buy 99 Full potions, and max ethers and STILL had enough cash left over to probably afford a hueg-ass castle.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2011, 03:10:59 pm »

On;y time cash has been a problem for me in pokemon was soul silver.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:11 am »

The only time cash is ever a problem for me is if I want to mass-purchase TMs from the game corner or something like that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2011, 05:30:55 pm »

So, I tried doing a Nuzlocke of Sapphire. I regretted it swiftly. I commend you, good sir, on not ragequitting like I did, and on providing a thoroughly enjoyable story. Secret love for the Secret Agent.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

So, I tried doing a Nuzlocke of Sapphire. I regretted it swiftly. I commend you, good sir, on not ragequitting like I did, and on providing a thoroughly enjoyable story. Secret love for the Secret Agent.
Ruby/Sapphire are annoying, because you lose two routes (valuable, valuable, routes!).

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 07, 2011, 09:23:29 pm »

How so? The early game was actually sort of easy, since there were at least six distinct routes before the first gym, so I had a full roster at-level and a backup in storage. After that, I started getting pissed. Makuhita are so damn annoying to fight because they will critical exactly when it will hurt you the most.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2011, 11:46:43 pm »

How so? The early game was actually sort of easy, since there were at least six distinct routes before the first gym, so I had a full roster at-level and a backup in storage. After that, I started getting pissed. Makuhita are so damn annoying to fight because they will critical exactly when it will hurt you the most.

So this thread got me to do a Nuzlocke on Ruby. First wild pokemon of the first route after Oldale? Zigzagoon. Okay, but the second? A motherfucking Ralts. Rargh.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2011, 01:39:08 am »

Ralts is a good pokemon to have. The sword-guy evolution is really cool, but even if you don't get that, you still have a decent early game psychic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2011, 02:34:46 am »

Ralts is a good pokemon to have. The sword-guy evolution is really cool, but even if you don't get that, you still have a decent early game psychic.

I don't know he/she even makes a good late game psychic.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2011, 08:36:33 am »

I don't know he/she even makes a good late game psychic.
Gardevoir's awesome. Sure, it might be slightly weaker in competitive play than Alakazam, but that only really makes a difference if you are trying to raise the best pokemon possible for competition. Gallade on the other hand, while awesome, are even less competitive if I remember correctly. The main choosing characteristic at least for me, is the sex of the pokemon. If the ralts is female, gardevoir route, if the ralts is male, gallade route (because, let's be honest, a male gardevoir feels kind weird)
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48