Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 34353 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2020, 07:07:26 pm »

Back to DF after a long time. I decided to try reclaiming an existing fort in the newly generated world. I set up a squad with my miner and woodcutter to explore the fortress, and met a "holy demon" that looked like a dwarf.

I had little hope that those two poorly equipped and unexperienced dwarves would survive a fight against a "holy demon", but I attacked for fun anyways. One of the two got scared indeed, but the other entered the battle. Surprisingly, it went rather OK (just a few bruises). Among the combat report:

The axedwarf shakes the holy demon around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
An artery in the head has been opened by the attack!

I don't exactly know what a "holy demon" is supposed to be, but it turns out that unexperienced dwarves can bite them badly.

You're not the only thing back after a long time glances nervously at previous timestamp of April 06, 2012

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2020, 01:32:17 am »

I sadly don't have any screenshots, but I've seen some real wonders over the years.
  • A totally unskilled peasant dorf broke burrow and kicked a gemstone FB in half, instantly killing it. The same FB had killed every other dorf in the fort.
  • A GCS broke into my nursery and began eating the children. A very powerful child somehow avoided being webbed and punched it to death. The nursery would later, sadly, be massacred by a berserk dwarf with a spear.
  • An angry giant rushed some dorfs hanging out on the surface. All 7 were drafted into a militia and sent to attack it instead of getting punched to death. None had skill or experience in combat. They proceeded to wrestle the giant, bite its nerves out and eventually stomp it to death after it passed out from pain or exertion. There were no deaths, only some broken limbs.
  • A cave dwelling tribe, I think amphibian men, were assaulted by numerous forgotten beasts, and managed to take down every single one. To be fair to the FBs, they were made out of liquids. I wanted to capture them and make a special cave zoo for them, but the fortress crumbled before I could
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2020, 02:33:03 am »

I once had a desperate situation in a fortress where a FB had crushed the entire military, and was now killing the last surviving civilians. I had basically given up and was preparing the fortress for abandoning, when I suddenly noticed the FB was dead.

Checking the combat logs I found a mother who had carried her baby into battle, and THE BABY had landed the final blow. It was Just a scratch, but the beast bled out.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]