Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode-Lost in Snakeland!  (Read 1797 times)

thriftshopmusketeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode-Lost in Snakeland!
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:33 am »

So, I've been recently playing Fortress Defense mode. This is truly lovely for Fortress Mode; however, as I have said previously, it plays havoc with Adventure Mode.

My coustom world was genned to basically make shit go crazy-huge populations, high savagery, beasts, semibeasts, caves, minerals EVERYwhere. However, with FD, the dwarves were reduced to a single corner of the world--high in the northwest. I started of as a dwarf, thinking that maybe this time I'd span actually with other dwarves!

Nope.

And this time, rather than spawning with humans as I usually do, I spawned in the mids of a massive naga empire. Huge.

After what must have been weeks of travel, I finally reached the map Icon for a mountian hall, but, when I started walking, and followed the compass all the way to the destination, I find myself standing in the middle of a forest--nothing but trees in sight, much less a Mountian hall entrance.

Long story short: Where the devil are the dwarves in adventure mode?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode-Lost in Snakeland!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 12:27:38 am »

Armoks evil henchman, Toady One decided to smite the sites of the Mountain homes, since they created soap, dwarf washers, and danger rooms. Withering away, their citizens fled into the wilderness. The goblins Dark Fortresses were also smote, when a gobbo tried to eat the Frog gods cat.  The elven retreats got the same treatment, just for the fun of it. Lol.
 Now the only existing sites are human towns. Good luck with finding armor to fit, unless you mug a goblin, or visit a old abandoned fortress you created.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration