Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED  (Read 314612 times)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part XVI: Puttin' on the Ritz
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »

Fine you contest-goers, SOME people like the contests.  (seriously though, you guys are the first ones I've ever seen who DO like the contests o.o)
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »

I like the musicals. I found them to be fun, I'm a bit of a sucker for collecting things.

What in the ever screaming fuck are the creators thinking.  NO ONE likes fucking pokemon contests.  NO ONE.

Please be more careful when speaking in absolutes

I was pretty much like this guy:

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=041111

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:34 pm »

I like contests It just depends how bored i'm am.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:23 am »

OH LORD! Not the contests, anything but the contests!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part XVII: Hail to the King
« Reply #409 on: November 08, 2011, 02:50:48 pm »

hey, look who's not dead!

PART XVII: Hail to the King

After healing my Pokemon from the rigors of the road (and that Playhouse) I set to exploring Nimbasa City in a much more organized fashion. There are two sides to Nimbasa City- the Amusement Park, and the other side. I've already seen the Theater, so I decide to wrap up the other side first. On to the stadium!

No, not this Stadium

Or rather, stadiums plural. Big Stadium and Small Court are places where real world sports are played by the people bored of Pokemon deathmatches. American Football, Soccer, Tennis, and Baseball are all played here- not Rugby though, it's too violent. On the day I happen to visit, I end up battling an American Football Linebacker at Big Stadium and a Tennis player at Small Court- although I get a brief scare from the Linebacker, the buildings themselves are otherwise uninteresting. Disappointing, but hey, there's still plenty to do in this town! On to Gear Station!

No, not this Gear Station

Gear Station is where the Battle Subway is, which is similar to the Battle Tower I failed to do much with in Gen II. Basically, you pick a small team of Pokemon whose levels are artificially set to 50, and then fight a series of consecutive battles. If you win, you get shinies- if you lose, you get kicked out. Because the concept of the Battle Subway is strange on its own, let alone in a Nuzlocke run, and because you don't get any XP for the fights, I decide to just eschew the whole thing on this run. Another disappointment, but still, there's always random looting! On to the houses of commoners!

No, not the House of Commons. Wait, I did this joke before
  YOU!
  Gah! What are YOU doing here? Wasn't killing Cletus enough?
  STOP CRYING! EXPERIENCE FEELING LIKE A POWERFUL MAN! TAKE THIS!*
  ...you have an HM? Strength? And you're giving it to me? WHY?
  STOP ASKING QUESTIONS! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! *throw*

Although slightly bruised, I am much richer for it. Strength is a fairly powerful normal type move, which makes it useful in battle even at higher levels. When used out of battle, Pokemon can move large boulders with it- as I recall, there were some back at the Dreamyard, so the next time I get bored I'll take a mosey over there. For now, the looting spree continues!

If I were to compare Cottonee to something, it would be the SUN!*
  How do you figure?
  Well, uh, they're both round! And happy!
  The Sun is happy?
  THE SUN IS ALWAYS HAPPY! IT'S INSPIRED ME TO GIVE YOU THIS!*
  A Sunstone? But I don't have a Cottonee! In fact, I don't have ANYTHING that can use this!
  THE SUN DEMANDS YOU ACCEPT AND BE HAPPY! DO NOT ANGER THE SUN, FOOLISH MORTAL!
  oooookay, then. I'll just be going now.

As you may have gathered, the Sunstone isn't terribly exciting- it can evolve a handful of grass-type Pokemon, none of which are in my party and, since I've already passed a forest where Cottonee's were to be found, I doubt I'll find them someplace else. In any event, I've now exhausted the possibilities for amusement on this half of the city, so I decide to explore the Amusement Park before checking out the surrounding routes.

