Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Vampires!  (Read 10045 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:38 am »

I wouldn't like to meet Imbo on a dark night, that's for sure. I did think those zombies leaving the necromancer was funny, I imagined a zombie trade union.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:39 am »

Great job so far Toady. I can't wait to try these out.
It'd be interesting if your fort could be ''infiltrated' by cult members; if/when organised religion is introduced, that could be an included feature. You could choose to humor the cult, building a shrine to their leader and eventually allowing it to come and live in the fort as a semi-nobleman, you could ignore them and hope they don't retaliate by murdering or beating up anyone, or you could just immediately slaughter them all.
Win-win-win situation.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

DrDada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:21 am »

I think there should be the option for vampires to withdraw from society and hide in the sewers,catacombs or in a cave somewhere and just visit villages and citys to feed on the people.
I also wonder if vampires will become weaker every generation, and stronger the older they are.
That would prevent the world being overrun with vampire kings and provide diversity and a challenge.
Not every vampire should be able to start a cult and take over empires some should just...die at the hands of furious villagers or a hero after they killed a few people.
Some, older vampires may choose to hide and sleep for hundreds of years.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:29 am »

I sort of want to make sparkly vampires just to annoy people.  But the only way I can think of that makes that work is that, instead of being hurt by sunlight, it just lets everybody know that hey, this guy wants your blood.  And then I guess their description would say they sparkle in the sunlight?  Idk.
The sunlight tag allows you to add or remove another syndrome tag when the creature is in a lit area. So you could presumably add a flashing star tile to sunlit vampires.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:40:22 am by tfaal »
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Umune

• Bay Watcher
  • Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 10:09:35 am »

Could we have a vampire become a vampire?
Urist McVampireVampire?

BronzeElemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:37 am »

What about a zombie werebadger vampire?

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 11:32:50 am »

I'm just waiting for zombie Necromancer werebadger vampire mummies. 
Blargh.

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »

im waiting for the day my fort gets visited by a zombie merchant and diplomat.
i wonder what they would sell...

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »

I'm ardently hoping that zombies never become intelligent, would ruin the concept in my opinion.  :\

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 03:46:05 pm »

Speaking of Vampire Kings and the whole weaker every generation aspect, what if you wanted to become a Vampire but you did it proactively, did your research, found the original Vampire of the clan you are interested in (I think there should be different types of Vampire for each god profaned or whatever) and then asked them to sire you. Of course, being an unbelievably powerful demigod at first they may just scoff at the idea, but you could prove yourself in a battle, and if you do well enough you could be sired as a second-generation Wampir 8)

If it was anything like White Wolf (World of Darkness), though, the "original vampire" (Caine in this instance) would be so incredibly powerful that it's nigh impossible to even consider fighting :o

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 05:05:45 pm »

If it was anything like White Wolf (World of Darkness), though, the "original vampire" (Caine in this instance) would be so incredibly powerful that it's nigh impossible to even consider fighting :o

*gets a mental image of a Bronze Colossus adventurer stomping on Caine*

Now I'm wondering if Bronze Colossi can become vampires.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:38 pm »

How did he profane his own temple, and why?

I imagine he got drunk on the communion wine and took a piss on the alter. A wholly proportional punishment from a just and righteous god.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

How did he profane his own temple, and why?

I imagine he got drunk on the communion wine and took a piss on the alter. A wholly proportional punishment from a just and righteous god.
Baring in mind that pissing on the altar of the god of storms and lightning may not be the best idea ever hatched by the minds of mortal men.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »

Are barrels of blood even possible? Wouldn't it coagulate?

Well, merchants are always bringing them to my fortress in the current game... Because of how the trade menu's organized I sometimes accidentally buy one or two among my barrels of booze. That can't go over well.

As for real life, my understanding is there's a few methods for preventing coagulation. The simplest of which is simply to agitate the bucket of blood until the clotting agents form into clumps and then strain them out, leaving the rest of the fluid clotting-agent-free. Look up "defibrinated blood".

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 10:47:50 pm »

Does every creature that gets 'vampired' instantly become a blood-craving monster?

What if they were a pretty nice person before? Wouldn't they occasionally commit suicide rather than live with the daily horror of knowing what they had become?

Yeah. It makes sense to me. They would maybe surrender themselves or let everyone know after the first time or so. So maybe you just have werewolves and vampires locked into the cells of dungeons. Or they run away and become hermits out in the wilderness.

Probably more for werewolves then vampires, though.

Also... so if a vampire is killed, can it be reanimated by a necromancer? Possibly a necromancer vampire? What about vampire weremooses?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4