Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 774246 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #5685 on: October 03, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »

That doesn't add it the "new replies" menu, and some people don't want a new e-mail whenever somebody posts (especially in a high-pase thread like this where'll you can get over a hundred replies in a day). Or check their mail just to see if someone on this forum has said anything, when it's far easier to check at the forums by using said "new replies" list.
Love, scriver~

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: October 03, 2011, 04:14:58 pm »

Edit: Whoa, nice reaction speed there Toady :)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:43 pm »

Did anyone click that guy's link?

I hope not... It linked to Tubgirl.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:59 pm »

To address the troll's 'points'.

Timothy (both of them) weren't written by Paul. How do we know this? Because Paul writes that women are equal earlier. Problem, fundamentalist?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5689 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:10 pm »

That one was noah22223, proving again why a ban was justified.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:42 pm »

The troll post was full of awkward quotation mark usage. It was probably just a copy paste hackjob.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: October 03, 2011, 04:35:54 pm »

Thats just it - all teenagers are exposed to sexual health education from the age of 13 delivered in a frank and honest manner, and have access to free sexual health clinics, free contraception, and confidential and free advice - all through the NHS and local educational systems. This is manly to counteract the high rate of teenage pregnancy, but there is no sign of it working. There seems little reason why this region has such a high rate - its no less affluent than bordering regions, and educational performance is overall slightly better than our neighbours. It seems glib to put it down to teenage experimentation.

I'm not convinced that being clueless about sex is any sort of alternative. Let me give you a personal example:

PENIS

ha ha penis
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:30:39 am by Jackrabbit »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: October 03, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »

That doesn't add it the "new replies" menu, and some people don't want a new e-mail whenever somebody posts (especially in a high-pase thread like this where'll you can get over a hundred replies in a day). Or check their mail just to see if someone on this forum has said anything, when it's far easier to check at the forums by using said "new replies" list.

Yeah, I have the "Updated Topics" area bookmarked. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: October 03, 2011, 05:43:00 pm »

Regarding age of consent:

Kids are stupid, plain and simple. At least, I know I was, and most kids I know are. Sure, there might be some that are incredibly mature for their age, but they are the exceptions. So, a line has to be drawn somewhere between a kid that doesn't know what's good for him, and an adult that has the right to chose.

Problem is, it's not a hard line, so it's difficult to pin down. The best anybody can do is make a good guess and hope for the best. Some places have it higher, and some have it lower. Which one is better? Hell if I know.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: October 03, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »

People are stupid, plain and simple. To claim adults intrinsically know better is laughable. Adults, on average, know better due to experience. In other words, they know better because they've already made mistakes.

Raising or lowering the age of consent will do squat to change any of that. If you want people to act less stupid, educate them (sex ed is awesome when done right, imo).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: October 03, 2011, 05:54:00 pm »

I'm of the opinion that sex between consenting partners is no bad thing, provided it's done safely. So I'm all for sexual education, easy access to contraception and discreet advice and assistance.
Yup, this here is a reasonable opinion to ha-

...but people are going to have sex anyway...
... and here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
I am so sorry for this.
 I'm all for information and education, but not if it's justified like this. I know a lot of people who would normally be written off as going to be teen parents, and are not, thanks to either having parents who had them in college or older siblings having children they had to help support. With the information given to them by living that life already they determined they would not let it happen again.

We can be responsible. Give us the proper information to make decisions for our lives and be responsible over the results.

It's akin to teaching your kid how to dodge fast objects like cars because they are gonna eventually wander into the road. Being able to dodge fast objects is a good skill to have and there is nothing wrong with teaching your kid that, but it shouldn't be a patch on your parenting responsibility of keeping an eye on the kid.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: October 03, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »

The concept of 'friends with benifits' whilst completely goddamn retarded and I hate it forever, is in vogue.

Why do you hate it?

Personally, I hope that it eventually replaces traditional relationships. I despise romance.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: October 03, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

Well, the world doesn't conform itself around one person's wishes, and the whole 'friends with benifits' thing is just plain stupid. It just meaningless.

Also why do you hate romance?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: October 03, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »

Well, the world doesn't conform itself around one person's wishes, and the whole 'friends with benifits' thing is just plain stupid. It just meaningless.

Also why do you hate romance?

Because it makes sex into an sacred idol that must be propitiated with complicated yet inane rites, (more complicated and inane even than many other species' courtship methods; It seems that thanks to our longer lifespan we've decided that we can afford to waste our time) before it may be approached.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:15:13 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: October 03, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »

Well, the world doesn't conform itself around one person's wishes,
Please avoid condescending dismissals in this thread. You can disagree with someone without belittling their opinion.

Personally, I hope one day humanity collectively gets over sex. It's not the best thing ever, yet some people treat it like the holy grail of life experience.

I don't mind romance, and I think sex is great. Just don't, you know, obsess over it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 852