Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: RTD - Exorcists![turn 6] I SHALL SMITE THEE!  (Read 7704 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile

The blade, hammer or .....knuckles?

NOTE: some of you may have missed or didn't read at all but for the moment the turns last 1 week for RTD purposes, this will change after you all have chosen a profession.

Ahhh the first week, many of the students are exploring their new home for the moment and some are socializing with new people. But apart from that also the lessons has started, within the first week there were already people who come late. It's not like the school cares about those who don't want to be exorcists and instead focuses onto the people who try to do their best. For the whole week all of you have learned about the Paladin.
here is the summary of all the lessons you have from Mr. Abelgeiser the priest.

Paladin
The paladin is a warrior that fights demons with close range weaponry, they often also use their faith in god to empower their weapons while they slay their demonic foes.
They are the masters of swords,axes,blunt weapons and knuckles but they also use mighty shields to protect themselves from demon harm. Most paladins choose 1 weapon to focus on but there are cases where they preferred 2 weapons with great succes.
Axes: Do hacking damage and are often used by Paladins for their limb cutting needs
Swords: Do Slashing damage , used to slash opponents instead of decapitating them.
Blunt Weapons: Do crushing Damage , they crush bones/limbs/muscles to prevent your enemies from escaping or moving further.
Knuckles: Do Bashing damage , knuckles are always combined with holy powers for very quick but strong punches that don't hinder yourself.

Paladins can specialize in 1 of the 3 divine paths to aid them in combat.
Path of Adgredere: These powers give you huge boosts in close combat.
Path of Defensio: These powers give you massive defense boosts in combat.
Path of Libra: These powers give you a balance between attack and defense boosts in combat.

They also get access to the heaviest armors and the most fearsome weapons in the Astarte Empire ,trough all the empire paladins are also known as brave and courageous warriors.
Light Armor: Gives you 2 armor points
Medium Armor: Gives you 4 armor points
Heavy Armor: Gives you 6 armor points
Legendary armor: Gives you 8 armor points

[Armor points are counted like additional health points , but they are always destroyed first before receiving limb and hp damage]

But there is one problem, females cannot be Paladins. That was decided by the King and the greater Astarte Council for a few important reasons. Those reasons are strength, emotions and mentality. Males are physicly stronger than females , they can gain a much bulkier and muscled body than females with less training. They also go a different set of emotions while females are tender and caring , males are often destructive and hard. Finally they are stronger mentally against psychic demons who try to break your mind and then slowly let you die.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Most of the student were quite eager about becoming a paladin , some hated it and would rather be a dragoon or warden but that is the decision of the person himself. The first week passed without any major conflicts but it seems that Gaious is rather popular among the girls for his darker skin color. But for some strange reasons Evan had to leave the academy and instead came Khan Rahl! 

Again im going to repeat post actions that can be done in a week it may be 2
like Find a library and study about X , explore the school etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Players

Khan Rahl (Kilakan)
Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Injuries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bio (click to show/hide)

Cecil Hollands (NightS)

Oswald Greenmoore (Dwarmin)

Frederick TeVoert (Frelock)[Frozen atm)

Gaius O'Hara (Riccto)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:12:15 pm by Jetsquirrel »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Khan Rahl
Characteristics: Large boy, he is tall, strong but also a bit fat.  He has blond hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin.  His arms and legs are a network of scars ranging from animal bites and knives, to burns, and huge cuts from working in dangerous areas.
Inventory:Bag of Sweets, Great-Great-Grandfathers Battleaxe, Hardy Work Clothes

Bio:Son of a farmer, he never got along well with his brothers or parents, and often worked in shadier parts of town when the farm didn't need work, he disliked expensive items, so tended to spend his extra money on food, as such he grew taller, stronger, and fatter the the rest of his siblings.  He was sent from his home town for stabbing a man, who he caught trying to burn his families barn, the man is fine however.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:31:59 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kila you can make a turn right away
 and don't forget your personal belongings,

EDIT : doh wrote cant instead of can!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:03:56 am by Jetsquirrel »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Go to the Library and study about recent demon incursions
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Might as well go to the target shooting range!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Back, good to see this thing is still going.

Practice climbing around the school's buildings.  Explore the rooftops.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I go with Oswald to the shooting range to practice a bit too with whatever practice weapons they have
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:10:32 am by NightS »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sweet, here's my turn:
Search out some other boys my age and get them to practice Knuckles Fighting with me, practicing what we learned in paladin class.
hah just noticed I'm the youngest.  Cool
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists! [Turn 3]Let's raise hell or calm the Heavens!
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »

Let's raise hell or calm the Heavens!

The second week..... It passed by quite fast for all the students, new friendships were made and some lost but that's normal. Not much happened in the school boundaries but you all have heard,red or even watched news about demon attacks in the Northern Lands. The normal people think that the demon attack rate is increasing but the royalty and church aren't confirming anything to prevent panic throughout the nation.But in Cathedral you have learned he whole week about Wardens, many found this profession intriguing and interesting. But it's up to you to decide. Oh and you got the lessons from the principle himself as he is a great warden himself.

Warden
The warden is human that instead of close combat or ranged fighting prefers to call minions from Heaven or Hell to fight for him. He summons those minions by drawing summoning circles and using their own blood to summon them and of course he has to have a good willpower to control them.
There are major differences between the minions of Hell and Heaven expect their look.

