Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19025 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 8=- Returned Home - The Conflict
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2011, 01:37:24 am »

Darn you! Talking about running the turn as I start talking about going to sleep... :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 8=- Returned Home - The Conflict
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2011, 02:19:51 am »

Turn 9

Tarran quickly started walking down the stairs after Akhain, reaching the bottom as the crowd started to scatter. He pulled a person from the crowd to him; He recognised the man as Aram Davidyan, from his own division, Eis. After asking what was going on, Aram shrugged slightly, indicating that he didn't know. Akhain walked slowly over to Tarran. "Tarran, you seem like the most level-headed... So I'll tell you first. We have a problem. "Naal is dead." Naal was the leader of Eis, the only leader since Cyphus who refused to differentiate between the two different parts of Zaphain. He was hailed, in his younger years, as the most suitable single person to lead Zaphain since Cyphus, or even the founder himself. And now he was dead. "Rytar and Qarn were fighting because... well, they believe that the other killed Naal." Rytar is one of the Leaders, as is Qarn. Rytar is a Talented, although what his abilities exactly are is unknown. Qarn is a Demonic, and is the first known Demonic to be able control his abilities without a Limiter Seal. Together with Naal, they were known as the Powerhouse Trio of Zaphain. A lot of people believed they were the next 'Revolution' of Zaphain, as both the founder and Cyphus were. Understandably, this would put a lot of the organisation into Chaos. Raizen was also in range to hear what Akhain said.

Zack ran up to the group to find news of his master, but found that he was dead. Solum enlightened the young Demonic, in the mean time sharing a theory of his, without really meaning too. Zack throws some venomous words at Shadow Cyphus, before summoning an imp which dissapears shortly after receiving instructions. He then chases off after the Leaders... before realising they went seperate ways. He chases after Rytar, the Talented. He started to deliver a speech about how fighting is for worthy causes, not infighting. Rytar turned around, a dark look on his face. Zack finished his speech, and started to threaten him. At this point, Rytar was done. Within a split second, the back of his hand impacted into the young Demonic's face. "Are you stupid? I'm on the council; You're a nobody. What's more, I could wreck you. I could break every bone in your Demonic body with a single hand, a single FINGER! And you? You would have to go 100% to even have a CHANCE, to touch me, if anything!" He swung his body back, in a fluid motion, his fist pulling back. Zack was still reeling from the first blow, unable to react. Rytar started to throw his punch, but stopped half way. "... You're one of Naal's aren't you..." He sighed, straightening up. "Look, Kid... learn your place. Naal was a great man; As one of Eis, you have to live up to that name. When you're older and have a full grasp on your powers, feel free to come and make good on those threats. Untill then, know that... You are not on my level. You have no right to speak to me like Naal did, so just leave." He started walking away again, his hands in the pockets of his black pants.

Scott watched the others from a bit behind the main group, because he wasn't sure what to do now.

Kaguro and Bread wandered off, disinterested in staying with the group now.

Spoiler: HQ Options (click to show/hide)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 9=- Death of an Idol
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2011, 02:49:49 am »

"Well, shit." Tarran rubbed his head. "Is there any way we can solve this? Send them both on a mission together, with no help, and hope they kiss and make up?"

"What's the worst case, considering they both fight, and/or one kills the other? All out civil war?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2011, 02:58:30 am »

*mumbles*"...killed, hmm...? ...well obviously if you'd want to disrupt such a polarized group, you'd target whatever keeps them together...and even if one were to find a third party to be responsible, that wouldn't be enough to unite them... Why thehechk am I even thinking about this?"

Here's your hat, magnifying glass and pipe :P

Haha... *walks off to a random direction*

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2011, 03:08:11 am »

Akhain sighed. "I... I just don't know. They will solve it in the end, It always fixes itself, but for now we need to be worrying about... Well, our Division. Without Naal on the council, Eis will degrade. We need a new Division Leader, And there really isn't anyone suitable. The only one with enough seniority would've been Renard, but that wouldn't have flew well with the council. Everyone else is too junior, and all potential, no power." He glanced at Tarran, then to the others, then back to Tarran. "No Offense."

Like the shadow he... it... is, Shadow-Cyphus rose up out of the ground, coils of black smokey shadow-substance rising around Akhain. "You could take up the mantle, you know..." It managed to whisper out before Akhain lashed out, scattering it, his own skin surrounded by the smokey glow signifying his own Shadow-Self. "Shut up, you... You may have been Cyphus Leroe once, but you have no say now." A small chuckle came from the Shadow as it dissipated once more. Akhain shook his head sorrowfully. "Look, go find something to do. I need to sort out this business about Naal's death... Wrap my head around it." He strode off, a scowl on his face, leaving Tarran to do what he liked.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 03:20:56 am »

Go to the Armoury in the most generic way possible. And when I arrive there, mess up all signs that say "Armoury" to instead say "Armory" because AMERICA IS BESTEST.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 07:28:26 am »

Aram idly watched his fingers shake. It had started this morning, and only gotten worse as the day had gone on. He closed his eyes and let his hand drop inside his coat pocket once again. He was needing to take more and more every day. He'd started looking into using his Talent to manufacture the drugs inside his bloodstream the other day. It would spare him from the disgusted glances and smirks he was subjected to around here.

It was not like he couldn't stop taking the pills. He just saw no need to. Aram smiled to himself and pulled his head back, letting the pills roll inside his mouth. They felt good on his tongue.

