Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Antman's Trophies  (Read 1335 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
The Antman's Trophies
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:17:42 am »

I made an antman adventurer, and when I retired him and found him again later, I noticed he had a lot of shit. I spoke to him, and asked him about his profession to get his kills while comparing his inventory. THIS GUY HAS A CROWN/EARRING/AMULET/BRACELET/RING MADE OUT OF EVERY THING HE HAS EVER KILLED! (Human hair crown made me lol)

Also, while I'm here, if I retire an adventurer with companions, do those companions stay with him? As in, can I get my current character's demon and gobbo friends back later, along with my current adventurer and the previous antman?

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Antman's Trophies
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 01:15:17 pm »

I'm sure they won't still be your companions, but they might become members of the site. Make a backup and try it?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »

Actually I should try that. Retire a bunch of DEMON_7 in the starting town. It's fast, and eventually they'll be full up on humanoid demons.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:53 pm »

The adventurer companions retire to the same town, where they can then be picked up by future adventurers.  What I've noticed is that sometimes when I reactivate an old adventurer, if his companions are still in the same town when he is loaded up they will immediately start following him again.

Edit:  On the 'human hair crown', I suppose it makes sense that an antman might want a toupee for disguise purposes?  Or just because he's a twisted sonofabitch...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »

When I retired with my demon companion, he disappeared for a while.  I later found him at a cave.  That was a slightly older version, though.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »

Yeah, sometimes you can come out of retirement with a massive amount of bling, depending on the civ your adventurer is from.

Any companions you retire with, will snap right back to your side if you pick him up again, as they not only settle wherever you settled, but retain their companion status, however that works.

Any adventurer you retire can be recruited, might vary if your retiree is much more powerful or famous then your new guy, but I've recruited super-awesome legendary-hero companions of the retiree like any old soldier with a nobody adventurer. I think the game got rid of status-based recruiting and now only counts fame as the limitation of who and how many you can recruit. I'd guess you can recruit your Herculean-uber-doombringer adventurer sort retiree with any talentless outsider human adventurer, so long as you don't already have 2 other followers with you, as appropriate for your fame level.

If you are scarce on comrades in advent mode, you can simply create your own army by creating and retiring adventurers in a single town or fortress and then swoop by and recruit them all.

You can also recruit caravan guards if you abandoned a dwarf fort when they were on the map.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:16 am »

i'm planning an antman hive army led by a queen.  8)

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 02:52:22 pm »

If you are scarce on comrades in advent mode, you can simply create your own army by creating and retiring adventurers in a single town or fortress and then swoop by and recruit them all.

sounds like a good way to get them some gear too.
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:09:53 pm »

sounds like a good way to get them some gear too.

That it is. In 40d, you could also recruit dwarf mode soldiers, that were in migrant groups on the map after you abandoned it. I've tested it in the current version and could never find any migrant group or trace of the former residents, even though legend mode says they exist.

My plan is to build a dwarf fort, produce ample amounts of glorious arms and armor, then create some adventurers, grab some gear, level a bit and retire them, repeat. Build an elite team of guys and go dispense sweet justice on the evils of the world.