Angels
They are the followers of god and the creatures of the heavens, they are calm and pure in their minds. Angels are much stronger in defense of their master and are much easier to control because of their pure nature. If you lose control of them instead of turning against you they simply dissapear in thin air, but they are much weaker in attacking the enemies so Holy Wardens are most seen as protectors.

Demons
These foul creatures are the minions of Satan and are the creatures of Hell , they are destructive and tainted in their minds. Demons are very strong in attacking the enemies which their master wants to be destroyed, they are however much harder to maintain control for because of their demonic nature. If you happen to lose control of them then prepare for a bloody battle if you fail to control them again as they simply will start attacking the closest being to them until either it or the demon are dead. Evil wardens or as called by the people "Hellcallers" or "Heretics" are based towards decisive annihilation of the enemy.

Wardens don't walk around naked in Astarte and there is armor or to be specific robes or light armor crafted for them which have a variety of effects with the exception of  providing much protection. There are a lot of armors for them with much effects so i will explain what a armor does when you find one but they generally go the same as paladin armor but with much much less armor points.

The rituals for summoning aren't safe because you have to use your own blood, the more blood you have the better. Because of that you want to be careful with summoning too much, when you have summoned too much you may experience dizziness, weakness and can even fall unconscious. After using it in extreme amounts there is a possible chance to suffer from fatal Hemorrage thus resulting in a cold death.

After this there is not much to explain, there are also no exceptions for wardens.

Player Turns

Go to the Library and study about recent demon incursions
(Riccto)[3]
You were interested in the recent demon incursions so you wen't and searched for the library and after a day you found one. You learned quite much about the demon incursions from previous century and noticed a pattern that the demons attacked areas where the power of the Church is weaker and quite hard to reach. but aside from that nothing much happended.

Might as well go to the target shooting range!
(Dwarmin) [3]
Interested in shooting you went in search of their firing range and found it in a couple of hours because the sounds aren't hard to miss even with the soundproof glass. At the range you have a large selection of guns/bows and crossbows, you decided to train a bit with the guns and you trained for a week with a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Double_Eagle. It wasn't as easy as it looked but you managed to get some experience with handguns. Gained [1/2 Dabbling Handgun User]

Practice climbing around the school's buildings.  Explore the rooftops.
(Frelock)[1]
Yeah! You wanted to climb so you did for a short while though, it all went well until after the 3rd jump where you slipped from a medium sized roof and broke your [3] arm only! After a quick visit at the nun office and a scolding later you felt that you were lucky and didn't break more. you got broken arm

I go with Oswald to the shooting range to practice a bit too with whatever practice weapons they have
(NightS)[6]
You also felt like going to the shooting range so you followed Oswald also overwhelmed by the sheer choice you had , you choose the crossbows. For a whole week you trained with them and became quite good with them, most of the time you hit the bullseye from a great distance at the target range. you gained [0/4 Novice Crossbow User]

Search out some other boys my age and get them to practice Knuckles Fighting with me, practicing what we learned in paladin class.
(Kilakan)[5]
Since you became interested in the knuckle fighting you wanted to train a bit in it for the future, quickly you found some youngsters your age that were as eager as you were. Together you trained with the help of a tutor which is always there at 1 of the many gyms for a whole week with wooden knuckles and sturdy helms made of special foam to not hurt each other too much. After the week you gained new friends and learned quite a lot about knuckle fighting. You gained [1/2  Dabbling Knuckle User]

Players

Khan Rahl (Kilakan)

Cecil Hollands (NightS)

Oswald Greenmoore (Dwarmin)

Frederick TeVoert (Frelock)

Gaius O'Hara (Riccto)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists! [Turn 3] Let's raise hell or calm the Heavens!
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:43 pm »

Train with Blades with fellow students
Raggle Fraggle

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 03:50:20 am »

Find a computer and practice coding, as well as reading up on cyber-security protocols.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 06:43:58 am »

I ask the shooting range attendant if i can get a crossbow to my room, if i can, i will try to examinate its mechanisms so i know how it works by dismantling it and reassembling it. If i cannot do it, then i go to potions and poisons (alchemy?) classes.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 09:44:15 am »

gather Up the friends I've made from the knuckles training, and get them to come with me to a training course, and make a competition of who can complete the fitness, combat, and agility type training courses the fastest.  Do my best, but be a good sport, attempt to become better friends with them and get to know them while we are competing.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 09:50:35 am »

Study up on the different types of angels and demons, their strengths, weaknesses and temperments.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 10:03:05 am »

"Oswald had known several in his family to practice a profession similiar to what the school had called "Warden"-they called them "Envoys", though. It was not an easy thing-the desire to sacrifice one self to a greater cause was noble, but often misplaced...Wardens who survived their summonings often did not last many years-torn between duty and self preservation, always feeling the urge to see if they could take another cut, bleed a little more for the cause...and eventually, they fucked up. Hellcallers tended to bring down worse evil in their passing then they ever prevented in life, and Wardens tended to spll too much blood and die as martyrs-taking all their summons with them. A careful balancing act between selfishness and selflessness...

Osawld was not that much of a saint."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6