Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pnx's Geniune Imitation Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irriatation Thread  (Read 2041 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I figured I'd step up to the plate and remake the thread. So here's the rules Vector outlined in her thread:

0.  Attack arguments, not people.  Period.

0.5a Be as logical, reasonable, and precise as you can be.  This makes it easier to avoid arguments.

0.5b Offering a direct argument is superior to a passive-aggressive one.  Snideness and sarcasm are fine; just use your judgment.

1.  Think before you post.

2.  Do not troll.  Victim-blaming and derailment tactics will not be tolerated.  Shit-posting will not be tolerated, either.

3.  Do not treat people as though they do not exist, or as though they are inhuman or subhuman.  There will be no "othering" here.

4.  I will try not to police language too much, but use common sense.  If your common sense is subpar in this direction, you will be informed.

-> Guideline: this includes appropriation of words surrounding sexual assault and violence in general, as well as illnesses and hateful slurs, to make a point as a metaphor.  I will be gentle about this in most cases other than those concerning rape.

5.  Evolutionary psychology arguments do not belong here.  Keep them out.

-> Guideline: musing about why someone might be a certain way is fine.  Strenuously arguing that they should always remain thus, since the behavior or idea in question was helpful thousands of years ago, is unacceptable.  Other reasons are fine, but history as the sole arbiter is absurd.  This is the progress thread, not the "keep everything the way it always was" thread.

6.  You can post articles that are on-topic.  I will probably ask you to remove off-topic articles, which include obvious things and not-so-obvious things.  I do not want debates here about whether gay people are repressing straight people with their very existence or something; if you want to make those arguments, you will be asked to take it out-of-thread.

7. Do not link to a tabloid (such as, e.g., The Daily Mail) as a news source.  You may mock the state of journalism if you like via such links, however.  Satire articles are also okay.

Here are my amendments:

8. This is the progressive rage thread, so a little raging is allowed, but try not to let your rage get out of hand, don't direct it at other people, don't let your anger own you. Anger is the result of fear, which leads to hate, which leads to suffering, which leads to thread getting locked, and people being banned. Take a chill pill, or listen to some rain (this seems to be a popular activity, it mainly just makes me want to pee, but I suppose it's relaxing too).

9. Please, no bigotry, this one shouldn't need to be said, especially since it's in the forum rules, but I'm going to say it anyway. If you think a certain race or demographic is inherently inferior, or that homosexuals, or transsexuals have no right to be that way, or that some, such as women, or blacks, have "a place". You might have a right to think that, but we don't want to hear it. To quote the forum guidlines (which you should already have read):
Despite its prevalence on the internet, bigoted language is frowned upon here.  Do not go there.
[/b]
I may change these rules at some point, they are up for discussion and they can be challenged.

I'll try to keep things civil around here, but if you feel the thread is getting out of hand and you'd like me to lock it, feel free to PM me, as I might not be paying attention at just that moment. Otherwise, just try to have fun, and be nice to each other.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:20:48 pm by Pnx »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

PenguinofHonor already remade it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... How did I miss that?