Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48

Author Topic: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! RUN COMPLETED  (Read 314614 times)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part XVIII: Gotta Catch'm All!
« Reply #435 on: November 14, 2011, 01:56:27 pm »

Okay, this generation is BEST generation.

Seriously, gothic lolita pokemon, a GHOST OF A HUMAN BEING WHO WAS TEDDY ROOSEVELT, and not just a random ruin but a fucking CASTLE.

God damn, I need to get this thing.

Also:  Gothia's evolutions get even MORE unsettling, Monk.  Be warned.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:06 pm »

I refer to the Nuzlocke Forums of which Pettyartist is a member- there's some other good runs there, too.
oooooooo yay

There now I've entertained you for a week or two, I don't have to update for another month :P
Oh no!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 14, 2011, 08:10:36 pm »

A witch you say!
We must weigh her with a psyduck!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 14, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »

She's 178.8lbs. Psyduck is 43.2lbs. I'm not kidding, that's her actual canonical weight.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:59:33 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 14, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »

She's 178.8lbs43.2. Psyduck is 43.2lbs
She weighs the same as the psyduck! That means she floats! She's a Witch! BURN HER!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 19, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »

Good lord, how did I miss this gem until now?

Spent my free time for the last couple of days reading this from the beginning, and am now posting to watch.  :P
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:50 am »

Getting a real kick from this one. Posting to watch.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 01, 2011, 02:27:36 am »

Hums to himself...

Oh wait, did I push this back onto the first page, my bad.

>.> *continues to hum waiting for the next update*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2011, 03:39:23 pm »

There now I've entertained you for a week or two, I don't have to update for another month :P
Oh no!

I didn't intend that to be literal, but then again, here we are :P

I'm still chipping away at it, Elena didn't give me a lot to work with. I hate putting out something that's just a dry recap of what happened, especially given how happy I was with the previous update, but my entertainment additions have been alternately unfunny and dumb. But hey, what're the odds I end up hating every single draft between now and the end of all time? Which I guess is next year? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »

PART XIX: Elesa

Music for the evening has been provided by... well, I don't actually know, nor do I care to know. In fact, maybe you'd be better off humming tunelessly to yourself instead of listening to this. And for the love of Mew don't watch it!

Plenty of Elesa-centric smut, precious few Gym shots. The things I do for this LP
  Nimbasa's Pokemon Gym is in the amusement park! No doubt it has a surprising gimmick.*
  Well, first I went to an operational restaurant where I saw John Madden eat his weight in turkey legs, then I went to a museum full of priceless artifacts that was subsequently raided by Team Plasma, and the last Gym I was in heavily featured clowns, honey, and the artwork of a madman. They'll be hard pressed to surprise me here.

This, but with more neon
  ...not the first time I've been wrong, I'll admit.
  How about it? I can see you're surprised! Would you ever have guessed that this Gym is a roller coaster? You can change where the car goes! Sometimes you continue by riding the cars of opponents you defeat. That's how you aim for the Gym Leader.*
  I have to ride a roller coaster in circles to get to the Leader? Isn't that going to make backtracking a bitch?
  Yes. Yes it is.
  [Good thing we won't need to backtrack much]
  Another challenger? How trite.
  Sweet Mew, this Gym is full of annoying, wealthy hangers-on with no place better to be!
  A Ground type? Clearly you don't know how things are done here.
  [Ha! Air superiority, bitches!]
  [Electric/Flying, huh? Cute. Unfortunately for you, while you may be immune to Ground type moves, you are not immune to me being a crocodile] *CRUNCH*
  Nice work, Gustave. We'll be through this rabble in no time.
  *GUSTAVE HAS EVOLVED INTO KROKOROK!*
  No time at all.

It really is as easy as that- there isn't anything in this Gym Gustave can't drop in a hit or two. A Super Potion here or there is all we need to rip straight through the entire Gym.

Of course, ripping through the Gym itself is somewhat tedious and roundabout. Each time you get on the roller coaster, it takes you to a new platform, where normally you have to battle a trainer in order to access a button in order to change the path of the roller coaster. What kind of coaster is built to change tracks in mid-run, I do not know. It isn't even a roller coaster so much as it is a maglev. It's fast and sparkly and all, but most roller coasters don't make multiple stops in the middle of the ride.

This may be a good time to- that's right! Compare and contrast with Generation One!

