Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bay 12 Battletech challenge!  (Read 1559 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay 12 Battletech challenge!
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:09:15 am »

While we have the 3 vs. 3 match slowly but surely progressing in the other thread, I'd be eager to play against one of you in a separate match.

This one would be a much bigger battle and have both players run dueling AARs.

We could let both players form their armies using either tonnage and/or BV as force size limiters/balancers. We could also use faction RATs(random assignment tables) or free chooses within the faction RATs within tonnage and/or BV limits. Meks, vehicles and battle armor all available. With =< year 3072 units, say 12 000 BV forces are already pretty big but not unmanageable. I'm ready to give whoever wants to play against me a 10% or so advantage in whatever we decide to balance the forces with. Also no we'd play without artillery, c3/c3b/c3i, standard infantry or clantech/mixed units because those are all, depending on the terrain, very nasty to unbeatable if one happens face them without prior experience...

My suggestion is level 1 and 2 (ie. introductory and tournament legal) units only. Canon units only, from year 3072 or prior. Faction or RAT limitations if you so wish! 12 000 BV and 500 tons(or no tonnage limit). Vehicle or OmniMek troop capacity must be provided for all Battle armor. Full Double Blind (= FOV) rules, including fully blind drop (so you have no idea what the opponent brings). TacOps sensor rules in effect, but magmascan banned because it doesnt work as it should(is too good).

Any takers, suggestions or ideas?  :)