Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!Science!!  (Read 1168 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
!!Science!!
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »

i know science is a big theme on dwarf mode, but i wonder, beyond testing the sleep capacities of your adventurer if anyone has dared to test anything else in adventure mode.

When i start a new adventurer i will be looking for things to test and i hope my fellow adventurers will also play, not only for FUN (since that is the final goal of every legendary hero) but also for !!Science!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Science!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »

lets see here, we already tested if you can get fat, you can its just a bitch, and we tested weightloss through fire, which if you lose all your fat by melting it then fire can no longer kill you... we do science, its just harder to figure out what to science when you are in first person I think.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:00:18 am »

Try testing how far a human must fall to produce a guaranteed death, and how armor affects it.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:32 am »

Try testing how far a human must fall to produce a guaranteed death, and how armor affects it.
12-z fall defeinitely kills everything no matter the armour. Apparantly, it doesn't event chack the armour just saying "Urist Mcunhappy collides with an obstacle and blows apart" as opposed to reporting compat messages like "Urists Mcunhappy's left cheek taked the full force of the impact, tearing apart the muscle".
On the other hand, 5z fall definitely just makes the combat reports and decides the victim's outcome based in them, so it's just 7 cases to check