Bitches love electricity

That cocky bastard up there is Lt. Surge, leader of the Vermilion City Gym. Yes, Lieutenant Surge- he has an active rank in the military. Like Elesa, he uses Electric-type Pokemon. But, whereas Elesa uses hers to illuminate Poke-Vegas, Surge used his to fight a goddam war. This guy's job was to run into a battlefield full of dragons and dinosaurs and ghosts and all kinds of horrible things, and electrocute them until they died. And this is war we're talking about, not battling- he probably electrocuted the trainers, too. He still wears his fatigues every day, just in case he needs to form a guerilla resistance movement and doesn't have time to go home and get his war pants.

A friend of mine once asked me what happened to all the Gyrados rampaging in the Lake of Rage in Generation II- I told him they all flew over to Kanto where Surge murdered their shit. And you know what else? Surge is American, which given the way the Pokeverse has developed means that he was really Unovan- He went to war to kick Kanto Ass, discovered that Pikachu is way cooler than anything back home and decided to stay. But he didn't relinquish his military rank- the way I figure, when he refused to come home the Unovans just made him a one-man occupation force. And it worked. It's probably worth noting that Vermilion had no Rocket problem in Gen I- this means it joins Fushia City (the one run by a NINJA,) Pallet Town (the starting town,) and Pewter City (The first Gym, and even then you hit Rocket in the segment immediately following) as the only cities in Kanto free of the influence of Team Rocket.

Further, he was the third Gym Leader in Generation I, and was the first Gym to have a gimmick. First, his Gym was stocked with his old war buddies and heavy metal musicians, because nobody else on the continent is as Metal as Surge (Jasmine notwithstanding.) Second, not only is Surge Axe-Crazy, he's also regular crazy too! Paranoia, to be specific- Surge filled his Gym with garbage cans, and hid switches in them. EVERY LAST ONE. To open the doors to face Surge himself, you had to root through the trash and flick a switch- if it was the right switch, you then had to pick the garbage can with the correct second switch in the sequence. Failure means that the entire web of circuitry reset itself, and you had to start over from dumpster one. I imagine Surge spends his days reliving the atrocities of war, curled up in the dark, so by the time a Trainer manages to solve his stupid puzzle and open the door he's in a nice, murderous frenzy.

Then there's Elesa.

Your search for "non-slutty Elesa" returned 0 results

Whereas Surge is a battle-hardened warrior, Elesa is a supermodel. One would think that being an Electric type user would encourage you to wear more clothes, not less, but here we are. Looking at it, it appears that she is wearing a long pair of pantyhose, a black corset and bra, and a yellow shirt with a massive hole in the front- this is the outfit that inspires fear in all her challengers! Just replace "fear" with "lust" and "challengers" with "twelve year old boys," which now that I've typed it out makes me suspect Elesa may be some kind of sexual predator. I've got no reason to think she isn't a supermodel- she certainly has the anorexia for the job. She looks like a honey bee made out of twigs, an impression that isn't helped by the... I'm gonna guess headphones? that she's wearing. Again, I'm not sure why an Electric type user would have extremely long conductive materials leading directly to her brain, but here we are.

And whereas Surge's Gym had grunge rockers and grognards, Elesa has pasty white rich people. Spray-tan the boys orange and you'd think you were in a Pokemon-themed episode of Jersey Shore. And instead of having a complicated security system to earn your Gym Battle, her gimmick is a remarkably linear (albeit pretty) train ride. You are literally on rails for this segment. And finally, while Vermilion is free of criminal syndicates, the very King of Team Plasma enjoys riding the Ferris Wheel RIGHT OUTSIDE the Gym. This should probably show how effective Elesa is as a trainer.

Anywho, after much circling and spinning over every damn inch of the Gym, I am finally deposited at Elesa's platform.