The drugs settling in, Aram felt his mind clear up. He'd been wandering around aimlessly thus far, but finally found a purpose. Or atleast a direction.

Aram heads for the Armoury

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2011, 08:12:57 am »

Solum watched Zack leave to confront one of the leaders, then stopped leaning on the wall and looked around. He had things to do... like look into the possibilities he had described to Zack. He didn't trust Rytar to give him a straight answer - the Talented weren't exactly inclined to be favorable towards the Demonic, which was frustrating - so he went to find Qarn. The man was much higher up in the organization than he was; if he felt like helping a fellow Demonic out, maybe he could provide some answers towards the events of the day - both his confrontation with Rytar and the possibility of his unit being sent on a suicide mission. With Leto being in Eis under Rytar, the possibility was quite high, now that he thought of it. All the Talented thought of the Demonic as 'second-class citizens.' Normally this didn't concern him in the slightest, but after the fight earlier...

Yes, I am trying to destabilize the organization. :P I am, anyway. Solum's just paranoid.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2011, 08:31:05 am »

Naal was the leader of Eis, not Rytar.

Quote from: Myself
A Talented, the leader of Jaik, one of the divisions of Zaphain, and the other, A Demonic, the leader of Naz, another division.

Naal is the guy who died.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 24, 2011, 08:37:11 am »

I'm going to chalk that one up in character as Solum being Solum and OOC as me waking up too early because my dog doesn't know when to shut the hell up. >.>

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »

Zack stood up, and began walking towards the Training Grounds, and as he did so he said to himself "This place needs a leader, and Cyphus is not an option nor is Akhain I forsee that the position would drive him towards the path of greed, and lead him on a search of power. I will take up my Master's place now, and eventually I will become one of the Council only then can I fix this organization that has become of a weak, and corrupted. Before that I will need power, and my powers can give me that if I can learn to control my sealing powers I can even defeat the demons the council themselves can't." Once again his powers flared as his right arm took on its demon form, and he summoned a small Hellhound the size of a puppy. He looked down at it, and said "Nicholas go patrol the compound if anything intresting happens infrom me." With that the Hellhound ran off, and as he did, so a tag with the name 'Nicholas' shined on a collar around his neck.

Go to the training grounds, and try to use my sealing powers.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2011, 07:02:43 am »

Waiting on Riccto, I believe we are. I shall PM him!

What more do you need?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

Scott, Still tensed up walked off for the training grounds to a bit of target practice
Raggle Fraggle

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »

Well, Talarion said there is a space free so I'm going to join

Name: Taylin
Personality: Wary of others, yet impulsive in actions, he will go to great lengths to deal with someone who harmed him or someone he had decided to protect
Physical Description: An imposing 6 foot, 5, Taylin also has neck length hair and dresses plainly. He exudes an aura that seems to say "don't f**k with me"
Background: He trusted the wrong person in his childhood, and was hurt badly for it, if he ever saw that person again, the remainder of that person's short life would be filled with pain
Abilities: Talent - Thermo-kinesis, the ability to manipulate and move around temperatures, physical contact not required, this comes with an innate sense of the temperatures around him
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2011, 05:51:40 am »

Turn 10

Tarran had a short conversation with Akhain, before heading to the armoury, alongside Aram. At the armoury, there were various pieces of weaponry and armour, all of them interesting. But, as they looked around, the Quartermaster looked towards them. "Oh, you're from Eis... Unless you have a token to redeem, you can't get anything. Getting special items from the armoury required a token from a division leader. And since Naal died... Well, you'd need a token from before his death, or get one from another division leader -  Which you'd actually have to work for, rather than just formally ask.

Solum walked off after Qarn, thinking that if he were to talk to either of them, he'd rather talk to a Demonic. He caught up a few minutes after, to find Qarn sitting, resting against a wall, eyes closed. "What do you want?" He looked towards Solum, opening his dark eyes. Solum looked back and stated his questions. The first was about the fight. "Haven't you heard the 'rumours'? That bastard... he accused me of killing Naal. I wouldn't on my life... but that bastard must be trying to cover his tracks. He did it, I'm convinced. I'm going to kill him, I don't care... I just don't. Now leave." But Solum stayed, persisting. "What about my team's mission? It was a suicide mission." Qarn snorted. "Obviously not, kid. You're alive." After a pause, Qarn started talking again. "No. We don't do suicide missions. You were on Akhain's squad, right? He was literally sent out immediately. It was set-up, sure, but not for the reasons you think. Between you and me? Akhain is going to be your next leader. We know he's descended from Cyphus himself, and he's strong. He has a trait of being... uncorruptible. Everyone agrees about that. He was also Naal's disciple... Naal's will. You were sent on that mission with him because we knew that the Demon Lord could unlock his latent abilities... And, well, Naal asked it. Rytar and I were quick to support him, and everyone else was undecided." He sighed. "I just don't know anymore... Come here." He stood up, and put his hand on Solum's forehead, his power flooding into Solum's head, before receeding. Various snippets of knowledge about how to control the inner demon remained, however, and Solum felt more in control. "There, now leave."

Zack ran off to the training grounds after his encounter with Rytar, finding Scott there, blasting a target dummy into ashes. He quickly tried to sync... but due to his inexperience in controlling his demonic blood, the energy implodes and reverts his powers into non-sync. Huh.

Scott blasted some more training dummies. He was actually improving the power of his shots! Awesome.

Taylin is still wondering about the fight, but sees people from his division heading off in different directions.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24