Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Forgotten Beasts of the Future  (Read 35030 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beasts of the Future
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 03:27:59 am »

What could possibly go wrong?

Famous last words.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

Of course, I must warn you: now that you have become one of us, there is no way back. The dwarfy way of thinking will dominate your mind anywhere you go, and in anything you do.
It's true. I now know the name of 99% of metals and their ores. As well as 10% of alloys.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »

Mutations sound like they will really bring out the mad scientist in me.

Muahahahaa...

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 06:36:33 pm »

We now need to make the dwarfiest superhero ever using this. Adamantine skin, magma blood, A beard of adamantine strands, four arms, the ability to explode elves with its mind and the ability to mine four tiles at once.
Blargh.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 06:42:07 pm »

All this is nice, but really, we should be asking more important questions.

Could these new syndromes be used as a beard lengthener?

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:29 pm »

More importantly, can it give my dorfs the ability to turn elves into alcohol?
...Said Bloxace.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »

More importantly, can it give my dorfs the ability to turn elves into alcohol?
I think this can already be done with some modding. Mod elves to be butcherable, and have some of their parts be tagged as plants. Then mod those "plants" to be brewable.

The elves will be grateful because it would make them closer to nature, and they are cannibals anyways.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:17 pm »

I was thinking more on the lines of a mutation in elves that causes their blood (or other instantly fatal body part) to turn into booze. That works too, though.
...Said Bloxace.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:09 am »

It would be cool if a FB mutated my dorfs into godlike superbeings. I would contain that thing in a shrine made of delicious cotton candy (if you cant, gold), and only the "blessed" may be afflicted. The normies have to live outside, away from the gods.

If only we had a religion creator (ALL HAIL MOTHER!)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:29:11 am by Mister Dirks »
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

lukasrygh23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 06:14:43 am »

We now need to make the dwarfiest superhero ever using this. Adamantine skin, magma blood, A beard of adamantine strands, four arms, the ability to explode elves with its mind and the ability to mine four tiles at once.

We already have a dwarf like this. his name is Morul (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Morul)
i dont tend to spoiler my text, i tell ppl the truth. how can u have spoilers in a sandbox(ish) game?

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 12:12:51 pm »

People are already getting giant, angry bees as forgotten beats.  I think that tops pretty much everything.
But in the future, we can get a giant, angry bee with a sting that makes you explosively allergic to say, steel.

Then alongside that bee is a beast made of steel.
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »

Let's have an FB that breathes dust that turns things into dwarves! World domination! At least until the global tantrum spiral.

Inverting this: What if there came a FB that turns things into elves...  Armok protect us. Though I'm pretty sure that's why we build levers to flood the entire fortress with magma.

Also, I'm wondering if we can keep control of dwarves after genetic reconfiguring. Though I guess caging then releasing them during a siege always works.

A little fantasizing if genetic mutation does lead to the dwarf going 'stark raving mad':
"Sir, it took us four grown men to capture that... thing. I don't like keeping it around."
"It is not your place to question, Recruit. That creature was once my brother. I will not have him killed, even if he has ten legs, twelve arms, three heads, breathes acid and fire and looks like a corpse that has been out in summer for a week."
"Y-Yes, sir."
-A demon breaks through and enters the courtyard-
"SIEGE, WE HAVE A SIEGE!" -Urist McCaptain charges to spar with the demon, but is forced back. The rest of the militia is dead or dying, except for the Recruit-
"Recruit! Pull the lever."
-The Recruit hesitates-
"Recruit! Pull the damn lever! If we have to die, let's at least make sure these bastards all die with us."
-The Recruit flips the lever and a shriek echoes through the fort.-
"WHO TOUCHED MY ALE?!?!"
-The Captain, slowly succumbing to the wounds he receiveived let's out a small chuckle- "Good to see he still has his priorities."
----

Also, let's make elves lethally allergic to wood. Because love hurts.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:13:03 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 12:57:45 pm »

I think I can guess where this is going: Dwarven Godzilla. Adamantine skin, spends part of it's life in magma and breathes a combination of dragonfire and dust that turns other creatures into cats to kill the FPS.

You know, I think I could already make this with some modding. I wonder what happens if you give a creature both the "opposed to life" and the "trainable" tag?
"Urist McSerizawa cancels oxygen destroyer - petting weapon of mass destruction."

Anyway, a Forgotten Beast made out of Slade and that can fly and is, as a bonus, a vampiric weredwarf. Which is to say, it turns into dwarves at full moon and turns creatures it bites into dwarves. After all, aren't the creatures of the night supposed to be horrifying?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »

Opposed to life plus trainable= You training you own Grim Reaper...

Actually, having Grim Reapers appear in game with the Trap_Avoid and whatever makes ghosts able to go through walls could be quite entertaining...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

I'm guessing a Grim Reaper in the game would have an Adamantine scythe and a Slade cloak, correct?

Back on topic, maybe future FB's with claws could dig? It would be a great oh crap moment to unleash upon the people who've relied on walling off the caverns to defend themselves.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5