Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 18970 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 8=- Returned Home - The Conflict
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »

Hooray this is back.

"If I had to guess, we've got a sort of civil war brewing. This ain't good."

Ask some random NPC about what is going on.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2011, 04:09:14 pm »

...not a civil war... looks more like some sort of deep-seated rivalry between two factions of Zaphain. Good thing our group is nothing like that... [/snark]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2011, 04:21:41 pm »

"Well, that might as well be civil war of a sort, considering their leaders are starting to have friction."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2011, 04:28:29 pm »

"True... The way I see it, one of two things will happen...

Either the group will split up in two, and the splinter groups will try their worst to make each other's life as hard as possible, or a powerful, common enemy will appear that will force them to work together and teach them that they cannot live without each other, the values of teamwork, yaddayadda...

Either way, this means trouble..."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2011, 05:03:48 pm »

A young man comes running out of a side tunnel, and begins to yell in the direction of the group "Hey Master ....." As he nears the group the words fade away, and he stares at the small group looking at them five times each before saying "Where is Master he should have come back with you guys ?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 15, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »

"Who?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:00 pm »

There was only one person who hadn't made it back, although at least one of the others was leaving now. "Your master's dead, kid." Leto leaned against the wall and crossed his arms. "We're probably lucky he was the only loss." He glanced at Raizen out of the corner of his eyes. Coward's got the right of it. Change is coming... can't say I like the idea of it, but who knows. Maybe the Demonic faction will mop the floor with those Talented jackoffs and we won't have to put up with their petty, suspicious bullshit. It will be a lot safer that way. Solum wasn't one for infighting - or anything that hampered his chances of being a survivor - but sometimes it was the only way to clear the air. He eyed the kid. "So what's your deal?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »

The young man punches the wall, his powers flaring slightly, and it cracks, and splinters with a shard slicing into his hand, and a bea dof blood dropping to the floor. He looks at Leto, and replies "I am Zack, Renard saved my life, and tried to save my mothers. He was like a father to me since he took care of me from the time I my mother passed away." He flicks his eyes to the shadows fiqure, and says "This is your doing isn't it that special seal of yours was more than it appeared to be, Master knew that yet he didn't destroy it like he could have. Didi he say anyhting to you involving me ?" At this point Zacks powers calm down, but the horns on his head remain.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:09 pm »

Scott casually watches, his hands in his pockets but he's tensed after watching the display, people passing close to him may feel the occasional jolt or so
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2011, 02:04:52 pm »

"...Are you speaking to me, child? Or to it?" Leto asked casually, flicking his yellow eyes towards the shadow. "I heard no last words. Your master died fighting a demon lord... which, frankly, is why I said we're lucky we lost only him. I have the sneaking suspicion something is up around here... the shadow showing up when it did to assist us in the battle cannot be a coincidence... hmm. Akhain said he gathered our group at random, which is why we didn't have a medic, but I don't trust him. This smells of conspiracy, and I believe there are two 'most likely' possibilities, Zack. One: our group, your master included, was considered to be more trouble than we are worth and throwing us away to weaken a demon lord before sending in more to finish him seemed like a sound strategy. Two: The shadow manipulated events so all of us would be present when Renard died, and his death was arranged in such a fashion that some of his power passed to the rest of us there through the shadow."

Solum shrugged. It was all a bit farfetched, but he wasn't still alive today because he chose to discount the unlikely. He was a survivor, and that was because he was ready for anything. On the other hand he could hardly account for everything, and sometimes it was best to merely apply Occam's Razor to the events of the day; it would be easy to write it all off as being exactly as Akhain said. But that explanation just didn't sit well with Leto. Maybe it wasn't either of the scenarios he had outlined, but he was damn sure this was orchestrated somehow... and when he found out who had put him in a no-chance situation like that, he was going to beat them with an inch of their life. He was not some snot-nosed recruit to throw to the wolves, and he damn sure did not appreciate being treated like one... but he would analyze this on his own time. He had already said too much to Zack as it was. Best to keep it to himself until he knew for sure what was happening.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »

Zack looked at the shadow, and said "Keep an eye open at all times for if your guard ever slips I will kill you for taking my Master's life." Zack's horns disappear, but are soon replaced by a tail, and a small imp like creature pops up infront of him. He leans forward, and whispers to it "Keep an eye on everyone in that group I want to find out what happened, and if possible see if you can sneak into the council room,and find out what the council wanted Renard to do there." He turned, adn started walking down the stairs towards the two that were fighting, and said "What the hell is your problem we fight those demons that manage to make it to this world. Are the lives of millions of people worth this fight? If I ever catch you fighting again I will break your arms then get the Council to agree to seal your powers for good."

Give a lecture to the two about how our lives are for the people not to be wasted on worthless fights.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:32:55 pm by adwarf »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »

There is no fight, Adwarf. Akhain split it up already.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2011, 05:29:43 pm »

There is no fight, Adwarf. Akhain split it up already.
Sorry give me as sec to fix that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2011, 12:55:06 am »

What is the point of reviving a game if you just let it die again?

/Bump.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:15 am »

It's not going to die, I was actually going to start working on the turn, after I finish eating lunch.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24