Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 34344 times)

Kurskovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 12:13:46 pm »

A while ago my legendary mason was milling around my fort's entrance, when a skeletal panda charged up to him, ripped his right hand off, ripped his left hand off and promptly walked off leaving him spamming "Urist McNohands cancels store owned item: hands are in the moat" x50. Later he went berserk

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 01:10:28 pm »

I can't think of any particularly impressive combat reports.  The best I've seen are probably:

* Yak Bull kicks a goblin maceman in the head, driving the skull into the brain and tearing the brain.

* An axedwarf attacks a hydra while carrying a baby.  The hydra grabs the baby with its rear leg, and the baby retaliates by punching it in one of the heads.

From adventure mode: biting a human lasher in the eye, latching on and shaking it around.  Then hitting him in the back tooth with an axe.  The severed part flies off in an arc!

Not a combat report, but I was amused to find one of my axedwarves (who had lost her right hand and foot to the hydra) organizing a dodging demonstration.  (She as holding her axe, shield and crutch in her left hand).

Edited to add: now this is an impressive combat report:
The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the left hand with her -iron pick- and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the left upper leg with her -iron pick- and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the right hand with her -iron pick-, tearing apart the muscle through the (elk leather right glove)!
An artery has been opened by the attack and a sensory nerve has been severed!

A large ambush squad of goblin axemen and marksmen got into my fortress before I could shut the gate, and massacred and/or crippled most of my dwarves.  My chief medical dwarf (a legendary miner) managed to kill eleven of them, and is completely unhurt (and is the only dwarf not incapacitated).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:19:46 pm by Iapetus »
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 02:35:08 pm »

Not in fort mode but...

You stab the cheetah in the lower body with your +Obsidian Short Sword+, bruising the muscle and bruising the stomach!
Oh damnit, that is worthless...
The peasant slashes the Cheeta in the head with her iron slicing knife, and the severed part sails off in an arc!

By Armok's fiery beard.

clockwork

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

I once slayed a dragon with a beginning, shield focused, human swordsman. I sidestepped his first breath attack, ran towards him, attacked him a lot (this was before targeted combat) while blocking the fire it was spewing, at least 4 times more. In the end, I had my sword stuck in it, pulled it out, and he tore me in half. As I laid there, dead, he bled out in the last few turns before I finished the game. It was probably the most epic beginning adventurer I had. Sadly, the dragon's death never made it in the legends, I assume it's because I was dead during the time of it's death.

Also, this was during a time I was trying to expose a friend to the awesomeness of DF, on his computer. :P
He thought it was badass.  8)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 05:37:19 pm »

I had a good one, fort run by a badass, sole survivor of last siege.  A forgotten beast shows up, while she is drilling new recruits in the caverns. She literally turns and kicks it in half.  One attack, whole combat log. 

"Alright recruits, its time to train"
"Baroness--it's a gigantic tick. It's slobbering, beware its deadly dust!"
"What? Oh" *Spinkick*. Tick's upper body sails into the lake.
"As I was saying..."
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

I had a good one, fort run by a badass, sole survivor of last siege.  A forgotten beast shows up, while she is drilling new recruits in the caverns. She literally turns and kicks it in half.  One attack, whole combat log. 

"Alright recruits, its time to train"
"Baroness--it's a gigantic tick. It's slobbering, beware its deadly dust!"
"What? Oh" *Spinkick*. Tick's upper body sails into the lake.
"As I was saying..."
}
Time to get the masons and metalcrafters working till one of them makes a statue of the event. Then place the statue in her tomb or bedroom.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the left hand with her -iron pick- and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the left upper leg with her -iron pick- and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The chief medical dwarf strikes the Goblin Axeman in the right hand with her -iron pick-, tearing apart the muscle through the (elk leather right glove)!
An artery has been opened by the attack and a sensory nerve has been severed!

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to work we go...  dorf style!
I once had my hammerpony (pony mod) adventurer bite a night creature in half.  I immediately dropped my hammer, as I had learned my true calling.  I later walked around with a night creature lower body stuck on my tooth.  Please not tat this was at ZERO biter skill.  The ponies are pretty large tho, so it's not THAT ridiculous.  I also once had my orc swordsman (genesis mod) cut a knight creature in half with his cobalt katana.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 07:24:52 am »

The most amusing I have had so far was a one-legged bowyer smacking a goblin with his crutch when there was a jailbreak from my goblin pit.  Since the bowyer was Danger Room trained previous to his giant badger encounter he actually hit the goblin pretty hard.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 08:01:12 am »

Would it be possible for a tooth to be knocked out, sail off in an arc, and strike someone in the head, jamming the skull through the brain?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:09 am »

I had a dwarf bite a goblin's EYE and shake him by it.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 09:38:01 am »

Would it be possible for a tooth to be knocked out, sail off in an arc, and strike someone in the head, jamming the skull through the brain?

I don't think so. Parts sailing off in an arc don't act as thrown items. It would work however, if one bit the tooth off, so that it stays in the biters mouth, and he THEN threw it at someone. (Read: spat it at someone)

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kerosene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 10:09:56 am »

I had a soldier use his sword to chop the nose off of a deer. Seemed excessive.

Also had a duel between an axedwarf and an antman that lasted 70 pages. The antman was a really good blocker - he lost his spear right at the beginning, but was even able to block the axes and some bolts later that came when I was trying to finish him off.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 06:24:03 pm »

Had a gobbo catch up to a fleeing animal I had pasture-patrolling my front gate and the first instant of combat was "The Goblin Axeman attacks the Stray Ox with his iron great axe but misses!" followed by "The Ox kicks the Goblin Axeman with his front left hoof, jamming the skull into the brain through the iron helm!"

Oxes are hard core in this game.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 09:09:30 pm »

The war Tiger grabs The Goblin Pikeman by the nose with her right front leg!
The Goblin Pikeman stabs The war Tiger in the head with his ({iron pike}), tearing the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The war Tiger has been knocked unconscious!
The ({iron pike}) has lodged firmly in the wound!
Durikc Ontrath, war Tiger (Tame) has been struck down.

Clearly a goblin that is not a fan of animals.   ...Or that old "Hey, I got your nose!" joke.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 07:23:57 am »

My MC running berserk, killing 30 dwarfs and being stopped by a legendary miner:
Urist McMiner hits the Swordsdwarf in the lower body piercing the liver with his Steel Pick.
The Swordsdwarf bled to death.

Epic save... 7 dwarfs alive... 4 of them in hospital :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15