Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 34340 times)

The_Final_Stand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43:30 pm »

I shall never forget the time one of my dwarfmaidens of battle kicked a Titan made of yellow jasper in half.

She shall live on as Axefoot.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

I shall never forget the time one of my dwarfmaidens of battle kicked a Titan made of yellow jasper in half.
The dwarven way for women to get glitter.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:32 pm »

I wanted to rack up the kills of an artifact steel battle axe so I had my militia comander station in the arena and released one of the many captured goblin thiefs.
He proceeded to hack itīs arm off and then bite him in the upper boddy with such force it shattered a few ribs. The rest of the battle was him shaking the poor thief around till his lower body snapped off all the while hacking a few libs off as well. My dwarves were cleaning goblin blood off the arena for months.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 03:04:43 pm »

My last fort was apparently skilled at kung fu. A monstrous scaly tick wandered in through the well and a recruit managed to keep it busy for a day or two while the lazy hammerdwarf wandered 50 floors down and bashed its head in in one shot.

Later the same squad moved to intercept an undulating, feathered croc. It died from a single kick to the brain that bashed its skull in.

Two years after that goblins showed up with a dolomite bison demon. After said demon shattered Urist McExterminator and collapsed the chest of Urist McJudo, an unknown speardwarf punched its head off. He got a promotion, but never held a single Shoryuken demonstration =[  .
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Matazat

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:DARK_BEDROOM][DIET:RAMEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

One of my (modded) pet cave crocodiles bit off a kitten's tooth. I like to think that the kitten had a toothache and the croc was helping him out. :3

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 06:28:57 pm »

I've had a dwarf bite a goblin in the leg, latch on firmly, and them proceed to shake it around until the leg came off in his mouth.

Sometimes it seems like that's the only way a hammerdwarf can actually kill anything. They tenderizer it with the hammer for a while, then bite it to death.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »

My Mayor went berserk from constant unhappyness, and after he molested some dwarves my legendary Swordsdwarf arrives.
The combat looked something like this.

The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the right lower arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part flies off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the left upper arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the right leg with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf stabs the Mayor in the lower body  with his *Iron Short Sword*, tearing the guts.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the left leg arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.

The Mayor retches.
The Mayor bites the Swordsdwarf in the head, through the *Bronze Helm*.
The Mayor latches on firmly.
The Mayor shakes the Swordsdwarf around by the head, and the severed part sails of in an arc.

My swordsdwarf really pulled off a "monthy pytons black knight", and then the mayor bit him and shook him around until the head came off. My face looked like this for several minutes:  ???
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 07:03:29 pm »

The Hammerdwarf bites the Goblin archer in the mouth from behind, and the severed part sails off in an arc.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 12:08:36 am »

I really like Misc. Object users in Adventure Mode:
The corpse has lodged firmly into the wound. The goblin swordsman has been struck down.

My personal favorite, though, was a battle between a troglodyte and a slugman.
The troglodyte grabs the slugman's right eyestalk with the troglodyte's right hand. The troglodyte throws the slugman by the right eyestalk with the troglodyte's right hand. The troglodyte releases the troglodyte's right hand from the slugman's right eyestalk. The slugman slams into an obsticle. The slugman has been struck down. :D

this left me speechless...

My Mayor went berserk from constant unhappyness, and after he molested some dwarves my legendary Swordsdwarf arrives.

The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the right lower arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part flies off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the left upper arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the right leg with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.
The Swordsdwarf stabs the Mayor in the lower body  with his *Iron Short Sword*, tearing the guts.
The Swordsdwarf strikes the Mayor in the left leg arm with his *Iron Short Sword*, and the severed part sails off in an arc.

The Mayor retches.
The Mayor shakes the Swordsdwarf around by the head, and the severed part sails of in an arc.

My swordsdwarf really pulled off a "monthy pytons black knight", and then the mayor bit him and shook him around until the head came off. My face looked like this for several minutes:  ???
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:10 am »

Well, the Black Knight DID threaten he would start biting next.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:47 am »

The Mayor retches.

T'is but a scratch.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

toue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

It starts off with a goblin hammerman missing an axedorf so badly he loses his grip on his glove and hammer.
Then the dorf hacks off his right hand, then right arm, tears his kidney, then hits it in the right eye, destroying it, and the axe gets STUCK. Then, for the final move, he slaps the right eyelid with his axe. I don't know what the hell that dorfs problem was, but I feel sorry for that goblin for failing so hard.

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

It starts off with a goblin hammerman missing an axedorf so badly he loses his grip on his glove and hammer.
Then the dorf hacks off his right hand, then right arm, tears his kidney, then hits it in the right eye, destroying it, and the axe gets STUCK. Then, for the final move, he slaps the right eyelid with his axe. I don't know what the hell that dorfs problem was, but I feel sorry for that goblin for failing so hard.
The glove and hammer were dropped when the right hand was cut off.  I don't know why, but the combat reports list items dropped by dismemberment before the listing of the actual act of dismemberment.
When something isn't quite dorfy enough, just add magma.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

I was most impressed when one of my speardwarves bit a goblin in the nose from behind, tore it off, and retained the severed part in her mouth.

Gloster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 06:57:03 am »

My legendary axedwarf recently managed to bite a goblin in his upper body, bruising the lung through the copper mail shirt and subsequently shaking the goblin around.
I mean wow, what a bite...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15