Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the best vehicle?  (Read 870 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
What's the best vehicle?
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:02 am »

I want to know which vehicle is the best for high speed chases.  Which ones can outrun the police cars?  Also, what level of security do you need to unlock the various cars?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: What's the best vehicle?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:01:59 am »

The answers are all found at art/vehicles.xml, if you want to browse them yourself. I'll post them here in a minute.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:19:54 am »

Sports cars are pretty hot stuff for car chases. I think security difficulty is the same for all cars, but you're more likely to encounter alarms (and therefore cops) for some of them.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:34:09 am »

Sports car. I had a liberal with NO driving skill outdrive several police gang units in one. Although, I've never been able to do that, again.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:59:29 am »

Yeah, it's the sports car. It currently gives 3 driving bonus, so if there's nothing hidden there in the C++, a Liberal with no driving skill and a sports car should be about as good as a Liberal in a bug with 3 driving skill.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:11:55 am »

Beware -- the bonus might be a multiplier or have some other obscure effect. Such as being a bonus to driving fast but a penalty to crashing. Heheheh. I don't think that's the case, but it would make sense, wouldn't it?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:02 am »

The XML says it's a "bonus given to the driver's driving skill", so it's probably a simple addition, assuming the implementer of XML read the source right.

Even if I never get to actually finishing that Cool New Liberal Car Chase system, I think it should be split to handling and speed. Or tied to driving in a more complex way or anything.