Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: RTD - Exorcists![turn 6] I SHALL SMITE THEE!  (Read 7702 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists![turn 5] The immovable object.
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

See if Claus and Ryan want to study holy powers of the paladins with me.  Spend my time researching paladin powers, specifically those that go with the fist style of fighting.  Continue running in the early morning, study until late afternoon and socialize in the evening
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 02:37:19 pm »

Turn will come tommorow Half way done

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »

Keep working with that, Blade. You can get somewhere with it!

Sorry for not posting a Bio yet, I'll get one up soon.
Raggle Fraggle

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2011, 03:36:27 pm »

Turn Delayed for an day, had a lot of homework so didn't have time to finish it today

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists![turn 6] I SHALL SMITE THEE!
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2011, 04:04:58 pm »

I SHALL SMITE THEE!

The 5th week started with horrible weather, storms are creating trails of destruction in the poor areas of the empire, some rivers are flooding cause of the rain. Fortunately none of these conditions affect Cathedral expect the huge amounts of rain, reason for that is that the Cathedral was designed to withstand the most fearsome storms and floods ever known to mankind and with power-infused walls these are also the toughest walls in the Empire. About the war there isn't much news to be heard , so far the demons haven't returned yet with some bigger army and it seems it will stay that way for a while. But still lesser demons terrorize some areas in the Empire and the order of the Exorcists is doing what they can to get rid of them. This week you have learned about the priest! You learned this from the Headmaster himself which is considered one of the strongest priests still living. Many found this interesting, but those who didn't like it still paid attention cause the Headmaster himself was explaining.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Priest
The priest is considered to be one of the holiest fighters in the Empire ,not using violence but the voice of god himself to smite down the menace called "Demons". Epic tales surround this class as there were a few priests who defeated entire armies of demons and even one who killed the greater demon of Satan known as "Gra'Ak a Nash" which was considered to be the second strongest demon of all-time. But now for their equipment.

Priest have little to no armor expect a robes which they wear to amplify their powers but that doesn't mean you cannot wear heavy or light armor like the Paladin. However if you're not wearing priest robes your holy powers will only be 2x stronger instead of 3x stronger but maybe there are robes which make your attacks 4x stronger? Who knows?
Robes: No armor values, all robes amplify your powers x 3 , there are also robes which have more than power amplifications.

Priest also generally don't have weapons but you can take them if you want instead they wear Tomes with the scriptures of the holy bible which also amplify your powers by x 2. There are different kind of tomes with the standard one being the new bible which contain an variety of spells against different demons, however there are also tomes which specialize towards a group of demons and hurt them more than others.
Tome: Amplify your powers again by x 2 if you're using the standard tome, IF you're using an tome which specializes towards an specific type of demons then its x 3 but when you use spells against any other demon type than the tome describes your powers are increased by 1 x so power level stays the same.

Priests can specialize in the same ways as the Paladin but much much stronger and can choose all 3 of them. But who knows maybe there are more?
Path of Adgredere: These powers give you huge boosts in combat.
Path of Defensio: These powers give you massive defense boosts in combat.
Path of Libra: These powers give you a balance between attack and defense boosts in combat.

But casting powers isn't done always instantly, some spells require multipipe turns or more casters that need to aid in reciting the text from the tome. During this time you're vulnerable because when you get interrupted halfway the whole spell goes to waste, but when you manage to complete it the effect are devastating and can kill most demons instantly.

There are no requirements for this class whatsoever.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Player Turns

Keep working with that, Blade. You can get somewhere with it!
(Riccto)[5]'
The Blade is your passion and you firmly believe that will get better with it as long as you practice with it! You trained the whole week with your friends at the gyms and got better with handling a sword, the instructor also noticed that some students are quite good an offered them special training lessons and you are one of them. He gives you the choice of training into dual-handed blades, dual fighting, one handed and a different variety of other very special types (Ask if you wanna know). You gained [0/4 novice swordsman]

Oswald takes it slow, and decides to make some friends around the school while he gets better. He goes to speak to Barley, too.
(Dwarmin) [4]
After the small incident you had you've decided to take it a bit slower and stop studying, instead you wanted to get some more friends expect the ones in your room. But to be honest you had no idea where to start, but then you remembered. While reading there often was one guy in the library which also studied or at least it appeared like he did, from his looks he did look like an possible friend. So you've went to the library and found him, after talking a bit with him you found out that his name is Turin. Also you've noticed that hes a bit shy even for being an 22 year old male, but with some pushing trough text you made a friend! He did find you a bit strange as you wobbled a bit and sometimes spurted out random text due to the head injury. Also you've heard from some people that there's was this injured one in the infirmary and that apparently he didn't receive any visits. Being curious and also sad for him you wanted to know why he didn't receive any guests, somehow by sheer coincidence you have met Frederick which also happened to go to Barley. Together you went to the infirmary and saw Barley lying in his bed, carefully you approached the fellow. He turned his head towards you and from the looks he was really sad, not wanting to get him crying you both tried comforting him with sweet talks. After he calmed down a bit , you both asked why no one visited him. As he tells you both hear an shocking truth, Barley is an demon-born child , apparently he was saved by an local priest in his area and raised as a perfectly normal child. But the rumors spread very fast about him and he didn't almost have any friends expect 2, which have parted from this world. After the shocking truth you talk with him a bit more and leave, he seemed very happy but is it alright to befriend an Half-demon disguised in a human shell? You gained KNOWLEDGE!

