Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 785447 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #10050 on: January 17, 2012, 10:20:06 pm »

Sexuality is just fucked up in general.  This conversation hasn't even gone into the realm of bizarre fetishes.  Even completely uninteresting monogamous hetero sexuality is fucked up, because human sexual anatomy was obviously designed by a troll.  I think it's always going to be screwed up for everyone.

True. What sort of messed up city planner would put a playground next to the sewers?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: January 17, 2012, 10:36:53 pm »

Mhmm. I say just stop caring about what turns people on. That's their business, and there's no "right" or "wrong" way to go about it.

Provided you're not hurting anyone or anything, anyway. I'll start caring once a victim of some sort becomes involved.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »

I'm sorry I took us on this tangent if it's making you feel more jaded. That wasn't my intention. :/

Also, nooo, no self loathing. Bad. Of course I'm also pretty sure I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to communicate there.

And categories WORK, they just don't work PERFECTLY. They are tools we use to model reality and help it make sense, nothing more and nothing less.

O loath and jade have been around long before I came here I and doubt that anything short of even more years of therapy or the more tried and true method, even more years of alcohol can quiet them. That is to say, you didn't do anything bad. I actually like you, and given my jadedness/propensity for not holding back about not liking people,you know I actually do like you. :)

Sexuality is just fucked up in general.  This conversation hasn't even gone into the realm of bizarre fetishes.  Even completely uninteresting monogamous hetero sexuality is fucked up, because human sexual anatomy was obviously designed by a troll.  I think it's always going to be screwed up for everyone.

Please do not elaborate. Yes, but please....

True. What sort of messed up city planner would put a playground next to the sewers?

aaaand too late.... :P Damn it. O, I am actually quite afraid of the derail this could set us on [legitimate shudder].

Mhmm. I say just stop caring about what turns people on. That's their business, and there's no "right" or "wrong" way to go about it.

Provided you're not hurting anyone or anything, anyway. I'll start caring once a victim of some sort becomes involved.

Sounds good to me. Seems I have trouble finding a decent guy who is cool with my various oddities/being trans. Meh.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:41:41 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »

I get turned on by angry forum posts.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: January 17, 2012, 10:44:40 pm »

So... topic change. That horrible company known as Foxconn has installed anti-suicide nets at its factories.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: January 17, 2012, 10:47:50 pm »

So... topic change. That horrible company known as Foxconn has installed anti-suicide nets at its factories.

O son of a .... Let me get this straight Foxconn. You don't have money to pay your employees more but you've got enough for craploads of nets to catch them as they jump off the building in suicide.... [dead silence].

Suicide nets: the up and coming hot import item for third world sweatshop countries.....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »

....Yay? Not really, but hopefully it will at least save some lives. I guess Foxconn isn't evil to an impractical degree.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »

I am disturbed by the mentality that thinks that the problem here is that the ground is too hard.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:58 pm »

....Yay? Not really, but hopefully it will at least save some lives. I guess Foxconn isn't evil to an impractical degree.

Na, they don't care about people not diving off the roof to death. Its more they don't want the bad PR/cleanup all over their pavement.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: January 17, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »

Na, they don't care about people not diving off the roof. Its more they don't want the bad PR/cleanup all over their pavement.
I know. That's what I meant. Installing anti-suicide nets to curb bad press is a strategy that is a form of practical evil, because it does something positive even though Foxconn doesn't actually care about their employees lives.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: January 17, 2012, 10:56:25 pm »

Na, they don't care about people not diving off the roof. Its more they don't want the bad PR/cleanup all over their pavement.
I know. That's what I meant. Installing anti-suicide nets to curb bad press is a strategy that is a form of practical evil, because it does something positive even though Foxconn doesn't actually care about their employees lives.

Clearly, the something positive is a new commodity of suicide nets to revitalize the stagnant economy, but revitalize for who...?

Whelp, that's depressing. And now, a kitty! Honestly, that crap was depressing/ this is all just a distraction to keep us off the real problem. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:58:53 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: January 17, 2012, 10:58:41 pm »

Option 1: They go splat: horrible PR means they get sued.
Option 2: They get caught: business as usual, or they have to go jump elsewhere where the impact will not be so easily noticed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: January 17, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »

Option 1: They go splat: horrible PR means they get sued.
Option 2: They get caught: business as usual, or they have to go jump elsewhere where the impact will not be so easily noticed.

Option 3: Suicide by any other means besides jumping off the roof....

Utter failure? Hope this will make it *cough* look like * cough* we care?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:01:16 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:37 pm »

Whelp, that's depressing. And now, a kitty!
Kitty reminds me of when parent person let You out, never to be seen again. You slept on my chest for many months, often leading to me having a hell of a time breathing, but the warmth and companionship was very fulfilling. You was a beautiful black cat that I managed to catch and begin domesticating about the age of that kitten. The look I got from the vet when I took her in for shots for the first time was delightful. I miss You :-[

The bright side to it is that the next black cat I manage to nab will be named You Two.

Incidentally, though, hey! Deregulation :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: January 17, 2012, 11:03:54 pm »

Option 4:  Use less evil

Nah...  nets are cheaper than compassion.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 852