Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 26809 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 05:39:08 pm »

posting to watch. i would've taken a turn but i'm not sure if my PC could handel a 6x6 embark.(it would probably end up being a !!computer!!)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 05:43:40 pm »

posting to watch. i would've taken a turn but i'm not sure if my PC could handel a 6x6 embark.(it would probably end up being a !!computer!!)

Right now im runing it on a laptop, and the framerate is olny suffering a tiny bit after the whole 21 migrants thing. and i think that slaughtering about half the pupies would help clear up the problem quite nicely at that..... hmmmmmmm
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 12:08:07 am »

1st of Hematite
I have freed up all non essentials in the workforce, and have assined 12 puppies to be butchered, damned things are freaking everywhere! And i have asked the smiths to make more picks, we are going to need them.

12th of Hematite
Enough of the picks are done for me to asign more miners to work on flattening the ground around the area i have designated for the megaproject. And when they are done, the strip mining of the mountain shall begin! <insert insane laugh here>

the rest of Hematite - 2nd of Galena
Two deaths from the miners, but they are promplty replaced by five migrants, who are imediatly conscripted into the builder's core. On another note, a poor dwarf has gone fey and wont even ask for a workshop! I shudder at thinking about how tormented that dwarf must be...

8th of Galena
The poor dwarf has gone stark raving mad! I just hope she ends her suffering soon....

30th of Galena
Damn... Two more deaths and a few unconcious miners... We may have many now, but if this keeps up at this rate, there arnt going to last long.... Ill start mining out a hospital room off of the central stockpile and connect it to the well. I just hope that I will be able to get this at least started before my reign is over without wasting too many more good dwarves....

-Thus ends the summer journal -
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 12:23:08 am »

mmmmm..... pup-PIE!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 06:10:29 am »

dwarf me in as the doctor hatz
but i won't have a turn as i have barely reached the caverns in my game
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:18:54 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 01:57:46 pm »

For some reason, smaller worlds have better FPS, so this world is medium-size instead of my usual extra-large. (Really, what's the point in generating an extra-large world if I'll only ever have one fort in it?)

Dunno how much of a difference it makes, though. I'm just regurgitating stuff I heard once.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:35 pm »

I think this would accually be one of the best places for you to learn, with no sieghs and whatnot running around trying to ruin your day.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »

Right now im runing it on a laptop, and the framerate is olny suffering a tiny bit after the whole 21 migrants thing. and i think that slaughtering about half the pupies would help clear up the problem quite nicely at that..... hmmmmmmm

your laptop is mostly likely better than my PC. but enough derailing, i'll complain about it some other time.

For some reason, smaller worlds have better FPS, so this world is medium-size instead of my usual extra-large. (Really, what's the point in generating an extra-large world if I'll only ever have one fort in it?)
Dunno how much of a difference it makes, though. I'm just regurgitating stuff I heard once.

huh, i've never heard that... i'm going try a 6x6 embark and see how it runs, i'll take a turn if my FPS turns out to be decent.

EDIT:

well i tried and my FPS hovered around 20, and that was in an almost flat area with just the starting 7, i'd hate to see what 30 or so dwarves and a mountain would do to this machine.. so i'll just be here for the read, but if i may i would like to request to be dwarfed as a mason/engraver/architect. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:07:31 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 11:43:40 pm »

11th of Limestone
The hospital is dug out, but apon telling the haulers to place beds inside of it, they promptly told me we had none! I promptly told the nearest jobless dwarf that he was the new carpenter and that i wanted twenty beds NOW. on the other hand, the graves are being dug out quite nicely, and should be done within a week, unless they get busy with the ore veins again.

25th of Limestone
Leveling of the last layer has begun, my project will begin soon! Now that i think about it, my rein as overseer will be ending soon... I just hope I can get it started....

7th of Sandstone
Billybobfred has been taken by a fey spirit! I fear for his sanity after what happened to the last one. May the gods help him with his work.... He proceeds to claim a mechanics workshop! The bastard has hope yet! He grabbed a hunck of Galena! We shall have our first artifact! Hazah!

11th of Sandstone
an Uker! The Clod of Waves! Billybobfred has come through!

Nothing too fancy, but its simplicity is its beauty.

28th of Sandstone
seven migrants have come to the fort, all who dont have sufficent skills for infastructure jobs in the fortress immediatly get conscripted into the builders core. And on that note, i order more pickaxes.

14th of Timber
A trade caravan! We shall have more supplies than ever! HAZAH!

1st of Moonstone
We are still hauling goods out to the trade depot, and the damned broker is still sleeping! the bastard. And the end of my rein is drawing deathly close........ and the project is barely even started.... I may have to leave the clearing for the next overseer. Damn...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wont have another update until sunday or monday night, just to worn you guys.  :(

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 01:11:00 am »

I think this would accually be one of the best places for you to learn, with no sieghs and whatnot running around trying to ruin your day.
Nah i just want to explore the cavern a bit for a while
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 09:15:22 am »

Whoo, I'm legendary!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 06:56:10 pm »

Dorf me as anything and anyone.
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 04:22:02 am »

would it be too much to ask  for my dorf to be a marksdorf?

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 10:29:10 pm »

would it be too much to ask  for my dorf to be a marksdorf?
Your allready dwarfed as a rusty swordsdwarf

Whoo, I'm legendary!
no, your mood didnt up your skill for some reason, so your still dabbling.  :(

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »

neato! SWORDS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17