Frederick too will go and visit Barley, poor fellow looks like he could use some company.  Possibly get some running in too if I have the time.
(Frelock)[4]
The whole week you have trained only a little bit but you have gotten better in running and one day you wanted to visit Barley. [See Oswald's turn for information about Barley]

Search for a pair short swords, and practice with them
(Adwarf)[1]
Blades! Knowing that even archers needs some close-combat capabilities you decide to search for a pair of Short swords, you go to the same gym as Gaius O'Hara goes and ask the instructor for a pair of short swords. He looks at you and gets an smirk on his face, "I'm sorry but i can't give you 2 swords yet , first learn to use one then you may consider about two". So you got an sword and start doing strange maneuvers hitting yourself in the process a few times, the rest begins to laugh at you and you feel a bit embarrassed. Feeling a bit down you leave the gym giving the guys an good laugh and some minor bruises. You gained Nothing

See if Claus and Ryan want to study holy powers of the paladins with me.  Spend my time researching paladin powers, specifically those that go with the fist style of fighting.  Continue running in the early morning, study until late afternoon and socialize in the evening
(Kilakan)[3]
Wondering what you want to do this week you decide to study on the holy powers of the paladin, since you know that Ryan and Claus are interested in Paladins you ask them if they'd like to join. However Claus is only willing to come as Ryan has quite an busy schedule at the moment so he also can't train a lot. From the studying you rehearse the things you know but don't learn anything new while doing that, also for the whole week you didn't have the chance to run as you overslept often. At the evenings you did have an great time with your friends playing games, Joking around and doing some other stuff ( Nasty stuff not included). You gained Nothing

Players

Khan Rahl (Kilakan)
Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Injuries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bio (click to show/hide)

Vain Zulers (Adwarf)

Oswald Greenmoore (Dwarmin)

Frederick TeVoert (Frelock)

Gaius O'Hara (Riccto)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Casualty list
Cecil Hollands (NightS)
Spoiler:  Cause of Dead (click to show/hide)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Other information

I myself got a few questions and stuff to say atm. Feel free to answer them and give an honest opinion if you do so.
1. What do you think of this RTD so far?
2. Is there something missing and that you'd like to see?
3. Are there things that could be improved?
4. Should i speed up the RTD timeline by skipping instantly to class choosing?

I'd like to know this stuff as I'm curious what you find and about this.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2011, 08:06:56 pm »

Work on learning more about being a priest and possibly continue visits to Barley when I can find the time.  Learn what sort of path he wants to be on, his reasons for becoming an exorcist, et.ced.

By the way, I'm curious, Jet, if you've ever watched Ao no Exorcist?  It's an anime with some very similar themes to what's going on here.  Multiple classes of exorcists, half-demon raised by a priest, giant school where they all train...

Oh, and as answers to your question, I think you're doing quite well.  Personally, I kinda like the lead-up to the class selection and how you're handling things thus far.  However, will of the group and all that; I'll not contest a majority vote to skip ahead.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:11:26 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2011, 08:09:27 pm »

Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Other information

I myself got a few questions and stuff to say atm. Feel free to answer them and give an honest opinion if you do so.
1. What do you think of this RTD so far?
2. Is there something missing and that you'd like to see?
3. Are there things that could be improved?
4. Should i speed up the RTD timeline by skipping instantly to class choosing?

I'd like to know this stuff as I'm curious what you find and about this.
1. I think its pretty good :)
2. Well, so far none of the classes seem to fit the way I want the player to be :-\
3. Not from what I can see
4. I don't mind, but its up to the others.

Action:

Go back to training with my sword, and try to improve my current (Non)Abilities

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2011, 11:52:07 pm »

Ask about the more Special types of blades.
Raggle Fraggle

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2011, 01:47:04 am »

Ask about the more Special types of blades.

Riccto that's an free ability that doesn't require an action, so you're free to do something else! While i will write up this thing later

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2011, 05:51:57 am »

Work on learning more about being a priest and possibly continue visits to Barley when I can find the time.  Learn what sort of path he wants to be on, his reasons for becoming an exorcist, et.ced.

By the way, I'm curious, Jet, if you've ever watched Ao no Exorcist?  It's an anime with some very similar themes to what's going on here.  Multiple classes of exorcists, half-demon raised by a priest, giant school where they all train...

Oh, and as answers to your question, I think you're doing quite well.  Personally, I kinda like the lead-up to the class selection and how you're handling things thus far.  However, will of the group and all that; I'll not contest a majority vote to skip ahead.

Yes i have watched it because i got the idea from it :P , but i also have a lot of other ideas which i mixed in this. But the storyline is going to be different if i don't somehow end up doing that what they did in the series.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2011, 06:41:27 am »

Hmm...

1. Pretty good, lots of descriptive stuff
2. Nope!
3. Not that I can see.
4. We could do that, if you like...

Action: Express interest to my instructors in being a war priest, possibly following Path of Defensio.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2011, 09:15:15 am »

Look for a trainer in the ways of fist powers.  Try to continue running early morning, and if I have time try and see if any of  my freinds wants to train in something with me.

1. What do you think of this RTD so far?  I like it, it's quite inventive.
2. Is there something missing and that you'd like to see? Not particularly.
3. Are there things that could be improved?  Nope.
4. Should i speed up the RTD timeline by skipping instantly to class choosing?  I'd be in for that myself.
Nom nom nom

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:22 pm »

turn coming up tommorow.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2011, 11:14:41 am »

Locked for the time being due to a very busy schoolperiod
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]