Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: unknown material  (Read 1061 times)

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
unknown material
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:11 pm »

one time I found a hamlet that had no one in it not that surprising what surprised me was when I checked the walls it said they are made from a unknown material :o has this happened to anyone else

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unknown material
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:11 am »

Yes, these are ruins. Don't really know what the deal is with the unknown material.
Maybe the unidentified liquids from 40d solidified and were used as building blocks?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:56 am »

The hamlet belongs to no civ so it has no entity definition and the game doesn't know whether to use outdoor wood or underground wood.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:11:16 am »

Yes, these are ruins. Don't really know what the deal is with the unknown material.
Maybe the unidentified liquids from 40d solidified and were used as building blocks?
Just because you talk about unknown liquids, i can't help recalling i had humans trying to sell me barrels of "liquid" as soon as in .25. I never bought it though.