Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Halo 4, Halo 1 remake, both announced  (Read 10150 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 4, Halo 1 remake, both announced
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:01 pm »

I was running Halo 2 on PC back when it was released for it. I think I might have pirated it, I can't really remember. The issue may be there's no MP support for it anymore, I seem to recall something about that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:34 pm »

Ah, okay, so the PC version wouldn't likely work on XP then.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

Halo 2 released IIRC back when Vista was just making in roads. I ran it on XP at the time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 08:16:23 pm »

How can Halo 4 happen? The storyline ended, the war ended, the flood was eradicated, end of story.

The Human-Covenant war's over, yes, but the Flood aren't eradicated. Keep in mind, the Flood are contained on all the Halo rings, among other places, and i very highly doubt that every single Flood organism was present at or near the Ark by the time Installation 04-B fired. Not to mention they arrived from somewhere beyond the Milky Way Galaxy, meaning there could be more out there that even the Forunners didn't know about.

Most likely the Flood will feature heavily, hopefully they're implemented well this time.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:03 pm »

impemented well? i dont know about you, but the library scared the shit out of me in the first one
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »

impemented well? i dont know about you, but the library scared the shit out of me in the first one

Good for you :). Unfortunately, most people (including myself) hate that level. Repeatedly fighting the same 3 enemy types doesn't work well, whereas the Covenant are more varied.

But hey, Halo 3, Halo Wars, and the Halo Legends episode "Origins" shows other types of Flood, hopefully 343 will put them all to use.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:06:26 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »

Or they can just make up new kinds. Any lovecraftian horror can be given new forms.

Chances are that they'll just make up some reason as to why the Covenant is still fighting humanity or some shit.

Also, if Bungie did not want another game to be made, they should've either:
A. Killed Master Chief off.
--OR--
B. Had him come back to Earth with the Abriter to HAPPIALY EVAR AFTAR.

Instead, at the end of Halo 3 (This is if the difficulty was Legendary, mind you.) they clearly show that the Master Chief is not dead and goes into a cryo pod.
They also insert the line "Wake me when you need me" which is just screaming "SEQUEL BAIT".

Damn it, Bungie. You should've of just choosen A or B. Instead you try to make the clearly dead trilogy. linger. (Not that Reach was bad.)
If there are going to be any new Halos, then do NOT use the Master Chief. Just close his story up, for heavens sake.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

Clearly, Bungie wanted another game to be made then. The Human-Covenant war is done, all over, that trilogy's done. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:21 pm »

Clearly, Bungie wanted another game to be made then. The Human-Covenant war is done, all over, that trilogy's done. Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy.

*Implying a Halo 5 and 6*
Fuuuuuu...

Sometimes I think companies get too weighed down with their cash cows. A series can not go on forever, and trying to make it will over time degrade the quality. At least with anything that is just a name, and some common themes, like the Legend of Zelda, and Final Fantasy, they can start fresh each time. Trying to force continuality is a bitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]