Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can I cut off my own toe?  (Read 11091 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: Can I cut off my own toe?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 05:39:48 pm »

I would cut off my arms and attack with a sword using my mouth!  :P
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »

Well, My question is, Is there a way to attack yourself (Besides fire and cliffs and hoping an animal will get it done) in ANY way? I thik Toady should add it that one of the Capital I things for a weapon is Attack self and you could chose the body part. And obiously not miss... That would be... odd "Dwarf attacks dwarf but he jumps away." Or. "You collide with you and tumble to the ground" Or whatever. Anyway, yah, attacking self would be cool
Hello. Have a nice day.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »

I agree. I think it should be put in because I immagine adventurers stuck in the middle of nowhere with a rotting toe spewing pus would not just sit there and die.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

I'd like to rip out my teeth to make a set of false teeth for myself.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:08 pm »

"Need a hand?!"

The spinning Urist McAmputee's hand strikes the goblin lasher in the head, tearing the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing the brain.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 07:47:34 am »

Combine with certain mods...

The spinning your phallus strikes the Pikeman in the phallus, the severed part flies off in an arc!

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 04:10:14 pm »

You could be the ultimate cripple! Running faster then a cheetah on your crutches!
It should also be possible to carve images and words on yourself, or on someone else...
This an Urist Mcnazi head it bears a Swastika, a symbol of Nationalsozialistische Arbeiterpartei, a local Human government
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 06:45:57 pm »

You should be able to order Dwarfs to do this in Fortress mode.  That way, if you can't come up with anything to trade, you can send every dwarf's right pinky as an offering to the king.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 06:14:10 pm »

I think self mutilation should be an option, mainly for when in a tough situation and using your arm as a weapon, and for cutting off infected parts.
Yes, I can see how trading in an edged weapon strong enough to sever an arm for said arm could prove advantageous.
Seriously though, self-mutilation would be good. Even better would be an ability to swing your weapon at anything reachable. Mining and wood cutting comes to mind.
Screw swords and daggers, severed limbs are all the rage for todays weaponry.
I'd rather cut off my own left arm and beat someone with it than to have to use my own fists to beat them to a pulp.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 10:12:36 pm »

Man this would be a much better option then "Give into starvation" which really isn't relevent atm, since you don't need to eat in the lastest versions
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:27 am »

I would like this so I could be the Black Knight!

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 05:58:48 am »

One day, in a few years, I shall play an engraver who cuts his ear off and sends it to the lady of his choice.
At which point I will come back here and revive this thread.  :D
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:09 pm »

One huge silly feature/bug I foresee:
Being able to cut off your neck or eyelids with a sword held in your mouth.. or your wrists with a sword held in the hand the wrist's attached to. Which would be tricky.

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 12:36:23 am »

Can someone please add amputation, i deeply resent infected toe nails.

The guy claiming to have never gotten an infection is correct, you don't get infections UNLESS your nail is cracked, well, you can get infections, but only if you get hurt and speed some hours training wrestling on a retarded bear, rolling around in muddy swampland until night falls rather than resting. (I have done this, and did get an infection from a mere scratch)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 02:51:32 am by gislegron »
Pages: 1 [2]