Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roll to Change the Genre: TURN 1 (Current Genre: FANTASY)  (Read 2728 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Change the Genre: TURN 0 (Current Genre: FANTASY)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

Perhaps they don't come out of the woods much.

"I'm sorry sir dwarf - as you can perhaps tell, I don't have the money spare to buy myself a drink. It is a sorry state to be in, it's true. Good day."

Leave the inn, search for three suitable stones, use one to chip the other two into sharp edged tools - one a knife and another a spearhead. If GzkGzk has enough time, search for a suitable branch and some twine to cut and turn the spearhead into a spear.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 03:45:05 pm »

Derm sighs. "Well then, is there anywhere around here where one might find some quick employment? A fighters guild branch? A bounty board?"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:48:01 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »

"I'm sorry sir dwarf - as you can perhaps tell, I don't have the money spare to buy myself a drink. It is a sorry state to be in, it's true. Good day."
With a nod, the dwarf returns to his drink. As GzkGzk leaves the tavern, the dwarf can be seen shaking his head and laughing to himself once more.

Derm sighs. "Well then, is there anywhere around here where one might find some employment? A fighters guild branch? A bounty board?"

"Perhaps at the capital, but here? Nay. There may be some work as a farmhand. If you're dead set on fightin', you could talk to Ms. Pratt o'er at the general store. She needs someone to accompany her along the southern road. Her last shipment has gone missing. She damn near ran off looking for it herself, but I told 'er, the werebeasts would rip off her face and gorge on her pretty li'l nose, and I guess that gave her a bit of a pause. Whatever you do, don't let her come to any harm, ye hear?"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:54:39 pm by Nilum »
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

MrBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

James walks out from behind the door of a broom cupboard, fumbling with the brooms awkwardly before giving up and just slamming the door. Many of the townspeople look at him oddly.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 04:55:59 pm »

Derm grinned. "I do not intend to harm the inhabitants of this town. You've no need to worry. Thank you for the information."

Go outside and search for some sort of weapon.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

MrBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »

James just walked past everyone, no embarrassment felt. Upon exiting the tavern, James sees Derm looking for a weapon, and decides 'Well, that's a good idea'
Exit tavern and look for a weapon

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:12 pm »

TURN 1
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Exiting the tavern, Sinclair sits on a patch of grass just outside, briefly blinded by the setting sun. He focuses his mind and the runes on his body begin to glow. His eyes light up as his body floods with magical power, imbuing himself with superior strength and agility. The magic in this world operates off of 'soul energy'. By casting spells, or willing things to happen, you are chipping away at your own lifespan. It is unclear whether this limitation applies to achronous and functionally ageless beings such as the team.
MAGICALLY IMBUED! MAGICAL KNOWLEDGE LEARNED.

GzkGzk, meanwhile, is eager to fashion a weapon with which to defend himself. After some foraging through some bushes, he finds three stones. He sits and using his expert knapping experience, soon wields two sharp stone blades. He stands and begins to search around for some twine or vine, only to realize he's in the middle of the forest. In his quest to find suitable stones, he's become lost. Night is quickly approaching.
SHARP STONES ACQUIRED! KNAPPING SKILL LEARNED.

Derm also seeks a weapon, but is rather less interested in sharp stones. He glances around the town, noting the tavern, the general store, and the line of houses that surround the single road that runs through. Calling this place a town is really a bit of an overstatement. While searching through one poor peasant's yard for an object that may protect his fragile, fleshy body, he trips. During his fall, he notes a rather sharp implement located in his path. With the agility of a cat, he twists his body mid-descent and lands comfortably away from it. Upon further investigation, it's a pair of gardening pliers.
GARDENING PLIERS ACQUIRED! DODGE SKILL LEARNED.

James, also seeking to arm himself, sets off in search of a weapon. Checking behind the tavern, he finds nothing but barred windows, though his eye catches a faint glint in the grass, perhaps from steel? He bends over to investigate. Digging through, he finds a rapidly rusting sword! It's in terrible condition, exceptionally dull, and probably more useful as a bludgeon than a true cutting implement, but it's better than nothing.
RUSTY SWORD ACQUIRED. SEARCH SKILL LEARNED.

Spoiler: Group Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: James (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sinclair (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GzkGzk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:24:45 pm by Nilum »
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Change the Genre: TURN 1 (Current Genre: FANTASY)
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 06:35:47 pm »

Derm looks at the object in his hands and shakes his head. "Worthless as it is. Would hinder me in combat. Modifications necessary."

Derm breaks the two 'edges' away from each other to make a pair of pseudo-daggers.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 06:40:55 pm »

Invigorated by the surging energy, Sinclair attempts to will some robes fitting of his profession into being. he uses his jumpsuit and any nearby metal as materials. If all goes well, they will be made of red cloth and reinforced with a runed chestplate and pauldrons.

(I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to end up naked or on fire by the next turn.)

MrBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 06:50:30 pm »

'Oh, a-a rusty...what is this? Is...is it a sword? Why is it so round? It's more like a club! Well, it can't be too bad, at least I found something...' James trailed off, trying to convince himself this was a worthy weapon.
Search for a sharpening stone

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 12:47:06 am »

"Mutter mutter mutter... Oh well, at least a forest is more like home. Where the did the tall ones go?

Track back carefully and stealthily to the rest of the group, still searching for the materials necessary to finish my spear and to make further spears if possible.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:04:19 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 [2]