Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 26551 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

3rd Obsidian, 200

When I suggested building a sanctuary on a volcano island, I expected to be laughed at. And I was.

I expected a little support from the fringe members of our society. And I got it.

I never expected to actually set out and do it. But I did.

So here we are, the seven of us, sailing across the ocean on a rented human vessel.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go be seasick.

1st Granite, 201
We've arrived.

This isn't going to go well, is it?

Spoiler: dorf profiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: succession rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the lists (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:36:44 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:30 am »

Well, that seems interesting.

Dorf me as the mason and sign me up for turn 5, please.
Have a dwarven day.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:07 am »

6x6?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:56 pm »

6x6?

I can barely run a 2x2 embark.... I guess I'll watch this from my couch
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:39 pm »

Hmmm... Give me a turn. :P And can you Dwarf me as Oddom Mozibustuth?
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »

(FYI I did mod the game a little. Took out exotics and... tweaked cats a bit. o.o)

9th Granite

We've decided to carve out our home next to the volcano, for two reasons. First, magma. Second, and I'll admit more important (what blasphemy am I speaking?), we need to get through the aquifer somehow, and they seem to dry out near volcanoes. So that's good.

Though I didn't know that. I expected to be obsidianizing our way through it. I'm not complaining, though.

7th Slate

We've got a farm up. So we probably won't starve.

2nd Felsite

So I drew up plans for a magma foundry. And the miners jumped right on it.

I asked if they thought maybe it would be a good idea to finish up the dining and sleeping areas first. They said "nah, this is better". Weirdos.

Summer has arrived on the calendar.

19th Hematite
We've got migrants.
The main thing I noticed was that one was a furnace operator. We're about to find that very useful.

Autumn has arrived on the calendar.
1st Limestone
Looks like I didn't check in all summer. Whoops. Not much happened, anyway. We just finished the dining area, dug out some new bedrooms.

18th Sandstone
why won't you do anything????????

oh hey migrants.
... That's it? Just those two? We need more hands, people!

27th Sandstone
Protip: Rabbits are, in fact, grazers. (like i care about some bunny)

15th Timber
The caravan is here to trade. Yayyy.

Winter has arrived on the calendar.
1st Moonstone
Every single idiot in this fort is wasting their time running around putting things in stockpiles argargargarg do useful things dangit

25th Moonstone
All the stuff rotting in the butcher shop... more kitchens, process it faster... wait. That only works if we have more cooks. Damn it.

10th Opal
Doors. Doors! Ahaha. (doors)

Spring has arrived on the calendar.
1st Granite, 202
I've had it. I don't know what I did wrong, but this fort is a complete logistical nightmare. There's nothing about it that makes any sense, and I'm foisting the whole mess on the next dwarf I see. Is that goukaryuujin? Hey you! You're the new overlord! take this away from me pleeeeeeeeease.

(Here's the save. I really don't know how I messed up the workforce so bad. =/)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »

Ill get right to work, and ill see if i can get the workforce working up to specks  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:44 pm »

For reference, our only neighbors are the dwarves, and that's on the standard "if they can't get there how did you get there" technicality.

This means that our only sources of Fun are the wildlife and the HFS. And our own incompetence.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:45:36 pm »

you could have said that earlier! i allready have the beginings of magma traps and anti-siege devices!  :(

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:56:56 pm »

1st of Granite, 202

I cant belive i accepted billybobfred's offer! I thought that the freaking fortress wasnt in such a sorry state! By Armok, the fortress is in dissaray! My god! I just got a report that billybobfred was even throwing precious flux into a garbage pile! I must make some changes to this fort immediatly!

8th of Granite

I have just been informed by the miner that they found damp stone. Hmmm what to do.... maybe a well... yes, a well sounds nice.. especially a finely crafted one.... Now where did that miner go....?

26 of Granite
Migrants! just when we need more workers! 21 of the bastards! Hazah!

Slate
Absolutely nothing is happening! NOTHING. NADA! ZIP! BY ARMOK SOMTHING HAD BETTER HAPPEN SOON!

Falsite
Noting again!!! Im going stir crazy here! and we all know what stir crazy overseers do! MEGA PROJECTS! LOTS OF THEM!

-thus ends the spring journal entry.-
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:19:58 am by goukaryuujin »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 12:08:22 am »

Posting to watch. This seems interesting.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 12:58:54 am »

I will take turn 3 if that is alright.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 06:39:13 am »

neat fort.
posting to watch, or maybe dorf me as a soldier.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:06:23 am »

For reference, I was dumping the flux to get it out of the stockpiles. If I had actually wanted to get rid of it, I'd have dumped it in the magma, instead of a "garbage dump" that is right next to all the other stockpiles.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:08:33 am »

ok, ill dorf you in kerlc, and that does make alot more sense than what i thought you were trying to do billybob  :P

On another note, ill probably get the next season in tonight, because i have stuffs to do this morning.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17