Did the fantastic speed leave you dizzy? My beloved Pokemon will be the next one to make your head spin!*
  What, no preamble?
  What do you want? I just want this to be over so I can get back to the fun parts of my job.
  Wait, you're a Gym Leader... but you don't enjoy battling?
  Of course not! It's inhumane what some people do to their Pokemon.
  I can understand that- I've been to the Playhouse.
  I've long been in favor of guaranteeing more rights for Pokemon.
  Wait a minute... that sounds like Team Plasma talk!
  Team Plasma isn't all bad- sure, they're extremist nutjobs who should never be in a position of power, but with any luck their actions will make it easier for moderates such as myself.
  Or more likely, their incompetency will cause widespread public backlash against you!
  Perhaps, but I doubt it. They may be going about it the wrong way, but at least they're raising public consciousness about the issue- you can't convince anyone of anything if they haven't at least conceived of the notion beforehand.
  You're pretty smart, for a supermodel.
  And you're kind of an ass for a twelve year old- now let's get this thing over with.
  Hello there, Pokemon fans, and welcome to the latest edition of Unovan Idol!
  Oh Mew, not again.
  Monk comes to us with a full team tonight- but no member is more important than Gustave, a level 30 Krokorok! This powerful Pokemon figures to see the most field time tonight!
  [Let's rumble, ladies]
  Go, Emolga!
  *Pursuit*
  *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH*
  x.x
  [Oh yeah!]
  Monk is taking advantage of Gustave's innate ability- Moxie! Every time Gustave faints an opponent, his Attack rises!
  Go, Emolga!
  What, another one? Good grief, you only have 3 Pokemon to begin with!
  Hey, it isn't easy to find electric Pokemon on this continent!
  *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH*  [Moxie, baby!]
  Then face my most powerful Pokemon- Zebstrika!
  [End of the line, champ]
  Seriously, an evolved Blitzle? Come on, I could have one of those by now if I was allowed to catch more than one Pokemon on a route! Hell, this is basically the team everyone else in here uses!
  *Dig*
  *OHKO!*
  And that does it! Monk has handily dismantled Elesa and gained his fourth Gym badge! He is now halfway through the Pokemon League Challenge, but the journey will only get tougher from here on out! Can Monk endure? Find out NEXT TIME, here on Unovan Idol!
  Wow, you MUST be in cahoots with Team Plasma- only they could lose this badly.
  Very funny, smart guy. Here's your reward.
  ...this isn't even as much as what I made from beating up on Lucius Failfoy back there!
  Hey! It's MALfoy, you bloody twit!
  I KNOW WHAT I SAID!
  Fine, take this TM of mine- it's Volt Switch, my signature move. It not only deals damage, but also allows the user to switch out.
  Aren't you forgetting something?
  I was getting there! Here, your Bolt Badge.

Rocket Zapdos, I choose you!
  Excellent- now, on to Driftveil City!
  You're going to Driftveil City next? Of course- there is a Pokemon Gym there, after all. Oh... I bet you won't be able to get there. You know what? I'll fix it so you can cross. Wait for me on Route 5.*
  Well that's... unexpectedly generous. What's the catch?
  No catch- you need to get to Drifveil, and I'm the only one who can get Clay to lower the drawbridge. The faster I get you out of my city, the better, so far as I'm concerned. Besides, what are you gonna do instead, swim across?
  I DO have a Water-Type Pokemon...
  [I am not towing you across a river because you are too lazy to walk]
  ...he doesn't seem enthused. I suppose I'll take you up on your offer. Honestly I'm not entirely sure he knows how to swim
  Good! I'll see you on Route 5.

NEXT TIME: Rack'n Frak'n Plasma!
Suggestions, Comments, Criticism welcome as always.

Spoiler: Routes Visited (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play with these Newfangled Pokemanz! Part XIX: Elesa
« Reply #445 on: December 08, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »

Amusing as ever. Also, I'm glad that I finally learned what happened to all the Gyrados in the Lake of Rage.

EDIT: common belief holds that she is where headphones, and that the black things seem to be the same wires that you use to connect electric guitars to their amplifiers. Why she would have them in the first place, let alone two of the things, is not explained. My theory? They look stupid cool both. At the same time.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:21:45 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 08, 2011, 06:46:49 pm »

Awesome work with the comparison, the change does seem Major
... Sorry for the pun.

And is it just me or are her hands to small for her head?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2011, 05:17:21 am »

He's not kidding about the anorexia, either. Elesa's overland sprite is really jarring when you compare it to all the others in the games.

Including the ones from the day care.

Yes, she's apparently notably thinner than 10-year-old children!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2011, 09:41:17 am »

Awesome topic, so...posting to follow!

And we need moar Secret Agent Snivy Servine! I miss him already... :(
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2011, 10:18:32 am »

Wait, which of the two versions is this again?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48