Like this, but with a cockfighting theme
  You're looking for Team Plasma, right?*
  Oh crap plot, freaking forgot Plasma ran here... I MEAN, yeah, I'm totally looking for Team Plasma.
  They're not here. Let's ride the Ferris Wheel and see if we can spot them.*
  But if we're stuck on a Ferris Wheel, we won't be able to chase them!
  I love Ferris Wheels. The circular motion... the mechanics... They're like collections of elegant formulas.*
  See, conversations like this are why I'd rather not ride a Ferris Wheel with you.
  Just get in so we can get on with the cutscene.
  Alright, alright... *peers outside* This isn't going to work, I can't pick out Team Plasma's stupid costume in this sea of stupid costumes.
  WHERE ARE THE RESTROOOOOOOOOOMS!
  SHIT how did I forget it's WINTER!
  Hey kids, who wants some caaaaaaandy?
  ...Pikachu isn't even native to this continent.
  First, I must tell you I am the King of Team Plasma.*
  ...I'm sorry, what?
  Ghetsis asked me to work with him to save Pokemon. I wonder how many Pokemon exist in this world...*
  WAIT waitwaitwait. Hold up. King. Team Plasma. You?
  Yes.
  That... but... this makes no sense!
  Yes.
  ARGH! Wait, why is the Ferris Wheel stopping? It only went around once!
  This is the worst Ferris Wheel in the world.
  THIS IS THE ONLY FERRIS WHEEL IN THE WORLD!
  Fortunately, one revolution is more than enough for my compatriots to make their escape.
  My lord N!*
  You're safe, sire!*
  You really need to increase your hiring standards, N.
  There's no problem. You're part of the people we brought in to help us save the Pokemon. So, you're under my protection as well. Go, quickly, and let my battle cover your retreat.*
  Yes, lord N!
  N, I know you're new to this whole "King" thing, but faceless minions are there to protect YOUR escape, not the other way around.
  Now then, Monk, do you follow my logic?*
  What logic? We rode a Ferris Wheel! You haven't actually argued for anything!
  So that's how it is... that's unfortunate. Ah. Then... the future I envision... Perhaps I can't beat you here and now, but I'll battle you anyway to buy time for these members of Team Plasma to flee.*
  [For the King!]
  [No.]
  [For Pokemon Liberation!]
  [NO.]
  [For Aslan!]
  [NO.]
  Your Pokemon look happy.*
  [...]
  What, the best you can do is a flaming jelly bean? What's next on the derp brigade?
  *AIR CUTTER* *CRITICAL HIT!*
  [OH MEW MY HIT POINTS.]
  Jumping Jigglypuffs! Switch out!
  [Cut THIS!]
  *PSYBEAM*
  [...OW]
  Sweet Mew- alright, I'm PRETTY SURE you can survive another hit like that, Heinrich. Smack'm!
  [PRETTY sure?]
  Less yak more smack!
  *AIR CUTTER* *CRITICAL HIT!*
  Gotta love dem high crit ratios!
  That's not your normal accent.
  You don't get to talk to me about normal accents. Also, I murdered your whatever that was while we were talking.
  [Hooray formulaic combat!]
  You're quite strong. But I have a future that I must change. And, for that future... I'll defeat the Champion and become unbeatable, unlike any other!*
  So what, you're gonna be the very best, like no one ever was? To catch them is your quest, to train them is your cause?
  I'll make all Trainers free their Pokemon!*
  You seem to have a very loose grasp of our legal system- that is very much not in the power of the Champion to do.
  Just try and stop me! If you want to be together with Pokemon, your only hope is to collect the Badges from each area and head for the Pokemon League! Try and stop me, if you dare!*
  I... that's a very odd thing to say- shouldn't you be discouraging pursuit?
  If your conviction is not strong enough, you will never be able to defeat me.*
  ...sweet Mew, you WANT me to stop you! Who put you up to this!?! Was it Unovan Idol? Where are the cameras!?! I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T ENGAGED IN DEATH SPORTS LATELY, I'VE BEEN BUSY PLAYING DRES- um, SPORTS. MANLY MANLY SPORTS.
  I'll just be going now.
  Wait! What's to prevent me from stopping you here and now while your Pokemon are all fainted?
  Look! A Kanto Pokemon!
  WHERE! IS IT A NIDORAN!?! I SAW IT FIRST IT'S MINE! ...he ran away, didn't he. Dammit.

The Amusement Park doesn't appear to have any other points of interest (other than the Gym,) and Mew knows Gustave isn't leveled enough to take on that challenge. No, first I'll need to explore the other side routes, maybe fill out my Pokemon, and of course, loot the hell out of everything. Pointless side-trips ho!

NEXT TIME: Field Trip
Suggestions, Comments, Criticism welcome as always.

Spoiler: Routes Visited (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »

So I found out that there's a Pokémon named Jellicent in this game. It's notable for one thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 08, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

I feel that the way N is acting is more out of a sense of honor than a lack of common sense.

So I found out that there's a Pokémon named Jellicent in this game. It's notable for one thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They also eat souls!  :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:33:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:11 pm »

The Pokemon universe must not have much of a population in heaven/hell/whatever afterlife given the number of Pokemon that EAT SOULS.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 08, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »

Clearly, only people who can play the best song in the world don't have their souls eaten.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

Or those who are fortunate enough to run into a Dusknoir
It's FEF, not FEOF

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:24 pm »

The Pokemon universe must not have much of a population in heaven/hell/whatever afterlife given the number of Pokemon that EAT SOULS.

Not to mention the Pokemon that are souls.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 08, 2011, 10:23:22 pm »

Those guys reproductive proccesses are as creepy as heck when you look at their evolution's abilities and behavior  ._.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 08, 2011, 10:30:52 pm »

Awesome as always Monk...good lord, what have I missed with the Plasma clusterfuck.  I really need to get a new DS and steamroll this game.

Also:  If you get a ghost type pokemon, you MUST name it after one of the ghostbusters.  Or their pet slime thing ghost (god I suck at references)
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »

Slimer.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48